Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump dismisses findings of U.S. government report on climate change
(01-29-2019, 10:21 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: That would be the Coyote Engine made by Ford and if you were happen to be inclined to drop a Super Charger and Intercooler on that puppy, you would get upwards to 700hp.

As for the discussion, I don't think man is responsible to climate change but man is contributing in my opinion and there is nothing wrong with doing your part in helping the environment.

Of course nothing wrong with man doing his part. I've got those funny light bulbs in my house. The question is: should Government mandate what I do:

#My Truck My choice
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(01-29-2019, 10:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Of course nothing wrong with man doing his part. I've got those funny light bulbs in my house. The question is: should Government mandate what I do:

#My Truck My choice

Despite (another) "clever" abortion joke on your part there is a small difference as abortion is indeed a choice made by one person that does not affect the entire community whereas climate change affects us all.

But I guess the rest of us will still try and save the rest of you from yourselves.  ThumbsUp
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(01-29-2019, 08:37 PM)GMDino Wrote: [Image: 50984088_1893412024104435_84716439298784...e=5CFE8143]

I know this is a stupid question so this is a good place to ask it. Wouldn’t this make it self-correcting?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(01-29-2019, 10:43 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I know this is a stupid question so this is a good place to ask it. Wouldn’t this make it self-correcting?

The comedian's response was not an accurate explanation like the scientist's. It just seems like a chance to mention him getting peed on.

The warmer water causes more polar ice to melt, which causes the temperatures in the north pole and the midlatitudes (where we are) to become closer, reducing the pressure differences and ultimately disrupting the jet stream. The jet stream disrupts and interferes with the polar vortex, splitting it and sending it down south. While we have colder temperatures because of this, the North Pole then gets warmer as a result of the split.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

NOAA's Climate.gov account tweeted this today to explain how warmer ocean temperatures can cause more snowstorms.

What color Prius does everybody have?

(01-30-2019, 12:31 AM)bfine32 Wrote: What color Prius does everybody have?

I wish the hyperbole guy would comment on this line of "reasoning".

Sad
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

I had a White Prius C. Ex-wife kept it and I took the Soul that was paid off. 

Climate change is being driven by human activity. Whether or not the entire population currently drives electric cars, our government should be taking a leadership role in working with other global powers to address this, not tweeting something that a 68 year old with a dog as their profile picture would post in the comments of a Facebook post.

Believing in climate change and its dangers is not about driving a Prius. 
(01-30-2019, 11:26 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I had a White Prius C. Ex-wife kept it and I took the Soul that was paid off. 

Climate change is being driven by human activity. Whether or not the entire population currently drives electric cars, our government should be taking a leadership role in working with other global powers to address this, not tweeting something that a 68 year old with a dog as their profile picture would post in the comments of a Facebook post.

(01-30-2019, 11:34 AM)hollodero Wrote: Believing in climate change and its dangers is not about driving a Prius. 

I can only assume the comment about posting with your dog as your profile picture was a shot at Harley; outside of that I do not see the relevance.

I've never said I don't believe in climate change; I actually shared the example about the fossil fields located just across the river from Louisville. Climate has been changing ever since the earth was created and it changes in other planets where there is absolutely 0 human activity. My question are: Can we use "imperial" scientific data that measures on a finite scale and what are you willing to do as an individual to squeeze a couple more years (regardless what AO-C says. Hey maybe she uses her dog as a profile picture) out of Mother Earth and are you sure it matters.

(01-30-2019, 02:24 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I can only assume the comment about posting with your dog as your profile picture was a shot at Harley; outside of that I do not see the relevance.

No, I'm referring to people on social media who post things as stupid as what Trump tweeted. Many times they're old and have dogs as their profile pictures. The point being someone in a position to make the biggest difference shouldn't be saying such ignorant things and demonstrating an unwillingness to educate themselves.

Quote:I've never said I don't believe in climate change; I actually shared the example about the fossil fields located just across the river from Louisville. Climate has been changing ever since the earth was created and it changes in other planets where there is absolutely 0 human activity. My question are: Can we use "imperial" scientific data that measures on a finite scale and what are you willing to do as an individual to squeeze a couple more years (regardless what AO-C says. Hey maybe she uses her dog as a profile picture) out of Mother Earth and are you sure it matters.

No one doubts that climate change can occur without humans. The current climate change is mostly a result of human activity. Scientists have used empirical data to come to this conclusion. I am willing to do my part in reducing my carbon footprint, but that's drops of water in the sea that we need government leadership to handle. 

(01-30-2019, 02:24 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I've never said I don't believe in climate change; I actually shared the example about the fossil fields located just across the river from Louisville. Climate has been changing ever since the earth was created and it changes in other planets where there is absolutely 0 human activity.

So you just question the human contribution. That's the only thing your example does. Which is everything one means when saying "you don't believe in climate change". That you rrightfully believe the earth had other climates in other ages... that really means nothing for the discussion at hand. You doubt "the version", or the so-called scientific consensus, so to speak.
Right? If I'm wrong, say so.

(01-30-2019, 02:24 PM)bfine32 Wrote: My question are: Can we use "imperial" scientific data that measures on a finite scale

Sure we can.

(01-30-2019, 02:24 PM)bfine32 Wrote: and what are you willing to do as an individual to squeeze a couple more years (regardless what AO-C says. Hey maybe she uses her dog as a profile picture) out of Mother Earth and are you sure it matters.

I'm willing to give my vote to those that want to take appropriate actions, like opening up resources for technological advances and research regarding alternative energy or energy efficiency and more of that. Also, global agreements and some kind of carbon tax to incite climate-friendlier technologies. Because that's reasonable, far mor reasonable as the republican stance with proving how scientists are just greedy or how Al Gore was wrong on something or global wobbling and snowballs in congress and all that idiotic stuff.

And yes, it matters very much. The denial (call it scepticism that just calls for not bothering) of the republican half on CC is one of the few things I really take issue with. Liberals believe in CC? Well, than we say it's a hoax. Good for business, good for those that believe liberals are self-righteous and smug.
At that point, I wonder if Ocazio-Cortez claimed that 2+2 equals 4, all republicans would call that unfounded and a dangerous presumption for the country. People like me, however, don't care what a slightly overwhelmed young congresswoman has to say about it. If I want idiotic, I turn to Dana Rohrabacher.
I'll go there because this is P&R...

I have a hard time understanding how one can believe in religion and not global warming. The standard of "proof" one requires to believe the whole world is overseen by an omnipotent being versus the proof people demand that our emission of a substance that has known and documented adverse effects on the environment may be doing bad things to the planet is mind numbing at times. What made the guy writing thousands of year old scroll or books more believable or trustworthy than scientists? Why couldn't that scroll writing person possibly have had an "agenda"? Could that have been that era's version of "fake news"?

Always just has interested me how people are willing to apply different levels of skepticism to things. Those same people who would get mad at you questioning their belief in religion are often the same ones who would laugh at you and discredit your belief in global warming.