Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump Continues to Lead After Debate
(08-27-2015, 09:48 AM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: You don't see a difference between an ex-KKK leader who disavowed all of his previous associations and somebody who actively, currently espouses racial hatred and Antisemitism?

Seriously?

I'll ask my two questions again...maybe you can answer them better than the other guy:

1) What political office has Trump been elected to?

2) Has Trump been elected to any internal leadership position by the GOP?
(08-27-2015, 09:44 AM)GMDino Wrote: Its says that 60 years ago WV was a very racist place and they liked what he had to say.

What does it say that a former grand wizard thinks a man running for the highest office in the land is right on topic about illegal AND legal immigrants?

You didn't answer either question.

What political position has Trump been elected to?

Has Trump been elected to any leadership position internally by the GOP?
(08-27-2015, 09:50 AM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: I'll ask my two questions again...maybe you can answer them better than the other guy:

1) What political office has Trump been elected to?

2) Has Trump been elected to any internal leadership position by the GOP?

1. None.

2. Nope.

Okay, your turn to answer my relevant question now that I've answered your irrelevant ones.
(08-27-2015, 09:48 AM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: You don't see a difference between an ex-KKK leader who disavowed all of his previous associations and somebody who actively, currently espouses racial hatred and Antisemitism?

I don't pay that much attention to Trump because I personally can't stand him, and I wouldn't vote for him.  Could you help me out and post me some info on his racial hatred and antisemitism?  
(08-27-2015, 10:06 AM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: I don't pay that much attention to Trump because I personally can't stand him, and I wouldn't vote for him.  Could you help me out and post me some info on his racial hatred and antisemitism?  

Why would I do that when I've never accused Trump of racial hatred or antisemitism?

Did you forget to use your context clues when you read my post? I'll clarify for you: Robert Byrd is the former KKK member who disavowed his previous positions; David Duke is the one who continues to unapologetically publicize racial hatred and antisemitism.
(08-27-2015, 09:37 AM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: And what does it say about the DNC that they voted Byrd senate majority leader as a member of the KKK?

Has Trump been elected to anything yet?  Has the GOP elected him internally to any sort of leadership position?

(08-27-2015, 09:44 AM)GMDino Wrote: Its says that 60 years ago WV was a very racist place and they liked what he had to say.

What does it say that a former grand wizard thinks a man running for the highest office in the land is right on topic about illegal AND legal immigrants?

(08-27-2015, 09:51 AM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: You didn't answer either question.

Rolleyes

(08-27-2015, 09:51 AM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: What political position has Trump been elected to?

Has Trump been elected to any leadership position internally by the GOP?

He hasn't been elected to anything because he's never actually followed through on running.

However you seem to have no problem with his ideas being supported by a former grand wizard while getting your panties in a bunck about a former grand wizard getting elected and promoted within the party.

Yet you don't see the comparison. Rock On
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(08-27-2015, 10:09 AM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: Why would I do that when I've never accused Trump of racial hatred or antisemitism?

Did you forget to use your context clues when you read my post? I'll clarify for you: Robert Byrd is the former KKK member who disavowed his previous positions; David Duke is the one who continues to unapologetically publicize racial hatred and antisemitism.

Okay, and the difference once again is that Robert Byrd was elected to the US Senate and was further elected internally by the DNC to a leadership position within the party. 

David Duke has not been elected by the people to a political office, nor has he been elected to an internal leadership position by the GOP. 

You not being able to differentiate between the two is either political bias or total ignorance.  
http://www.salon.com/2015/09/03/donald_trump_proves_kareem_abdul_jabbar_correct_with_all_caps_sharpie_scrawled_response_to_nba_legends_editorial/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

Quote:Donald Trump proves Kareem Abdul-Jabbar correct with ALL CAPS, Sharpie-scrawled response to NBA legend’s editorial

Abdul-Jabbar accused Trump of lashing out when criticized, which Trump took as an invitation to do just that

NBA legend Kareem Abdul-Jabbar penned an article for the Washington Post on Tuesday in which he examined how Donald Trump’s insurgent campaign differed from Bernie Sanders’ — the latter shows “grace under fire,” whereas the former lashes out.

For example, Abdul-Jabbar wrote, “after Trump had blamed her attitude on her menstrual cycle, [Megyn] Kelly went on what Fox says was a planned vacation. Nevertheless, Trump suggested he may have been the cause. What kind of candidate takes credit for bullying the media?” He characterized that position, as well as Trump’s recent contretemps with Univision and Fusion reporter Jorge Ramos, as an attempt “to bully the press to silence criticism of him,” which struck him as being “anti-American.”

Abdul-Jabbar wrote that Republicans “may flirt with the preppy life of the frathouse partier because he’s poked sacred cows, said stuff we all wish we could say (except that reason keeps us from doing it), and acted buffoonishly entertaining.” However, he added that eventually even the GOP faithful will realize that he’s not a viable presidential candidate.

Later that day, as predicted, Trump lashed out, scribbling an ALL CAPS message on a printed version of Abdul-Jabbar’s essay and sending it to him by special courier:

[Image: Capture.jpg]
(Credit: Washington Post)
(Credit: Washington Post)

In addition to proving Abdul-Jabbar correct, Trump unwittingly also informed potential voters of things they’ve likely suspected — namely, that he’s the sort of person who prints out articles he reads online, reflexively highlights his own name when it appears, comments on these print-outs in ALL CAPS with a Sharpie, and then has his words of wisdom sent by special courier to people who clearly don’t value his opinion.

I'd offer one caveat:

I don't think Trump "reflexively highlights his own name when it appears". I think he (or a team of people working for him) gets notifications when his name appears ANYWHERE. Or the team highlights it when searching for ANYTHING about Trump on line.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(08-27-2015, 10:37 AM)GMDino Wrote: Rolleyes

He hasn't been elected to anything because he's never actually followed through on running.

However you seem to have no problem with his ideas being supported by a former grand wizard while getting your panties in a bunck about a former grand wizard getting elected and promoted within the party.

Yet you don't see the comparison.   Rock On

EEK! Trumps gonna put ya'll back in chains!

And if Trump wasn't running who would Duke support then? Who's next in line, Cruz?

What difference does it make? All Republicans are racists and haters.
All this silliness about David Duke.

At least he didn't hang with Trump, whereas you had Obama who had the full support of his buddy...an American hating terrorist by the name of Bill Ayers.

Nothing to see here right?
(09-03-2015, 12:19 PM)Blutarsky Wrote: EEK! Trumps gonna put ya'll back in chains!

And if Trump wasn't running who would Duke support then? Who's next in line, Cruz?

What difference does it make? All Republicans are racists and haters.

Well, at least you're not using broad, sweeping stereotypes.

What is your other screen name?
(09-03-2015, 12:27 PM)Blutarsky Wrote: All this silliness about David Duke.

At least he didn't hang with Trump, whereas you had Obama who had the full support of his buddy...an American hating terrorist by the name of Bill Ayers.

Only thing to see here is that right wing myths truly never die. I bet you still can't believe Hillary can run for office after Vince Foster, too, right?
(09-03-2015, 12:27 PM)Blutarsky Wrote: All this silliness about David Duke.

You mean the Bill Ayers who is a distinguished retired Professor from the University of Illinois at Chicago?

The guy who Chicago selected "Citizen of the Year" in the late '90's for his work on education reform?

He hated the Vietnam War, not America.  And a lot of people agreed with him.
(09-03-2015, 02:31 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: Only thing to see here is that right wing myths truly never die. I bet you still can't believe Hillary can run for office after Vince Foster, too, right?

*That's why I say "Hey, man... nice shot. What a good shot, man."*

BTW.... who the heck allowed Kareem to be remotely relevant, again ?
Didn't Trump just kind of give him a notoriety boost by acknowledging him ?
(09-03-2015, 02:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He hated the Vietnam War, not America.  And a lot of people agreed with him.

By that logic, Timothy McVeigh loved America, too.  Where's the love for him?
(09-03-2015, 02:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You mean the Bill Ayers who is a distinguished retired Professor from the University of Illinois at Chicago?

The guy who Chicago selected "Citizen of the Year" in the late '90's for his work on education reform?

He hated the Vietnam War, not America.  And a lot of people agreed with him.

How about the Weather Underground Bill Ayers.

Are we going to discuss what a great American Jeremiah Wright is next?
Trump signs pledge not to run as an independent.

That means he will support the nominee if he loses the nomination.
That means the others must support Trump if he wins.
That means if they support Trump, they are supporting a man that David Duke supports.
That means Republicans are all racists.
That means those gosh darn liberals will be proven right yet again! Sad

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-to-sign-gop-pledge-commit-to-back-party-nominee/2015/09/03/c5d9ea7c-5242-11e5-9812-92d5948a40f8_story.html
(09-03-2015, 03:36 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: How about the Weather Underground Bill Ayers.

Are we going to discuss what a great American Jeremiah Wright is next?

Hey wait, weren't we warned that Obama would give both of these guys high-level government positions if he got elected?  Did he renege on a promise to these two, or what?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(09-04-2015, 01:12 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Hey wait, weren't we warned that Obama would give both of these guys high-level government positions if he got elected?  Did he renege on a promise to these two, or what?

I thought the story was that Obama didn't really have any association with those guys.

I mean, he attended Wright's church all those years, but he didn't pay any attention....or was absent when Wright said things like "God damn America" during his "The Audacity to Hope" sermon.  Obama thought so little of Wright's sermon that he decided to name a book "The Audacity of Hope". 
If I had to, I'd probably take Carson over Trump. But as much as I like Trump, I think he has considerably more relevant experience than Carson. Carson may be brilliant, but has he ever negotiated anything significant, or managed more than a few dozen people?

And I'm not sure what Carson has done, even given that poor debate performance, to continue climbing in the polls.

If Republicans are really going to nominate an outsider (I don't believe that for 1 second), then you have to figure Fiorina will eventually surge past Carson and Trump in the debates. Fiorina could put forth a novel solution to the immigration problem by annexing Mexico (subtle jab at her HP tenure).