Poll: Is Trey the Best Bengals FA ever?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trey Hendrickson Best FA signing ever?
I think it's time to have this discussion.. I think Trey is already the Best FA the Bengals have ever signed. This dude is a top 5 pass rusher.. I believe he's # 1 or 2 I. Pass rush win rate % .. 11 sacks.. He's definitely getting the 15 and probably more that got him paid last year... Dudes just a straight alpha male..

No more of this Lawson is better shit... It's not even close at this point.. Trey in half a year surpassed Lawsons career totals in sacks...
Reply/Quote
Well, the Bengals are relatively babies when it comes to whole free agency thing. They've not dipped their toes in the free agency pool for long so I agree that Hendrickson is likely their best FA signing ever at this point. Let's hope he has some longevity with his success as a Bengals player.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'd personally vote for Antonio Bryant.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 12:29 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I'd personally vote for Antonio Bryant.

Incoming "Trae Waynes" post.
Reply/Quote
I loved me some Reggie Nelson but I think he was trade anyway.. He's not in Trey category anyway. Trey is Elite..
Reply/Quote
Not knocking Hendrickson's production at all, but there is not a lot of competition for "Best Bengal Free Agent".

Adam Jones was All-Pro for us one year.

Burfict should have been All-Pro the one great season he had here.

Tory James went to the Pro Bowl the year he was 2nd in the league in interceptions.

Jeff Blake had a couple of good Pro Bowl seasons, but nothing close to elite

Who else would be on the list?
Reply/Quote
He would have to be, the Bengals don't have a lot of major external FA success. Adam Jones and Terrance Newman would probably be his biggest competition.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 12:32 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Not knocking Hendrickson's production at all, but there is not a lot of competition for "Best Bengal Free Agent".

Tory James went to the Pro Bowl the year he was 2nd in the league in interceptions.

Ced Benson?
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 12:32 PM)Tony Wrote: I loved me some Reggie Nelson but I think he was trade anyway.. He's not in Trey category anyway. Trey is Elite..

Reggie was elite while he was here as well, you might be underselling him here. I've found a lot of people forget that the man had EIGHT interceptions in 2015, led the league. During his time in Cincinnati (2010-2015), he was second in interceptions with 23. Only Richard Sherman had more. He was a bad, bad dude. 
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 12:45 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Ced Benson?

Ced was a fan favorite but he really wasn't that good while he was here. He wasn't much better than BJGE. 
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 12:45 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Reggie was elite while he was here as well, you might be underselling him here. I've found a lot of people forget that the man had EIGHT interceptions in 2015, led the league. During his time in Cincinnati (2010-2015), he was second in interceptions with 23. Only Richard Sherman had more. He was a bad, bad dude. 

Reggie was AWESOME!
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 12:49 PM)thillan Wrote: Reggie was AWESOME!

Yeah, he is one of my favorite defensive players ever. I loved that guy, he was a stud safety. 
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 12:46 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Ced was a fan favorite but he really wasn't that good while he was here. He wasn't much better than BJGE. 

IDK man, he had a heck of run vs the Jets when Palmer and Chad got completely shut down. He wasn’t great but he’s gotta be in our top 8 best FA signings.

Also, edit here, go back and look at the stats. He had 3 1,000 yard years from 09-11… I think you’re underrating him a bit.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 12:45 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Reggie was elite while he was here as well, you might be underselling him here. I've found a lot of people forget that the man had EIGHT interceptions in 2015, led the league. During his time in Cincinnati (2010-2015), he was second in interceptions with 23. Only Richard Sherman had more. He was a bad, bad dude. 

Reggie was a trade though, which is why he doesn’t qualify for this discussion.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 12:32 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Not knocking Hendrickson's production at all, but there is not a lot of competition for "Best Bengal Free Agent".

Bobbie Williams
Terrence Newman
John Thornton

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
If he's not the best ever he has to be 2nd. And it ain't over yet either. He was just an awesome pick up.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 12:55 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: If he's not the best ever he has to be 2nd. And it ain't over yet either. He was just an awesome pick up.

Yep. Best part is he is young. Fantastic pick up. 

Let's run it back by having another great debate next year Bengals, snag another amazing player!
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 12:45 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Ced Benson?

Rep.

ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 12:52 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: IDK man, he had a heck of run vs the Jets when Palmer and Chad got completely shut down. He wasn’t great but he’s gotta be in our top 8 best FA signings.

Also, edit here, go back and look at the stats. He had 3 1,000 yard years from 09-11… I think you’re underrating him a bit.

He had a great game against the Jets, I agree. He did have three 1,000 yard seasons, but total yards are an awful way to judge a player. You have to look at his efficiency. From 2009-2011, there were 59 running backs that had 200 or more carries. Here is where Benson ranked...

Yards per carry - 53rd
Success Rate - 30th
EPA - 53rd

Why did he have those 1,000 yard seasons? Because over that same time frame, he was 4th in total carries. I knew he wasn't very good, but those numbers are flat out awful. That's way worse than I expected. 
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 12:53 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Reggie was a trade though, which is why he doesn’t qualify for this discussion.

Yes, I'm aware, Tony said that in the post that I replied to. I was just discussing Reggie with him. 
Reply/Quote