Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump: 'My employees are having a tremendous problem with Obamacare'
(10-26-2016, 07:34 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/25/politics/trump-obamacare-employees/

So is Trump a liar or just grossly misinformed about his own business? 

Yes.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
(10-26-2016, 07:34 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/25/politics/trump-obamacare-employees/

I fail to see where Trump lied in the article. Or said anything wrong.

He said his employees have a problem with Obamacare. He doesn't say how, but the author apparently never asked. When asked how many employees have health insurance through Obamacare, Trump said some, but most don't which was backed up one of his property's general managers.

So where the lie or the misinformation? There's certainly questions about HOW his employees have been overwhelmingly and negatively affected by Obamacare, but what's been provided has not shown any lie or misinformation.

For the record, Trump IS a liar. This article has failed to show an instance of that, though.
[Image: giphy.gif]

ACA is not delivering on one of it's biggest promises. Cherry coat it how ever you want to.

"every single good idea to bend the cost curve and start actually reducing health care costs is in the bill".

Six years now and we are still waiting for the health care costs to be reduced? Sorry, but I'm not going to give them 30 "Hillary" years to figure out WTF they are doing.

As long as mine is still increasing, then yes, I am affected by it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-26-2016, 09:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So if you get insurance through your Company you are not affected by ACA?

"Won't cost you a dime more and you get to choose your doctor!"

Should have been more like...

"Won't cost you a dime more, unless you already had health insurance, in which case it will cost you a lot more, or if you didn't have health insurance because you're young and don't need it, in which case it will cost you a lot more than the nothing you were previously paying. Also, you get to choose your doctor.... so long as that doctor falls into a certain plan list and are accepted by this certain company, which is almost certainly not going to be the case if your previous doctor was competent. Oh, and if you're a part time worker, expect to get your hours cut down so your employer doesn't have to fork over more money."

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
(10-27-2016, 02:52 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: As long as mine is still increasing, then yes, I am affected by it.

You can't say that when the same costs were increasing before the ACA.
(10-26-2016, 10:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I didn't think you would be in favor of the new format.

There is nothing new about you refusing to make a comment and instead just ask a question.

If you want to make a comment why can't you just make that comment.   It is childish to just ask questions and then cry when other people don't do your work for you.
(10-27-2016, 04:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: There is nothing new about you refusing to make a comment and instead just ask a question.

If you want to make a comment why can't you just make that comment.   It is childish to just ask questions and then cry when other people don't do your work for you.

Look at your "reply" just before this reply you provided then ask yourself: Why does bfine often just laugh at me.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Enough with insulting each other. Go back to keeping things respectful.....and on topic. Thank you.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
(10-27-2016, 03:46 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: "Won't cost you a dime more and you get to choose your doctor!"

Should have been more like...

"Won't cost you a dime more, unless you already had health insurance, in which case it will cost you a lot more, or if you didn't have health insurance because you're young and don't need it, in which case it will cost you a lot more than the nothing you were previously paying. Also, you get to choose your doctor.... so long as that doctor falls into a certain plan list and are accepted by this certain company, which is almost certainly not going to be the case if your previous doctor was competent. Oh, and if you're a part time worker, expect to get your hours cut down so your employer doesn't have to fork over more money."

This is the biggest issue I've had with the whole premise of the thread. It's like saying you cannot be affected by welfare costs unless you're on welfare.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

So we are two pages in and still not one person can tell us what "tremendous problems" all of Trump's employees are having with the ACA or specifically what "they're going through with their health care" that is "horrible because of Obamacare"

Guess facts don't matter much to the Trump supporters.
(10-27-2016, 12:11 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I fail to see where Trump lied in the article. Or said anything wrong.

He said his employees have a problem with Obamacare. He doesn't say how, but the author apparently never asked. When asked how many employees have health insurance through Obamacare, Trump said some, but most don't which was backed up one of his property's general managers.

So where the lie or the misinformation? There's certainly questions about HOW his employees have been overwhelmingly and negatively affected by Obamacare, but what's been provided has not shown any lie or misinformation.

For the record, Trump IS a liar. This article has failed to show an instance of that, though.

Seriously?

Do "all" the employees of Salvation Army have a "tremendous problem" with Obamacare?
(10-27-2016, 02:52 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: ACA is not delivering on one of it's biggest promises. Cherry coat it how ever you want to.

"every single good idea to bend the cost curve and start actually reducing health care costs is in the bill".

Six years now and we are still waiting for the health care costs to be reduced? Sorry, but I'm not going to give them 30 "Hillary" years to figure out WTF they are doing.

As long as mine is still increasing, then yes, I am affected by it.

Show me where I "cherry" coated it. 
(10-27-2016, 06:54 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Seriously?

Do "all" the employees of Salvation Army have a "tremendous problem" with Obamacare?

What do employees of Salvation Army have to do with Trump Employees?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(10-27-2016, 06:42 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So we are two pages in and still not one person can tell us what "tremendous problems" all of Trump's employees are having with the ACA or specifically what "they're going through with their health care" that is "horrible because of Obamacare"

Guess facts don't matter much to the Trump supporters.

I suppose that real life examples mean nothing to you, as in your opinion they are simply conjecture...

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(10-27-2016, 06:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This is the biggest issue I've had with the whole premise of the thread. It's like saying you cannot be affected by welfare costs unless you're on welfare.

Once again, Trump claimed "all" his employees have a "tremendous problem" with Obamacare. That's different than claiming his employees were affected by it. As I have already stated I am affected by it, but I don't have a tremendous problem with it. 

Can you tell me the tremendous problem Trump was referring to?
(10-27-2016, 07:00 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What do employees of Salvation Army have to do with Trump Employees?

Okay. . . 

Maybe you can tell me what "tremendous problem" "all" the employees where you or your wife work have with Obamacare?
(10-27-2016, 07:01 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I suppose that real life examples mean nothing to you, as in your opinion they are simply conjecture...

Give me a real life example. 
(10-27-2016, 07:23 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Okay. . . 

Maybe you can tell me what "tremendous problem" "all" the employees where you or your wife work have with Obamacare?

Still not an answer to what Salvation Army employees has to do with Trump..

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(10-27-2016, 07:01 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I suppose that real life examples mean nothing to you, as in your opinion they are simply conjecture...

No one has posted a single "real life example" of all the Trump employees having tremendous problems with their healthcare because of the ACA.
(10-27-2016, 07:24 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Give me a real life example. 

I did, in my first post in this thread.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23