Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump dismisses findings of U.S. government report on climate change
But wouldn't the melting ice caps raise the ocean level and put out the fires in California?

Sounds like a good thing to me.
(11-27-2018, 09:01 PM)hollodero Wrote: Yes. These knowledge places are liberal breeding stations and publicly funding those is clearly a hyperpartisan measure initiated from the Kenyan at heart. Doesn't mean these places necessarily need to be shut down (although Trump totally and rightfully could do that), they still can present their agenda-driven facts and truths. But we also need alternative truths from the other side. America needs a bunch of Trump universities all over the country to finally get both sides equally represented on such and similar matters. Because the truth isn't always the truth. And these places need funding to draw level with all the Soros money these mainstream research facilities recieve to produce the desired results.

Excellent point here. Trump universities, if they could just remain solvent for a few years, might go a long way to countering the influence of liberal professors teaching their version of logic, history, natural and political science, with no alternative facts/truths to challenge them.

Last night on CNN a Republican was insisting that the midterms were a resounding victory for Trump, despite the house losing an unexpected 39 seats to the Democrats. And this makes perfect sense if viewed from the right angle (turned myself around on the couch with my feet up and my head hanging over the edge, so the tv looked upside down) .

I could add that listening to the president himself, what his "gut" tells us, should be front and center to countering scientific lies. You have to be smart to be president. All the pundits predicted he would lose, but he knew something about American voters they didn't. So it follows that he knows something about science that the scientists don't. (Did you know he had an uncle who was a professor at MIT? Trump may have talked to him some times. You won't learn that from the liberal press.)

By the way, I don't know if you can get CNN,  but Rick Santorum--our ex PA Senator--has been doing a great job of defending Trump's stance on climate change. Last night he was pointing out that EVERY prediction by scientists regarding climate has failed to come true.  I know the other commentators were launching into "fact mode" blathering about sea level rise, glacial melt, and rising global temperatures, but Santorum's claims sounded truer, just the way he said them. So confident. Alternative truth. Truthiness.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
What the United States needs to do is educate the people of this country about how conservation saves money rather than saving the earth.

Leave climate change completely out of the equation and say, "Solar Panels will save you this much money per year on your heating and cooling bill plus with the way solar technology is evolving, there will be even more savings."

Another way is to show how economical cars are better on your wallet than these huge SUV's and trucks. Seriously, did you know Ford is only going to make trucks and SUV's now and no cars whatsoever except for the 15 mpg Mustang"

Keep climate change out of the debate and move forward
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
(11-28-2018, 10:47 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: What the United States needs to do is educate the people of this country about how conservation saves money rather than saving the earth.

Leave climate change completely out of the equation and say, "Solar Panels will save you this much money per year on your heating and cooling bill plus with the way solar technology is evolving, there will be even more savings."

Another way is to show how economical cars are better on your wallet than these huge SUV's and trucks. Seriously, did you know Ford is only going to make trucks and SUV's now and no cars whatsoever except for the 15 mpg Mustang"

It's actually something I talk about a lot with folks. I like to focus on environmental policy, clean water being a bit of a pet issue for me. I hunt some, and fish a lot, and so I am a part of the community of sportsmen (and women) in my area. I am, however, one of the few liberals in the group. That doesn't mean there aren't more of us, but the other more liberal ones don't get involved in the community as much because it has been a little hostile to their views.

We have good conversations over coffee at local diners or beer at local watering holes, and they often give me a hard time for my political leanings. But when I talk to them about it I explain how liberal environmental policies will help us keep our lands and waters clean and able to be hunted. Environmental policies focused on conservation will mean that we will have the lands and waters available to hunt and fish for generations to come and taking small efforts at home will help with that. I don't think I've ever gotten any of them to vote Democrat, but most of them have changed the cleaning products they use, they have started using reusable coffee cups and water bottles. Little things like that add up to make a difference.

Most of those guys have a genuine need for trucks, so I can't begrudge them that. I can, however, be unhappy with the industry for not doing more to make the vehicles for efficient and be unhappy with the administration for removing incentives to do so.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
CNN handled it very nicely.  Fact checking in real time.

https://youtu.be/tYSxKMV352s
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(11-28-2018, 10:47 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: What the United States needs to do is educate the people of this country about how conservation saves money rather than saving the earth.

Keep ethics and the future of family and nation out of the picture. Appeal to individual pocket books.

That sounds like it might work in contemporary U.S.A.   Not the part about SUVs, but solar panels. 

The people I know who have SUVs will sacrifice their pocket books right along with the future of humanity before they give up that gas guzzler.
Maybe Trump should listen to Nostradamus A O-C. We've only got 12 years left:

Quote:"Millennials, and Gen Z, and all these folks that come after us, are looking up and we're like, 'The world will end in 12 years if we don't address climate change, and your biggest issue is how are we gonna pay for it?'" she said

Guess who's maxing out his credit cards in 2030. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Jokes aside, I really the world acts on that UN report before it's too late.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(01-22-2019, 11:15 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Jokes aside, I really the world acts on that UN report before it's too late.

Can't when half the elected officials are afraid to lose money over it.
[Image: 50877595_2466237296738034_68214706796117...e=5D007ECE]
(01-29-2019, 03:17 PM)GMDino Wrote: [Image: 50877595_2466237296738034_68214706796117...e=5D007ECE]

Someone responded to that guy's Facebook post by saying "the climate has been changing 4 times a year since I've been alive"...

[Image: Ir71.gif]

(01-29-2019, 06:56 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Someone responded to that guy's Facebook post by saying "the climate has been changing 4 times a year since I've been alive"...

[Image: Ir71.gif]

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c50e0c476356653415bc983] Cool
[Image: 50984088_1893412024104435_84716439298784...e=5CFE8143]
Let's try this:

Of course the climate is changing it has done so every science the earth was created; as well as uninhabited planets. We have a sight right here on the north shore of the Ohio river where we can take kids to study fossils and conditions to show this area was once along the equator.

It's just we are becoming more aware and throwing up more "doomsday" flags such as AO-C. Could man do things and add a couple years to a damn near infinite calendar? Sure. But the question is: what are you willing to pay for it?

Are you willing to walk to work?

Are you willing to go totally solar?

Just like a National Border; it's not required. Each individual can do their own to help.

(01-29-2019, 08:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Let's try this:

Of course the climate is changing it has done so every science the earth was created; as well as uninhabited planets. We have a sight right here on the north shore of the Ohio river where we can take kids to study fossils and conditions to show this area was once along the equator.

It's just we are becoming more aware and throwing up more "doomsday" flags such as AO-C. Could man do things and add a couple years to a damn near infinite calendar? Sure. But the question is: what are you willing to pay for it?

Just like a National Border; it's not required. Each individual can do their own to help.

I am willing to do small things that help as I can afford them as an individual.  I am willing to try and get the government of the richest/best country in the world to try and work and pay toward real changes too.

Anyway:

Let's say we see a tree get struck by lightning and catch fire.  Probably has happened as long as there have been trees.

But this one is happening now, when we can see how it affects the other trees around it and our homes. 

Would you:

a) walk away because it's "natural"
b) try to put out the fire
c) throw gasoline on the fire since anything man does doesn't affect "nature"

Unlike the border climate change IS quickly becoming a nation emergency.   One that conservative don't want to spend money on though.
(01-29-2019, 09:22 PM)GMDino Wrote: I am willing to do small things that help as I can afford them as an individual.  I am willing to try and get the government of the richest/best country in the world to try and work and pay toward real changes too.

Anyway:

Let's say we see a tree get struck by lightning and catch fire.  Probably has happened as long as there have been trees.

But this one is happening now, when we can see how it affects the other trees around it and our homes. 

Would you:

a) walk away because it's "natural"
b) try to put out the fire
c) throw gasoline on the fire since anything man does doesn't affect "nature"

Unlike the border climate change IS quickly becoming a nation emergency.   One that conservative don't want to spend money on though.

I'd most likely try to put out the fire, but who knows.

Maybe the fire was natures's way of reducing parasites that kill droves of trees and animals and clears area to create new growth (aka the circle of life). We just don't know.

I was simply providing an alternate view for those that haven't already made up their minds. 

(01-29-2019, 09:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'd most likely try to put out the fire, but who knows.

Maybe the fire was natures's way of reducing parasites that kill droves of trees and animals and clears area to create new growth (aka the circle of life). We just don't know.

I was simply providing an alternate view for those that haven't already made up their minds. 

"alternate view"?

Ah!  You mean "alternate" to all the scientific testing and knowledge we are constantly gathering!  

Like "the earth is flat" is an "alternate view"!

Brilliant!

Not very helpful...but brilliant!
(01-29-2019, 08:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Let's try this:

The scientific consensus is that humans are contributing to climate change. Individually we can all do our part to help curb this, but it will require global action and leadership to really change anything.

Hopefully whoever is occupying the White House in 2021 won't follow in Trump's footsteps and will actually attempt to educate themselves on the issue. 

(01-29-2019, 09:51 PM)GMDino Wrote: "alternate view"?

Ah!  You mean "alternate" to all the scientific testing and knowledge we are constantly gathering!  

Like "the earth is flat" is an "alternate view"!

Brilliant!

Not very helpful...but brilliant!
Not like that conclusive data at all, unless man can do something to make the earth more round

Hell I want the planet to last as long as possible, , I'm still looking at the Big V8 for the new F150. Is that wrong?

(01-29-2019, 10:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Not like that conclusive data at all, unless man can do something to make the earth more round

Hell I want the planet to last as long as possible, , I'm still looking at the Big V8 for the new F150. Is that wrong?

That would be the Coyote Engine made by Ford and if you were happen to be inclined to drop a Super Charger and Intercooler on that puppy, you would get upwards to 700hp.

As for the discussion, I don't think man is responsible to climate change but man is contributing in my opinion and there is nothing wrong with doing your part in helping the environment.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.