Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Truly dark day in Terrible Town
(01-11-2019, 08:27 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I thought Joey porter was white? Damn, I need to cut back on the beers on Sunday. Either that or check the bulb in the projector screen. Maybe my color is off?

You're thinking of Joey Votto.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
They'll just promote whoever was his assistant and go on.

They seem to be in trouble right now but waiting for the Steelers to fall down the hill is an exercise in futility. The only way is to climb up the hill and knock them off it.

At the moment, though, from the outside, it looks like falling dominoes over there. Chances are, the fans are in a much worse mental state about it than their FO is.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 08:27 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I thought Joey porter was white? Damn, I need to cut back on the beers on Sunday. Either that or check the bulb in the projector screen. Maybe my color is off?

Joey Porter may well be, JERRY Porter, however, is not. Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2019, 07:05 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Joey Porter may well be, JERRY Porter, however, is not. Mellow

[Image: giphy.gif]

Reply/Quote
Just read this in an article:

Quote:Brown has since promised to address “negative speculations about my character” in a video taped with former NFL receiver Chad Johnson.

It's worse than we thought.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2019, 06:13 PM)McC Wrote: They'll just promote whoever was his assistant and go on.

They seem to be in trouble right now but waiting for the Steelers to fall down the hill is an exercise in futility.  The only way is to climb up the hill and knock them off it.

At the moment, though, from the outside, it looks like falling dominoes over there.  Chances are, the fans are in a much worse mental state about it than their FO is.

That's a great observation that could hold true for most teams when they go through difficult challenges.  

The dominoes are definitely falling right now, though. I don't see the Munchak departure as being anything but bad news.  It was a lateral move, which suggests there was something in the culture he didn't like.  That does not bode well for the next few seasons.

That being said, they'll figure it out.  Probably not next year, or maybe even not in 2020, but they'll eventually get it.  I've been through more "the Steelers are done" eras than I can remember, only to see them bounce back a few years down the line.  That sort of resiliency starts at the top, and I have faith that they'll eventually figure it out.  The next one or two years won't be that fun, though.  
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2019, 01:02 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: That's a great observation that could hold true for most teams when they go through difficult challenges.  

The dominoes are definitely falling right now, though.  I don't see the Munchak departure as being anything but bad news.  It was a lateral move, which suggests there was something in the culture he didn't like.  That does not bode well for the next few seasons.  

That being said, they'll figure it out.  Probably not next year, or maybe even not in 2020, but they'll eventually get it.  I've been through more many "the Steelers are done" eras than I can remember, only to see them bounce back a few years down the line.  That sort of resiliency starts at the top, and I have faith that they'll eventually figure it out.  The next one or two years won't be that fun, though.  

As long as Ben is still around, you'll always have a chance.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2019, 01:33 PM)McC Wrote: As long as Ben is still around, you'll always have a chance.

.....or there will be plenty of bus tracks on everyone in the building. Mellow

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2019, 03:20 PM)Wyche Wrote: .....or there will be plenty of bus tracks on everyone in the building. Mellow

Yeah, I think I'm about over him.  They don't have anyone close just yet, but maybe it's time to start looking … 
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2019, 05:31 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Yeah, I think I'm about over him.  They don't have anyone close just yet, but maybe it's time to start looking … 

Are you talking Ben? They should certainly look to add a fairly high round QB to the roster in preparation. Then again I’ve never run a football team so....
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2019, 05:31 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Yeah, I think I'm about over him.  They don't have anyone close just yet, but maybe it's time to start looking … 

Mason Rudolph?

Reply/Quote

All smack aside, as a teammate, that would have to grow rather tiresome.  I've never seen a veteran QB deflect blame so much.  Most of them, even young ones, step up and shoulder the blame even when it's not on them.  As much as he's prone to have games where he throws multiple picks and stinks up the joint, he has little room to talk.

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2019, 09:48 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: All smack aside, as a teammate, that would have to grow rather tiresome.  I've never seen a veteran QB deflect blame so much.  Most of them, even young ones, step up and shoulder the blame even when it's not on them.  As much as he's prone to have games where he throws multiple picks and stinks up the joint, he has little room to talk.

My favorite part is that Pittsburgh insists on holding onto the enabler (Tomlin).

If only they could be more like Cincinnati and turn over a new coaching leaf. I guess not everyone is content with just treading water though. Pittsburgh is, but not Cincinnati.

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2019, 10:04 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: My favorite part is that Pittsburgh insists on holding onto the enabler (Tomlin).

If only they could be more like Cincinnati and turn over a new coaching leaf. I guess not everyone is content with just treading water though. Pittsburgh is, but not Cincinnati.

Indeed......seems Shitsburgh is content with mediocrity these days, complacent, if you will.  Seems players, coaches, everyone but Pig Pen and Biz Markie want to leave town. Maybe they're tired of rolling under the bus. Hmm 

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2019, 09:43 PM)McC Wrote: Mason Rudolph?

We'll see. Haven't really seen enough of him to say. I hope so, though.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2019, 10:56 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Indeed......seems Shitsburgh is content with mediocrity these days, complacent, if you will.  Seems players, coaches, everyone but Pig Pen and Biz Markie want to leave town. Maybe they're tired of rolling under the bus. Hmm 

I’m certainly glad our team is being proactive. It would suck to be stuck in a relationship you want to get out of like Steelers fans are right now. But then again not everyone can be fans of a top notch organization like we are. Maybe the Rooney’s can give Mike Brown a call so he can give them some advice on the matter.

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2019, 03:06 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: I’m certainly glad our team is being proactive. It would suck to be stuck in a relationship you want to get out of like Steelers fans are right now. But then again not everyone can be fans of a top notch organization like we are. Maybe the Rooney’s can give Mike Brown a call so he can give them some advice on the matter.

You're really good at this.  
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2019, 11:51 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: We'll see.  Haven't really seen enough of him to say.  I hope so, though.

I liked him coming out of college.  But the Steelers played Dobbs instead though, didn't they?

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2019, 04:36 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: You're really good at this.  

You know that’s right.

Reply/Quote