Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trey Hendrickson injury
(11-13-2023, 12:50 PM)TigerStripes Wrote: In all seriousness, what HAS happened to Ossai?? Is he even getting snaps??  We've gotten very little out of Murphy thus far, which isn't necessarily a surprise.  He was drafted based on his age and crazy measurables, knowing he may take some time to develop. But we've gotten even less from Ossai.  With Hubbard, Hendrickson, Sample, Tupoa (sp??) all dinged up, we're gonna have to get some DL play from somewhere....  Not the best time to be headed to Baltimore for a MUST win.  I'm not ready to write this team off, but they're gonna have to step up big time to earn this next one. Joe and the offense better be ready to put up 40, because if we can't pressure CJ Stroud, imagine trying to contain/pressure Lamar Jackson.  And that's no disrespect intended for Stroud in any way, but Lamar Jackson is on his own level, when it comes to elusiveness.

It's not just the upgrade at QB, the Texans were playing their 4th center, a guy not on the roster previously.  The Ravens Linderbaum is a dog. 

The Texans were missing their leading tackler at LB, the Ravens have Roquan, the Texans were missing half of their secondary, the Ravens have everyone and better players.

We will be at least 5 point underdogs and like could be more. We will see if we are good enough or not. 

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 01:00 PM)casear2727 Wrote: It's not just the upgrade at QB, the Texans were playing their 4th center, a guy not on the roster previously.  The Ravens Linderbaum is a dog. 

The Texans were missing their leading tackler at LB, the Ravens have Roquan, the Texans were missing half of their secondary, the Ravens have everyone and better players.

We will be at least 5 point underdogs and like could be more. We will see if we are good enough or not. 

I think the Ravens had an injury at CB during the Cleveland game (Marlon Humphrey with an ankle injury) and an injury at tackle (Ronnie Stanley). Not saying the Bengals will be able to exploit any better than the they did against the Texans, but the Ravens don't have everyone for Thursday night.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 01:07 PM)Nepa Wrote: I think the Ravens had an injury at CB during the Cleveland game (Marlon Humphrey with an ankle injury) and an injury at tackle (Ronnie Stanley). Not saying the Bengals will be able to exploit any better than the they did against the Texans, but the Ravens don't have everyone for Thursday night.

So... everything is normal in Bmore with Stanley and Humphrey hurt?  

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 11:24 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Or it was just a bad pick to begin with.

You think our coaches had no say in who was picked?
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 01:07 PM)Nepa Wrote: I think the Ravens had an injury at CB during the Cleveland game (Marlon Humphrey with an ankle injury) and an injury at tackle (Ronnie Stanley). Not saying the Bengals will be able to exploit any better than the they did against the Texans, but the Ravens don't have everyone for Thursday night.

We thought the same thing about the Texans when half their team was hurt. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 01:20 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: You think our coaches had no say in who was picked?

I’m sure they do, but Tobin hasn’t hit on a single DL pick since Hubbard. And that was 6 years ago. He’s terrible at drafting both sides of the trenches.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 10:31 PM)Tomkat Wrote: How could it be intentional, when he couldn't see where he was falling... hell, he could've ended up hurting HIS OWN TEAMMATE.

He fell for 5 yards & is a professional football player. Looked intentional to me.
Reply/Quote
Don’t see how we win any more games without Trey and Sam

They are all of our pressures. Knowing Reader he’s probably next
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 09:56 PM)PCB Bengal Fan Wrote: That guy did that on purpose and should be suspended 4 games minimum.
Really??? Ninja
Reply/Quote
Even with a short week, I would be calling Dunlap to see what his physical shape is right now.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 01:40 PM)PCB Bengal Fan Wrote: He fell for 5 yards & is a professional football player. Looked intentional to me.

Click on the video and pause it immediately. The dude's knee is bent almost 90 degrees from where he was pushed and he's trying to keep from falling. He had no clue who was behind him, or where. Horrible take. 
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 02:55 PM)Housh Wrote: Don’t see how we win any more games without Trey and Sam

Especially against the Rat Turds
Reply/Quote
Early gameplan is have is to start Murphy and give him the Sam Hubbard role

Dont even pass rush all game. Eff it. He’s not getting home anyway. Just contain the edge and spy Lamar. He’s got the athleticism to do it here and there.

Teams kinda do this when they feel they can’t get home

They tell their ends to play pass lanes and keep an eye for the QB breaking contain.

Maybe the more realistic option is to start Ossai and have Murphy be the 3rd and long Lamar spy

I don’t think we’re getting more than 1 sack Thursday if we even get that
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 04:07 PM)Housh Wrote: Early gameplan is have is to start Murphy and give him the Sam Hubbard role

Dont even pass rush all game. Eff it. He’s not getting home anyway. Just contain the edge and spy Lamar. He’s got the athleticism to do it here and there.

They tell their ends to play pass lanes and keep an eye for the QB breaking contain.

Maybe the more realistic option is to start Ossai and have Murphy be the 3rd and long Lamar spy

That's depressing. Not saying you're wrong. But, man, is that depressing.
Reply/Quote
the good news from Zac is that Trey is day to day. The bad news is that there may not be enough days for this week

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Per Rapport, hyperextended knee. Assuming MRI is clean, we may not have him until after the Bal, Pit. Jax stretch
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 05:13 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: Per Rapport, hyperextended knee. Assuming MRI is clean, we may not have him until after the Bal, Pit. Jax stretch

No idea where you’re getting multiple weeks from. Taylor is making it sound much sooner.

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 05:27 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: No idea where you’re getting multiple weeks from. Taylor is making it sound much sooner.

Taylor makes everything sound sooner and longer at the same time.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 04:07 PM)Housh Wrote: Early gameplan is have is to start Murphy and give him the Sam Hubbard role

I would be absolutely shocked if they start Murphy. Did Zac say this?

Makes ZERO sense to start a guy averaging 8 reps a game. And no pass rush? That’s not a thing, they will always rush but with Lamar they will play contain way more than usual.

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 01:26 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m sure they do, but Tobin hasn’t hit on a single DL pick since Hubbard. And that was 6 years ago. He’s terrible at drafting both sides of the trenches.

I am not a huge fan of Tobin myself just think the coaches deserve some criticism as well since they refuse to play rookies for the most part. 
Reply/Quote