Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump: 'My employees are having a tremendous problem with Obamacare'
(10-27-2016, 07:34 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I did, in my first post in this thread.

No you didn't.

First of all you never mentioned a single Trump employee.

Second you cited rising costs that were happening before the ACA was in place.
(10-27-2016, 07:34 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I did, in my first post in this thread.

Look . . .

(10-26-2016, 08:05 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: For example, my wife and I are lucky, we both enjoy good coverage provided to us by our employers at no out of pocket expense.  However, it cost her almost double in copays for care and prescriptions as it does for myself, as we are insured by different carriers.  Thank goodness we no longer need to carry a family plan.  A man that I work with has to pay the difference between single coverage and the total cost of the family plan, his out of pocket is over $1200/mo.  before any deductibles and copays.  That may not sound like much to people making six figure salaries, but this particular guy is salaries at around 50K base, and might get to 60K with overtime..

. . . everything in your real world example are practices insurance companies and employers have been doing to us for at least the past two decades. Your examples only have two things to do with Obamacare: 1 Jack, 2 Shit.
(10-27-2016, 04:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You can't say that when the same costs were increasing before the ACA.

Yes I most certainly can say that. 
It's been 6 years. The goal of the ACA was to make it cheaper for eveyone by having a larger pool paying into it. I have yet to see any reductions. What year do you think we will see one? 10? 15? 50?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-27-2016, 07:42 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Second you cited rising costs that were happening before the ACA was in place.

..and the world was moving toward its extinction before pollution, so when shouldn't concern ourselves with it.

Folks are pretty much unanimous on the affect the ACA has on healthcare costs; even Hills realizes it and has vowed to "fix it". She will just fight for it to keep its "Obama" name; she most likely owes him that. However, there are at least 2 folks in this very thread that do not understand the affect the ACA has had on healthcare costs.  
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(10-27-2016, 07:42 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No you didn't.

First of all you never mentioned a single Trump employee.

Second you cited rising costs that were happening before the ACA was in place.

Yeah, whatever you say there fred...

Obamacare was supposed to be the "great savior" to the American working class, reduce premiums, etc.  All that we have seen is the polar opposite.  At least before Obamacare, we could manage our copays and deductibles without much hardship to the family budget.  But now, we have to decide weather it's worth going to see the Doctor if we're not feeling well...  I was raised to believe that the entire idea of insurance was to alleviate the cost of unexpected events.  Turns out, even if you have paid for coverage, it still costs to use it.  What the hell is that??

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(10-27-2016, 08:19 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yeah, whatever you say there fred...

Obamacare was supposed to be the "great savior" to the American working class, reduce premiums, etc.  All that we have seen is the polar opposite.  At least before Obamacare, we could manage our copays and deductibles without much hardship to the family budget.  But now, we have to decide weather it's worth going to see the Doctor if we're not feeling well...  I was raised to believe that the entire idea of insurance was to alleviate the cost of unexpected events.  Turns out, even if you have paid for coverage, it still costs to use it.  What the hell is that??

You have no idea how the ACA has effected you and your family. Listen to Fred and Breech you big liar.

(10-27-2016, 08:11 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Look . . .

. . . everything in your real world example are practices insurance companies and employers have been doing to us for at least the past two decades. Your examples only have two things to do with Obamacare: 1 Jack, 2 Shit.

Practices that Obamacare was claimed to be going to protect people from..  Ever see the Obama quote about American families can expect to save about $2500 per year?  If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor? etc, etc.

Instead, all that has happened in reality is that the cost per worker is going up, and the number of companies providing insurance is decreasing.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Blaming the ACA for rising health care costs is liek blaming police for crime.

"Police are supposed to stop crime, but we have police and we still have crime........Derp"

I agree that the  ACA did not accomplish the cost controls it was supposed to, but it DID accomplish a lot of good things.

It needs to be fixed, not abolished.  And you can not blame rising prices on the ACA when they existed before the ACA.

I would be in favor of abolishing the ACA altogether if we could go to a single pay system, but the health insurance industry has too much power in this country.  So that will not happen anytime in the near future.
(10-27-2016, 08:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Blaming the ACA for rising health care costs is liek blaming police for crime.

"Police are supposed to stop crime, but we have police and we still have crime........Derp"

Actually the truly feeble-minded would point to the fact that we had crime before police, in an attempt to show they have no effect on the rate of crime.

(10-27-2016, 08:16 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Yes I most certainly can say that. 
It's been 6 years. The goal of the ACA was to make it cheaper for eveyone by having a larger pool paying into it. I have yet to see any reductions. What year do you think we will see one? 10? 15? 50?

What you described in bold is a single payer system. Obamacare was never meant as a single payer system. It was meant to make people buy their own insurance instead of the government picking up the tab for indigent care at ERs. 

The more of the uninsured who purchased health insurance via Obamacare the lower the costs for those buying Obamacare. 

Premiums for health insurance have decreased three years in a row for the company I work for, but those decreases aren't due to Obamacare. 
(10-27-2016, 08:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: ..and the world was moving toward its extinction before pollution, so when shouldn't concern ourselves with it.

Folks are pretty much unanimous on the affect the ACA has on healthcare costs; even Hills realizes it and has vowed to "fix it". She will just fight for it to keep its "Obama" name; she most likely owes him that. However, there are at least 2 folks in this very thread that do not understand the affect the ACA has had on healthcare costs.  

I treat patients every week and deal with insurance related issues regularly. You know more about insurance than I do like Trump knows more about ISIS than the generals. I guarantee between all of us in this thread, I'm the only one who has ever argued on the phone with an insurance rep over a pre-authorization to order a test to rule out a life threatening condition. (When the rep who has never treated a single patient says I have to order another test first even though I explained that regardless of the results of the test they want me to order, but I don't need, I'm still going to order the same test I'm arguing about ordering. So they are actually increasing the cost by making me order two tests instead of just one. While making the admin process so painful ad time consuming they hope people like me will just give up and comply with their stupid rules.)

I never claimed Obamacare hasn't affected people. Trump claimed all his employees have tremendous problems with it. Not a single person here or Trump has identified what the tremendous problem is. No one in this thread has a tremendous problem with it. Sunset's real world examples of Obamacare's problems are a result of the insurance company's and private business practices rather than Obamacare. 

There is a lot to criticize about Obamacare, but so far the comments I've read inappropriately blame Obamacare for the shit insurance companies and private businesses have been doing for DECADES before Obamacare, but thanks to partisanship misinformation they don't receive the vitriol they deserve. 
(10-27-2016, 06:10 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: Enough with insulting each other. Go back to keeping things respectful.....and on topic. Thank you.
I've found myself performing this task, in real life.
I've become the conscience of bickering Dems/Repubs.
I feel like Jiminny Cricket.
(10-27-2016, 08:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Actually the truly feeble-minded would point to the fact that we had crime before police, in an attempt to show they have no effect on the rate of crime.

What do you mean "truly" feeble-minded?

Do you think the people who blame police for crime rates are NOT "truly" feeble minded?

I think my point went over your head.

Again.
(10-27-2016, 08:19 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yeah, whatever you say there fred...

Obamacare was supposed to be the "great savior" to the American working class, reduce premiums, etc.  All that we have seen is the polar opposite.  At least before Obamacare, we could manage our copays and deductibles without much hardship to the family budget.

That's bullshit.

Quote:But now, we have to decide weather it's worth going to see the Doctor if we're not feeling well... 

It has always been like that.

Quote:I was raised to believe that the entire idea of insurance was to alleviate the cost of unexpected events.  Turns out, even if you have paid for coverage, it still costs to use it.  What the hell is that??

That is the way it has always been with health insurance.
(10-27-2016, 08:21 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You have no idea how the ACA has effected you and your family. Listen to Fred and Breech you big liar.

You're correct.  He has no idea how Obamacare has affected his family.  Neither do you.  Just look at his "real life" example.  He complained about standard insurance and business practices that have went on for decades before Obamacare.  Insurance practices.  Business practices.  Not Obamacare.

And again, and again, and again, and again . . . Trump didn't claim his employees were affected.  He claimed "all" of them had a "tremendous problem" with it.  You know the obvious difference.  Stop pretending like you can't recognize the obvious.
(10-27-2016, 08:24 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Practices that Obamacare was claimed to be going to protect people from..  Ever see the Obama quote about American families can expect to save about $2500 per year?  If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor? etc, etc.

Instead, all that has happened in reality is that the cost per worker is going up, and the number of companies providing insurance is decreasing.

Really?  How was Obamacare supposed to prevent employers from shifting costs to employees?  Like neither you or your wife can afford a family plan, but have to purchase individual policies from different employers.  Or your wife paying more for copays and prescriptions.  There is a pretty good chance you two aren't even in the same network.

[Image: original.jpg]
(10-27-2016, 07:33 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Still not an answer to what Salvation Army employees has to do with Trump..

Well, when you answer the question, you'll figure it out on your own.  At least, you should.  If you can't figure it out on your own let me know.
(10-27-2016, 06:54 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Seriously?

Do "all" the employees of Salvation Army have a "tremendous problem" with Obamacare?

Yes, seriously. The article failed to show how Trump was wrong in that his employees are having a tremendous problem with Obamacare. I, like you, doubt his claim, but the article fails to show how he is wrong.

I do not know how Obamacare has affected ANY of the employees of The Salvation Army. Then again, I'm not in charge of the entire organization. My name is not Donald Salvationarmy. 
[Image: giphy.gif]
(11-01-2016, 12:34 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Yes, seriously. The article failed to show how Trump was wrong in that his employees are having a tremendous problem with Obamacare. I, like you, doubt his claim, but the article fails to show how he is wrong.

I do not know how Obamacare has affected ANY of the employees of The Salvation Army. Then again, I'm not in charge of the entire organization. My name is not Donald Salvationarmy. 

As an employee of the Salvatione Army, do you have a tremendous problem with Obamacare?
(11-01-2016, 12:41 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote:  As an employee of the Salvatione Army, do you have a tremendous problem with Obamacare?

I seriously know very little about my health insurance. I do know that my premiums went up after it went into effect. So, in that sense, I have A problem with Obamacare. But, outside of that, I don't know what other effects, if any, Obamacare has on my insurance thus I cannot honestly say I have a tremendous problem with it.

Mind telling me how this has anything to do with Trump's statements on his employees' feelings towards Obamacare or the article discussing such?
[Image: giphy.gif]