Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Trump Is Giving This Country Its Identity Back
(04-16-2017, 03:53 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: Agreed. We've allowed our petroleum industry's influence on policy stymie alternative energy progress for decades. I believe it will take a generation or two to recover from being so shortsighted, whether probable or not. Will we ever see a push from the private sector to make this happen?

America is becoming great right NOW and here you guys are talking about deficits and future energy sources.

Did you see the size of that bomb we dropped in A-stan? Name a country with one bigger than ours. You can't, can you?
And commanders in field can drop one whenever they want now.

Take a moment to appreciate American's newfound greatness!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(04-16-2017, 04:02 PM)Dill Wrote: America is becoming great right NOW and here you guys are talking about deficits and future energy sources.

Did you see the size of that bomb we dropped in A-stan? Name a country with one bigger than ours.  You can't, can you?
And commanders in field can drop one whenever they want now.

Take a moment to appreciate American's newfound greatness!

I have been waiting for the "Giant turd falls from sky" headline. I tell ya, these present day liberal media types are slow to react ....
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
The identity we had under W? Moronic corrupt leadership?
(04-16-2017, 04:16 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: The identity we had under W? Moronic corrupt leadership?

LOL  Anyone but Gore! Hilarious
(04-16-2017, 03:28 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No we are not.  We are going deeper and deeper in debt and Trump wants to INCREASE military spending.

While we spend billions on bombs China is spending billions on solar power and willown our asses in a few years.

They already do.
(04-16-2017, 10:30 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: That's why they make toilet seat covers.

TBH - I have no problem with an open minded president who has the ability to listen and change his stance on some issues. Not sure if this applies to Trump because he's a very difficult dude to read or understand. To have a leader who refuses to take advice and enlightenment is more of what we have had in the past. Sure, you don't want a leader who flip-flops from one day to the next but some flexibility is positive.

Flexibility is one thing, impulsiveness is another. I'm sure you've seen all the tweets Trump sent out warning Obama not to use force in Syria after Assad used chemical weapons in 2013. So what changed his mind in 2017? Flexibility? Or impulsiveness?
(04-16-2017, 05:05 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Flexibility is one thing, impulsiveness is another. I'm sure you've seen all the tweets Trump sent out warning Obama not to use force in Syria after Assad used chemical weapons in 2013. So what changed his mind in 2017? Flexibility? Or impulsiveness?

He seen the horror.
(04-16-2017, 04:58 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: They already do.

Common misconception. Most federal debt in this country is held by the American people.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
[Image: Screen-Shot-2017-04-15-at-8.19.58-PM.png?x75966]
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(04-16-2017, 05:54 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: [Image: Screen-Shot-2017-04-15-at-8.19.58-PM.png?x75966]

Caption: Damnit, I was really trying to change the perception of Korean men, yet my missile came up short and failed to perform again. Mommmmmmeeeeeeeee!
(04-16-2017, 03:28 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No we are not.  We are going deeper and deeper in debt and Trump wants to INCREASE military spending.

While we spend billions on bombs China is spending billions on solar power and willown our asses in a few years.
Stupid Trump. He should take a page out of his predecessor's book on how to handle that debt.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(04-16-2017, 09:37 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Unfortunately the world is not a middle school playground.

The bloodthirsy war hawks were also thrilled when the US "manned up" and showed the world how great we were when we invaded Iraq?

Making decisions based on trying to show the world how tough we are is very, very stupid.  Our country will go broke spending on military.  We already spend almost as much as the rest of the world combined.  The US accounts for 40% of military spending.

the rest of the world is laughing at us spening so much money on the military while going deeper and deeper in debt as a country.  North Korea is in China's realm of influence.  They would love for us to spend a few billion trying to fix that problem for them.

It's not a middle school playground, which is why you can't let other countries pick on the little kids, like its own citizens.  There needs to be someone to control the playground, either a teacher or a kid who's just going to kick the shit out of any bullies.

We do spend that much and it's sad that we have to police a lot of the world, but we have to do so for the safety of our own people and also because we can't just sit back and turn a blind-eye to atrocities that are being committed.  

(04-16-2017, 09:57 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually I believe that resorting to violence and threats of violence to settle any dispute is very much a "bully type way".
Ha!!!!!!!

Typical!!!!!

So you're saying that the kid in this video that knocks out the other kid that's picking on a blind kid is being a bully?!

Give me a second...........  

Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious  Hilarious 

Ok, I'm back.

We've tried being peaceful, as I've said and you keep ignoring, but sometimes you need to be a hard-ass to protect yourself and your people.

Do you want us to keep saying "Ok, Kim Jung-un, we know you haven't listened to anyone else in the world, including us, when we've tried to be peaceful and asked you to stop trying to develop nuclear weapons, but we're asking you VERY NICELY this time:  PRETTY PLEASE WILL YOU STOP?"?

Sometimes you have to show might and hit first.
(04-16-2017, 02:04 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: America is not getting respect because of Trump, we're losing it.

Trump's flip-flopping on positions is interesting, definitely a different thing whenever you get in the big chair. The Syria thing, I'm against the decision, I was against it when Obama asked Congress for the permission to act against Assad, I was against our involvement in Libya. For the MOAB thing, it is my understanding that Trump wasn't a part of that decision making. They have moved those decisions out of the White House from all accounts I have read, but if someone has more information on that, let me know.

Job creation in the first month? It takes months, if not years, for economic policies from the White House to have impacts. The job creation is no different than what had been happening for a while under Obama. What's also interesting is the rest of the world still saw us as hawkish during Obama's tenure as well.

But hey, don't let facts get in the way of delusions.

Trump is adapting his positions as-needed to fit the current problems.  That's what great leaders do.

How can you be against the Syria thing?  We didn't risk any American lives and we just sent a message that Assad's actions won't be tolerated.

For the MOAB thing, Trump won't say whether he directly authorized it, but, even if he didn't, he obviously authorized someone who knew what the best move was to make the call.  He trusted his officials and staff.  

I guess the job creations and other improvements are just a coincidence?  Even if it was happening under Obama, which I don't see, it still shows the confidence that the people and business world have in Trump to keep things going in a positive direction.
(04-16-2017, 04:58 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: They already do.

No they don't.  Not even close.  Despite have 4 times the population their Gross Domestic Product is less than that of the United States.
(04-16-2017, 09:57 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually I believe that resorting to violence and threats of violence to settle any dispute is very much a "bully type way".

Well I mean.... is it really "bullying" when North Korea has made numerous threats towards the United States and has even went as far to create multiple videos of them attacking the US? I'm sorry, but if a nation has the nerve to be developing and testing nuclear weapons AND creating videos of them blowing up US cities they deserved to be "bullied".
(04-16-2017, 07:58 PM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: Well I mean.... is it really "bullying" when North Korea has made numerous threats towards the United States and has even went as far to create multiple videos of them attacking the US? I'm sorry, but if a nation has the nerve to be developing and testing nuclear weapons AND creating videos of them blowing up US cities they deserved to be "bullied".

Screw the bullying, just punch them in the nuts and move on to bigger issues, like "Making America Great Again!"
(04-16-2017, 06:49 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Trump is adapting his positions as-needed to fit the current problems.  That's what great leaders do.

How can you be against the Syria thing?  We didn't risk any American lives and we just sent a message that Assad's actions won't be tolerated.

For the MOAB thing, Trump won't say whether he directly authorized it, but, even if he didn't, he obviously authorized someone who knew what the best move was to make the call.  He trusted his officials and staff.  

I guess the job creations and other improvements are just a coincidence?  Even if it was happening under Obama, which I don't see, it still shows the confidence that the people and business world have in Trump to keep things going in a positive direction.

I don't disagree on the opinions changing, I am just going to find it interesting when he drops all of his campaign promises, or the majority of them.

I am against military action for jnternal issues in sovereign nations, especially without congressional approval. And yeah, he trusts his officials so much he has placed loyalty watchdogs with some officials.

For the last bit, you really ought to look at the actual numbers. When you look at the BLS data you can see that the economy has been improving steadily, and the job creation in recent months is co tinued momentum from previous economic growth with little to no impact from Trump.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(04-16-2017, 10:03 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I don't disagree on the opinions changing, I am just going to find it interesting when he drops all of his campaign promises, or the majority of them.

The most ironic dynamic of this is: The ones that disagreed with his campaign promises are the ones making the most noise that he is altering them.

(04-17-2017, 12:08 AM)bfine32 Wrote: The most ironic dynamic of this is: The ones that disagreed with his campaign promises are the ones making the most noise that he is altering them.

Or... those who agreed with his campaign promises don't seem to care whether he follows through on them or not. It's sort of like the guy who promises the girl all sorts of things if she has sex with him, reneges after she does, and she doesn't care because she knew he wasn't going to do it anyway.
(04-17-2017, 12:20 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: Or... those who agreed with his campaign promises don't seem to care whether he follows through on them or not. It's sort of like the guy who promises the girl all sorts of things if she has sex with him, reneges after she does, and she doesn't care because she knew he wasn't going to do it anyway.

It's really not an "or". It is simply more of the same dynamic and supports my assertion that the only ones holding him to his campaign promises are the ones that disagreed with them and somehow, someway, they are the ones angered by it.

As for me. I have enough faith in our process of checks and balances; that I really don't care. I do get a kick out of watching folks losing their minds over it.

(04-17-2017, 12:27 AM)bfine32 Wrote: It's really not an "or". It is simply more of the same dynamic and supports my assertion that the only ones holding him to his campaign promises are the ones that disagreed with them and somehow, someway, they are the ones angered by it.

As for me. I have enough faith in our process of checks and balances; that I really don't care. I do get a kick out of watching folks losing their minds over it.

It is almost like some folks expected him to outright lie when they voted for him, as if they wanted to see how many false claims, half-truths and outright lies he could get away with.