Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump: You should boycott Apple
Well, up until now, I have really been on the fence as to weather I would vote for Donald J. Trump, should he win the Republican Nomination. There are things that I truly appreciate about him. Things like his anti-PC attitude, saying what's actually on his mind, speaking blatantly about sensitive social issues that lately we have all been instructed to "walk softly" around, etc. However, his latest call for people to boycott Apple is just way over the top. To force Apple to not open the phone and give the information, but want them to give government the key to open any phone, is just un-American.

http://techcrunch.com/2016/02/19/donald-trump-weighs-in/
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(02-20-2016, 06:01 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Things like his anti-PC attitude, saying what's actually on his mind, speaking blatantly about sensitive social issues that lately we have all been instructed to "walk softly" around, etc.

This is a bit of a side rant, but I hear people bring this up a lot.  I'm of the mind that Trump can do and say whatever he wants because he is legacy rich and has no accountability, not because he's awesome and/or it's the right thing to do.  I'm just saying that a lot of lazy people who are on welfare or disability can do and say all sorts of rude and offensive things because they don't have to answer to anyone, or face the consequences of their actions.

Anywho, I just wanted to point out that there are a lot of worthless people out there who are anti-PC and go around saying what is on their mind (also known as being a huge arsehole).  I guess I'm biased here, but I've just seen to many of the lowest rungs of society flaunt their offensiveness while people like me have to actually treat people with an amount of dignity in order to make it though life.

Actually, Trump's lack of accountability reminds me of anonymous internet commenting.  Trump/some guy on welfare/someone behind a computer screen can say all sort of un-PC stuff and act like he's just "telling it like it is" and get away with it, but I just find it less admirable than some.  Maybe people desire to live their lives without having to adhere to some sort of societal pressure to not offend people and they figure praising Trump for having the funds to get away with it is sort of vicarious living.

Just something I think is interesting.  Feel free to ignore me...but realize if I ever become super rich or super poor that I'm totally going to offend you!  MWA HA HA!!!
(02-20-2016, 06:29 PM)Nately120 Wrote: This is a bit of a side rant, but I hear people bring this up a lot.  I'm of the mind that Trump can do and say whatever he wants because he is legacy rich and has no accountability, not because he's awesome and/or it's the right thing to do.  I'm just saying that a lot of lazy people who are on welfare or disability can do and say all sorts of rude and offensive things because they don't have to answer to anyone, or face the consequences of their actions.

Anywho, I just wanted to point out that there are a lot of worthless people out there who are anti-PC and go around saying what is on their mind (also known as being a huge arsehole).  I guess I'm biased here, but I've just seen to many of the lowest rungs of society flaunt their offensiveness while people like me have to actually treat people with an amount of dignity in order to make it though life.

Actually, Trump's lack of accountability reminds me of anonymous internet commenting.  Trump/some guy on welfare/someone behind a computer screen can say all sort of un-PC stuff and act like he's just "telling it like it is" and get away with it, but I just find it less admirable than some.  Maybe people desire to live their lives without having to adhere to some sort of societal pressure to not offend people and they figure praising Trump for having the funds to get away with it is sort of vicarious living.

Just something I think is interesting.  Feel free to ignore me...but realize if I ever become super rich or super poor that I'm totally going to offend you!  MWA HA HA!!!
this touches on one of the things that drives me crazy about trump supporters (and apologies for getting ot). Many talk about how his non-PC attitude makes them like them. No. It doesn't. Not unless you're inherited wealthy like him or on food stamps. For most of us, if we ran around talking like he does, we'd be fired. Or our kids would have to change schools. Or, at the very least, you wouldn't be coaching youth league sports any more. Trump has no idea what its like to be working class because he's never had to refrain from throat punching a moron.
I already refuse to buy anything made by crapple.
(02-20-2016, 06:39 PM)Benton Wrote: this touches on one of the things that drives me crazy about trump supporters (and apologies for getting ot). Many talk about how his non-PC attitude makes them like them. No. It doesn't. Not unless you're inherited wealthy like him or on food stamps. For most of us, if we ran around talking like he does, we'd be fired. Or our kids would have to change schools. Or, at the very least, you wouldn't be coaching youth league sports any more. Trump has no idea what its like to be working class because he's never had to refrain from throat punching a moron.

I think the point is that people THINK they like Trump because he isn't "afraid to speak his mind" but it's really more about him being an ass towards people his supporters don't like.  Muslims, illegals, etc.

Show me a Trump supporter who has a kid with down syndrome...MAYBE if Trump says "Hey look at that ******" and then does some sort of offensive impression that supporter would be like "Woah, he's just insulted my disabled son...what a leader!" but more likely that person would stop thinking being a jerk is awesome.  Well, at least for the time being.

Show me someone that applauds people like Trump for being abrasive and lets see how long it takes us to offend him.  Maybe tell him his teen daughter looks like she gives great (insert inappropriate sexual maneuver here), or ask if his wife and/or mother like to (insert more sexual stuff here).  Oh, you're a member of the NRA?  Man, do you know how misinformed and terrified of nothing those people are?  Wow, you dummy!

Oh, you're mother is in hospice care?  I'd better drop by and tell her to GET WELL SOON!!!! HA HA HA HA *nudges guy in ribs* Nah, it's all good, I see you're a white American male. Wow, please try not to rape and/or kill anyone on your way out of here ya violent maniac! HA HA HA!!!! NASCAR fan eh? Boy, how do you balance watching cars drive in a circle with all those MENSA meetings you have to attend? *RIMSHOT*

Anywho, maybe I just like to rub people the wrong way, but I never met a guy who moaned about people getting offended that I couldn't send into a rage by offending him. Geez, I mean...show me someone who HATES people getting offended and start hitting on him and/or telling him his football team totally sucks and see how long he admires you for insulting him.

Bah, this is too easy.
It is entirely inappropriate for a President (or candidate) to call for a boycott of a company. Although slightly better than secretly having the IRS or EPA attack them.
(02-20-2016, 08:31 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: It is entirely inappropriate for a President (or candidate) to call for a boycott of a company.  Although slightly better than secretly having the IRS or EPA attack them.

My true intent of the OP^

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
I think the funniest thing about this was that it was tweeted from an iPhone.

Edit: I was misinformed. There are Tweets in his feed from an iPhone, but that one may not have been from one.
If Kasich, Bush and Carson don't withdraw before Super Tuesday it's possible Trump will have a nearly insurmountable lead/momentum.

When those guys withdraw, I have a feeling Trump runs a consistent third behind Rubio and Cruz. At least, we can all hope. Although I'm really not sure Trump isn't better than Cruz.
No president should be calling for any boycott.... Ever.

Apple shouldn't be giving the gov anything. Besides McAfee already offered to get into the phone without Apple. And if they can do then we know the gov probably can as well.
(02-20-2016, 09:05 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: If Kasich, Bush and Carson don't withdraw before Super Tuesday it's possible Trump will have a nearly insurmountable lead/momentum.

When those guys withdraw, I have a feeling Trump runs a consistent third behind Rubio and Cruz.  At least, we can all hope.  Although I'm really not sure Trump isn't better than Cruz.

I think we will see those dropping out soon.
(02-20-2016, 09:07 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I think we will see those dropping out soon.

Do you think Cruz hurts Trump more, or equally with Rubio?

I think if Rubio were to exit at some point, Cruz would pick-up most of those votes and pull comfortably ahead of Trump.  That's why it's important for the other guys to drop out and Rubio to consolidate those votes, and that would probably put him in the lead.
(02-20-2016, 09:11 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Do you think Cruz hurts Trump more, or equally with Rubio?

I think if Rubio were to exit at some point, Cruz would pick-up most of those votes and pull comfortably ahead of Trump.  That's why it's important for the other guys to drop out and Rubio to consolidate those votes, and that would probably put him in the lead.

I think Carson people go to Cruz. And bush/Kasich voters will go to the establishment Rubio. I don't think Kasich leaves unless he is told he will be a top potential choice for VP or high position. That's the only reason he is running. Once it's down to those 3 Trump will be talking water badly.

Really in a Trump, Cruz, Rubio race that Cruz is the only truly different candidate. Trump and Rubio have a lot in common.
(02-20-2016, 09:22 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Really in a Trump, Cruz, Rubio race that Cruz is the only truly different candidate.    Trump and Rubio have a lot in common.

I don't know that I agree with that.

What I do know is Cruz might be a bigger douche than Trump.
(02-20-2016, 09:28 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: I don't know that I agree with that.

What I do know is Cruz might be a bigger douche than Trump.

Being a douche isn't a big deal for me. I know Cruz is more likely to stick to the constitution than either of those 2. And if we have any hope of a president giving up power to the executive branch and back to congress it will be Cruz over the rest.
(02-20-2016, 09:31 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Being a douche isn't a big deal for me.  

ThumbsUp

(02-20-2016, 09:31 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I know Cruz is more likely to stick to the constitution than either of those 2.   And if we have any hope of a president giving up power to the executive branch and back to congress it will be Cruz over the rest.

You can stop there. None of them will give up any power. And Cruz with a Republican Congress will certainly not suddenly decide to be a moderate.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(02-20-2016, 09:31 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Being a douche isn't a big deal for me.   I know Cruz is more likely to stick to the constitution than either of those 2.   And if we have any hope of a president giving up power to the executive branch and back to congress it will be Cruz over the rest.

Why do you think when Cruz doesn't get his way he won't be flipping Exec Actions and Order left and right?  Obama said the same things as Cruz.

Yeah, Obama has been a failure due to being an uncompromising idealogue.  So let's go with Cruz who will be even worse.

I see a lot of similarities between Cruz and Rubio with Obama.  Difference is Rubio has most of the good hope & change stuff from 2008, Cruz has most of the negatives we've seen the past 7 years.
(02-20-2016, 09:43 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Why do you think when Cruz doesn't get his way he won't be flipping Exec Actions and Order left and right?  Obama said the same things as Cruz.

Yeah, Obama has been a failure due to being an uncompromising idealogue.  So let's go with Cruz who will be even worse.

I see a lot of similarities between Cruz and Rubio with Obama.  Difference is Rubio has most of the good hope & change stuff from 2008, Cruz has most of the negatives we've seen the past 7 years.

Well none of us know for certain.    But Cruz has railed on executive actions and if he pulls that nonsense then I will be back here ripping him.

Rubio will make deals he just won't make the right ones. He is on the wrong side of almost every major issue.

Trump is used to calling the shots and overruling everyone . When congress says no he will be quick to go to Obama executive action land.
But.....but......

[Image: e26081db66d7c3438065be4b17d065ac3efe0528...2532_1.jpg]

Rolleyes
(02-20-2016, 08:47 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: My true intent of the OP^

Excuuuuuse me for not being afraid to say what is on my mind and deviate from the establishment's wishes! Ninja