Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Trump booed at World Series
Can you imagine what that visit to that UFC fight cost the tax payers?
(11-05-2019, 12:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Seems the winning team had a good time at the White House;
https://sports.yahoo.com/kurt-suzuki-after-wearing-maga-hat-to-white-house-everybody-makes-everything-political-040040467.html

Of course it triggered some.

I get triggered every time I see whites and minorities mingling like that.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/us-diplomat-accuses-giuliani-of-lies-campaign-against-envoy-to-ukraine/ar-BBWqti0

Quote: Marie Yovanovitch, the former U.S. ambassador to Ukraine, was abruptly pulled from her post in May. [Deputy assistant secretary of state] Kent said Giuliani conducted a smear campaign against the envoy. "His assertions and allegations against former Ambassador Yovanovitch were without basis, untrue, period," Kent testified.

I find it disturbing when folks simply trying to do their jobs are slurred by Trump and his staff simply because they work(ed) for Trump.

I find it disturbing when folks simply trying to do their jobs are slurred by Trump and his staff simply because they work(ed) for Trump.

I find it disturbing when folks like Vice President Pence’s aid who are simply trying to do their jobs get slurred by Trump simply because they work(ed) for Trump.
(11-18-2019, 10:16 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote:
I find it disturbing when folks like Vice President Pence’s aid who are simply trying to do their jobs get slurred by Trump simply because they work(ed) for Trump.

And no defense from Pence and his staff.

What a bunch of spineless cowards on the right.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(11-19-2019, 01:01 AM)GMDino Wrote: And no defense from Pence and his staff.

What a bunch of spineless cowards on the right.

As has been said many times on here, everyone knew Trump was a conman when he got elected. Voters thought he would change for some reason.
He just became more of a conman with unlimited power, a deadly combination.
If anything good comes out of this hot mess its the fact that Trump unwittingly exposed the majority of Republicans in congress as chicken shit cowards. If that is ok with voters so be it.
(11-04-2019, 12:10 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Yeah, it's disturbing when folks like LTC Vindman who is simply trying to do his job as part of the NSC is slurred by Trump simply because he works for Trump.

Then two weeks after Trump calls LTC Vindman a Never Trumper and threatens to expose more damaging info, Trump claims this . . .

https://www.yahoo.com/news/never-heard-him-donald-trump-192747210.html

Quote: "I don't know Vindman at all," Trump said during a cabinet meeting at the White House. "I never heard of him."

While the White House tweets this . . .

Yeah, it’s disturbing when folks just trying to do their job get their reputation smeared by Trump simply for working for Trump. What’s worse than the Commander in Chief personally attacking a subordinate in the media? The utter and complete lack of integrity needed to lie about it after the fact.
(11-19-2019, 07:58 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote:
Then two weeks after Trump calls LTC Vindman a Never Trumper and threatens to expose more damaging info, Trump claims this . . .

https://www.yahoo.com/news/never-heard-him-donald-trump-192747210.html

While the White House tweets this . . .

Yeah, it’s disturbing when folks just trying to do their job get their reputation smeared by Trump simply for working for Trump. What’s worse than the Commander in Chief personally attacking a subordinate in the media? The utter and complete lack of integrity needed to lie about it after the fact.

Lying is after  all one thing he is bested at.

President Trump has made 13,435 false or misleading claims over 993 days.

https://news.yahoo.com/lou-dobbs-guest-mocks-vindman-030427601.html

Quote:After an impeachment hearing that featured Republicans suggesting National Security Council official Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman was insufficiently loyal to America on Tuesday, Fox Business host Lou Dobbs and former Trump aide Christian Whiton openly mocked the Iraq War veteran for wearing his Army uniform to testify.

During Tuesday night’s broadcast of Lou Dobbs Tonight, Dobbs—who also serves as an informal adviser to the president—groused about Vindman requesting Rep. Devin Nunes (R-CA) properly refer to him by his military rank during the hearing.

“This Colonel Vindman, who insisted for some reason on wanting to be called lieutenant colonel,” the Fox host grumbled. “I have never heard anyone referred to a lieutenant colonel as lieutenant colonel when addressing them verbally but, you know, as he wishes. I mean, he looks like a popinjay, he really does!”

Later in the program, after Dobbs asserted that the American public is already growing bored with the impeachment hearings, Whiton embraced the latest Trumpist strategy of ridiculing a decorated military officer.

“You see Vindman, this bureaucrat who poured himself into an Army outfit to go and frankly speak contemptuous things against the commander-in-chief, incidentally, a violation of the Uniform Code of Military Justice,” Whiton declared.

“If you did that as a private in the Army you would get court-martialed,” the ex-Trump adviser continued. “I guess if you're, you know, a never-Trump bureaucrat Deep State crybaby you get away with it.”

Whiton went on to complain that Vindman wasn’t a “political appointee” of Trump’s, claiming this is the “way the Deep State works” to take down a president.

“They take detailees, not the best from these agencies, often the worst, they stick them into the White House,” he concluded. “It's a practice that frankly should end, and the political appointees, Tim Morrison and [Kurt] Volker aren't mistaking themselves for the president, it's these Deep State bureaucrats that do.”

To summarize, Lou Dobbs called LTC Vindman a "popinjay" for wearing his military uniform.  I wasn't familiar with that term before, but apparently Lou Dobbs feels service members are vain because they wear uniforms.  I'm 99% certain Lou Dobbs' suit cost a helluva lot more than a set of Army dress blues.

Then former political advisor Christian Whiton, or as Donald Trump, Jr. would say "low level partisan bureaucrat and nothing more" opined LTC Vindman was a "never-Trump bureaucrat Deep State crybaby."

It sure is disturbing to see people just doing their job get smeared just for working for Trump.  

It takes a service member's dedication and sacrifice over the course of a long career to attain the level of proficiency through education, training, and operational assignments not to mention the extensive background checks required to assume the level of responsibility of working at the NSC.  And this is the thanks one gets for that service, dedication, and sacrifice from Donald Trump, his family, and the modern Republican party.  Disgraceful.