Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trey Hendrickson injury
(11-13-2023, 07:54 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: I am not a huge fan of Tobin myself just think the coaches deserve some criticism as well since they refuse to play rookies for the most part. 

I like Tobin well enough. He’s good at drafting WR’s and DB’s. Trenches not so much. He’s been killing it in FA the last few years, too.

Just need to start hitting on some of these linemen picks.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 06:54 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: Are the Benglas ever going to have detph step up and have a stellar game? Seems to happen everywhere else.

What is this depth you speak of?
About the only true depth seems to be at CB. MAYBE WR. And I really just mean DJ Turner and Trenton Irwin.
Maybe LB too, but we haven't had to see much of the LBs behind Pratt and Wilson.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
We don’t have much on the way of depth. In most positions.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 01:26 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m sure they do, but Tobin hasn’t hit on a single DL pick since Hubbard. And that was 6 years ago. He’s terrible at drafting both sides of the trenches.

I wouldn't consider Sample a miss. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 05:27 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: No idea where you’re getting multiple weeks from. Taylor is making it sound much sooner.

Wasn't going to be an easy game on Thursday night even if we had Trey. Thanks for this Nicomo, just have to hope Ossai is 
getting close to 100% and Cam Sample and Murphy can help out in containing Lamar and rushing when needed. Without Sam
it could be rough, he is great at being the QB spy on running QB's.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 10:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I wouldn't consider Sample a miss. 

I agree, at only 24 y/o in his 3rd season and playing nearly 40% of defensive snaps, Sample still has a lot of upside ahead of him.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2023, 02:25 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I agree, at only 24 y/o in his 3rd season and playing nearly 40% of defensive snaps, Sample still has a lot of upside ahead of him.

For sure and Cam is going to have to have a good game on Thursday night if we want to come away with a win in B-more.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 08:03 PM)ochocincos Wrote: What is this depth you speak of?
About the only true depth seems to be at CB. MAYBE WR. And I really just mean DJ Turner and Trenton Irwin.
Maybe LB too, but we haven't had to see much of the LBs behind Pratt and Wilson.

We have more linebackers?
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2023, 04:53 PM)PCB Bengal Fan Wrote: We have more linebackers?

You sure wouldn't know it this year with all LBs other than Pratt and Wilson playing just 27 snaps total out of 593.
But in previous recent years, Bailey, Bachie, and ADG have shown a little spark here and there when called upon.
So I guess I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt based on previous performance lol.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-14-2023, 05:03 PM)ochocincos Wrote: You sure wouldn't know it this year with all LBs other than Pratt and Wilson playing just 27 snaps total out of 593.
But in previous recent years, Bailey, Bachie, and ADG have shown a little spark here and there when called upon.
So I guess I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt based on previous performance lol.

Bailey and ADG in particular, would definitely be LBs 2/3 on many other teams in the league.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2023, 05:06 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Bailey and ADG in particular, would definitely be LBs 2/3 on many other teams in the league.

Guess we'll find out, as both are in a contract year.
If they are able to be a LB2/3 on many teams and do well, I would imagine one/both will choose to go elsewhere for more opportunity.
We probably need to plan for a Day 3 LB to be drafted to backfill.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
All I know is that Pratt (And I love some Playoff P) has to start making the tackle before trying to strip the ball. He has had a lot of success forcing turnovers, but he flat out missed some tackles late in Sunday's game because he was going for the ball without wrapping up the tackle first.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2023, 06:03 PM)Sled21 Wrote: All I know is that Pratt (And I love some Playoff P) has to start making the tackle before trying to strip the ball. He has had a lot of success forcing turnovers, but he flat out missed some tackles late in Sunday's game because he was going for the ball without wrapping up the tackle first.

I'd prefer him to go for turnovers instead of wrapping up. It's helped this team more often than not when he gambles. It's true. 

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 10:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I wouldn't consider Sample a miss. 

That’s an excellent point! Drew Sample has always been an above average blocking tight end but this season he’s coming into his own as a receiver as well; I’m very pleased to see this.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2023, 06:07 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: That’s an excellent point!  Drew Sample has always been an above average blocking tight end but this season he’s coming into his own as a receiver as well; I’m very pleased to see this.

?? he's not a good receiver. And a guy who is only good at being an above average blocking tight end should never go in round 2. Thats a late 3rd round pick at best

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2023, 06:07 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: That’s an excellent point!  Drew Sample has always been an above average blocking tight end but this season he’s coming into his own as a receiver as well; I’m very pleased to see this.

Yeah, me too, but he's a shit DE.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2023, 06:13 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Yeah, me too, but he's a shit DE.

Maybe we could put him at DB. Nobody catches balls thrown his way
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
they aren't practicing until after 6PM today so we have no official updated status yet

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Hendrickson currently out there practicing with the team. He’s not human.

Unfortunately no Tee or Hubbard and no Yoshi.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2023, 08:53 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Hendrickson currently out there practicing with the team. He’s not human.

Unfortunately no Tee or Hubbard and no Yoshi.

Just heard this too. Dudes a beast. Does he have a nickname?
Reply/Quote