Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Trey Hopkins-contract extended
new 3 year $20.4 million contract. Good for Trey...he earned it

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 11:48 AM)pally Wrote: new 3 year  $20.4 million contract.  Good for Trey...he earned it

Good news. Hopkins has made himself a fine center.
Reply/Quote
That's good news! It's also one less concern, heading into the offseason.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Now when is Price's rookie contract up? Maybe we can trade him for something....
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 11:58 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Now when is Price's rookie contract up? Maybe we can trade him for something....

For a bag of donuts?
Reply/Quote
Coming into this year Price was competing for center, Hopkins has played at a high level one of tops in league, it is settled who is center now also dont forget how many said to let Hopkins go 2 yrs ago.. so let Proce go full time at guard and see if he develops like Hopkins.
Reply/Quote
Good news, but 8.95 + 14.4 = 20.4? Even Mike Brown isn't that cheap.

Edit: Nevermind, I assume 14.4 is the total after the first two years.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 12:02 PM)Fullrock Wrote: For a bag of donuts?

And Gatorade....
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 12:03 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Coming into this year Price was competing for center, Hopkins has played at a high level one of tops in league, it is settled who is center now also dont forget how many said to let Hopkins go 2 yrs ago.. so let Proce go full time at guard and see if he develops like Hopkins.

I'm half joking about Price, I had high hopes for him. That said, he's not shown much at either position, which baffles me. I thought he would be a mauler at guard.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 12:02 PM)Fullrock Wrote: For a bag of donuts?

"You rang??"

[Image: th?id=OIP.JAryAAczWrIPlfzIOUPU-gHaEK&pid...=295&h=167]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 12:09 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I'm half joking about Price, I had high hopes for him. That said, he's not shown much at either position, which baffles me. I thought he would be a mauler at guard.

For some reason I still hold out some hope for Price being at least a decent player.  That said, it may have to occur somewhere else.
Reply/Quote
....and Hopkins breaks other leg in 3...2...1... Sad I really thought he was done for when he broke it..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 12:09 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I'm half joking about Price, I had high hopes for him. That said, he's not shown much at either position, which baffles me. I thought he would be a mauler at guard.

(12-28-2019, 12:17 PM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote: For some reason I still hold out some hope for Price being at least a decent player.  That said, it may have to occur somewhere else.

You guys aren't alone.  Many of us were expecting him to be driving DTs off the ball, and crushing LBs at the 2nd level.  While we anticipated him to have some issues in Pass Pro, largely due to a disadvantage in arm length, I fully expected to see him be as aggressive in the run game as he was in college.

So far, nothing but disappointment..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 12:19 PM)grampahol Wrote: ....and Hopkins breaks other leg in 3...2...1... Sad I really thought he was done for when he broke it..

Don't you put that evil on him Ricky Bobby.....
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 12:21 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Don't you put that evil on him Ricky Bobby.....

Nothing I could possibly do could come close to matching the evil of one Mr Mike Brown..  Shocked

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 11:48 AM)pally Wrote: new 3 year  $20.4 million contract.  Good for Trey...he earned it

This has to be fake news. I keep reading in this forum mike Brown is cheap and refuses to spend money and the Bengals do not develop any players.

On a serious note, this is good news. Now get AJ locked up for a team friendly deal for 2 or 3 years.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 12:17 PM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote: For some reason I still hold out some hope for Price being at least a decent player.  That said, it may have to occur somewhere else.

Me too — and in my case this might be me speaking as an OSU alumnus — but there has to be a logical reason why Billy Price went from hero to zero when moving from Columbus to Cincinnati. It could be coaching. It could be incomplete recovery from injury. It could be a combination of both. One doesn’t go bust without a reason.

Please correct me if I am wrong but wasn’t Billy playing well during his first few games as a Bengal in 2018 before the injury when the team started 4-1?
Reply/Quote
Great news. Well deserved
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 12:26 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: This has to be fake news. I keep reading in this forum mike Brown is cheap and refuses to spend money and the Bengals do not develop any players.

On a serious note, this is good news. Now get AJ locked up for a team friendly deal for 2 or 3 years.

...and AJ is going to announce wanting a team friendly deal why exactly? Oh, that's right..because Mike Brown is just too loveable..  Hilarious

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 12:35 PM)grampahol Wrote: ...and AJ is going to announce wanting a team friendly deal why exactly? Oh, that's right..because Mike Brown is just too loveable..  Hilarious

AJ will give someone as a deal. He has not played in the last 24 games or so. Not a great formula to get a great deal for an aging WR.

He now has bout 50% of a guy like Jones who was drafted in same year as AJ.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote