Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump golfing during Hurricane Dorian
But his minions will defend him.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
He cancelled his trip to Poland because he was worried for Mar A Lago and that's it.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

I'm a lot less concerned with him golfing during a hurricane than when he's golfing while we're at war, still having economic uncertainty, while we're looking at cutting retiree funds they've already paid to offset tax cuts, etc.

I mean, the guy really can't do anything about a hurricane. The rest of the stuff, though, he needs to be ditching down time and negotiating some solutions.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(09-02-2019, 02:28 PM)Benton Wrote: I'm a lot less concerned with him golfing during a hurricane than when he's golfing while we're at war, still having economic uncertainty, while we're looking at cutting retiree funds they've already paid to offset tax cuts, etc.

I mean, the guy really can't do anything about a hurricane. The rest of the stuff, though, he needs to be ditching down time and negotiating some solutions.

He can't "do anything" about a lot of that other stuff too because he doesn't understand any of it and won't admit he is wrong.  But when the guy cancels a trip to Poland to "be here for the hurricane" and then goes golfing?  Yeah, then I'll mention him being an moron...
Probably lucky he didn't go to Poland (second tweet):

(09-02-2019, 04:21 PM)GMDino Wrote: He can't "do anything" about a lot of that other stuff too because he doesn't understand any of it and won't admit he is wrong.  But when the guy cancels a trip to Poland to "be here for the hurricane" and then goes golfing?  Yeah, then I'll mention him being an moron...

Mellow
(09-02-2019, 05:27 PM)Benton Wrote: Mellow

Fair enough to point it out too.

More than you'd say about DJT.  Smirk
The best words.

I personally don't care at all about how much Trump golfs.

Obama golfed, Fox News talked about it all the time, liberals scorned/laughed at Fox News for being unable to find anything legitimate to complain about Obama, so they were resorting to silly nonsense.

And then Trump takes office, and liberals do the exact same thing to him?

I get that Trump golfs more than Obama did, but that doesn't make it any less of a non-story.

I'd prefer we criticize the President over legitimate problems, rather than this silly shit. And there are SO MANY legitimate problems, I'm not sure why we'd even waste our thought or breath on something like this.
(09-03-2019, 09:14 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I personally don't care at all about how much Trump golfs.

Obama golfed, Fox News talked about it all the time, liberals scorned/laughed at Fox News for being unable to find anything legitimate to complain about Obama, so they were resorting to silly nonsense.

I get that Trump golfs more than Obama did, but that doesn't make it any less of a non-story.

I'd prefer we criticize the President over legitimate problems, rather than this silly shit. And there are SO MANY legitimate problems, I'm not sure why we'd even waste our thought or breath on something like this.

FOX talked about Obama golfing because they were pushing a "lazy" narrative about him.

While I think DJT is lazier than my grandfather was when he was retired I also think he ran on a platform of "not having time for golf because he would be working so hard".  And in this specific case stayed home from a trip to Poland to "watch the hurricane" and then went golfing instead.  Add in that he pumps money into his own courses with these trips and it is totally a story.
(09-03-2019, 09:40 AM)GMDino Wrote: FOX talked about Obama golfing because they were pushing a "lazy" narrative about him.

While I think DJT is lazier than my grandfather was when he was retired I also think he ran on a platform of "not having time for golf because he would be working so hard".  And in this specific case stayed home from a trip to Poland to "watch the hurricane" and then went golfing instead.  Add in that he pumps money into his own courses with these trips and it is totally a story.

It may have been a story like 2 years ago.

Now, everyone knows that DJT is a lazy liar who doesn't actually want to do the things that a President should do.

I just don't know why the media harps the same things over and over again. We've been hearing about his golf for years now. We get it. The dumb piece of shit golfs a ton, despite saying he wouldn't. There's no "news" here. It's all been reported 100 times over.
(09-03-2019, 09:50 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: It may have been a story like 2 years ago.

Now, everyone knows that DJT is a lazy liar who doesn't actually want to do the things that a President should do.

I just don't know why the media harps the same things over and over again. We've been hearing about his golf for years now. We get it. The dumb piece of shit golfs a ton, despite saying he wouldn't. There's no "news" here. It's all been reported 100 times over.

Lucky I'm not a news report on a news station.

I'm just a citizen who will continually remind Trump supporters they voted for a lazy, lying grifter.

I don't care if that makes them upset.  I don't care if people who already dislike DJT get upset.

Trump's "method" is to keep moving the target.  He has so many bad things going on at once no one can stay focused on the latest thing.  His golfing, during a hurricane, after canceling a trip to Poland to watch the hurricane is a nice little packaged story.
Dems attack Trumps golfing specifically because of how they treated Obama. Not because they really care.

Any pushback to his adds to the political dynamics of Americans holding Dems far more accountable then they do Republicans. For this I applaud any attempt to highlight the things Trump does, that American voters and Conservatives attacked Obama for.

Golfing is just one example of the long list of things Obama was relentlessly attacked for (ie: spending) that Americans turn a blind eye to Trump and Republicans for doing.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
(09-03-2019, 09:14 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I personally don't care at all about how much Trump golfs.

I get your point. However, it's a bit different when someone like Trump explicitly berated his predecessor for his golfing and also explicitly promised he would not do that.
It's also a bit different when a president usually golfs at his own golf course and doubles the fees on said course, because hey, you could run into the president there now! This gives it a bit of a different vibe, this personal benefitting from presidential golfing.
Honestly, this is a big non-story for me. The hurricane is still off our coast so we're in prep mode. Trump golfs a lot and he is a hypocritical, lying, cheating, asshole who doesn't understand government. Not news at all. The DHS is going to be getting prepped right now, and he will be getting briefed, but there is nothing urgent for him to do.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(09-03-2019, 02:09 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Honestly, this is a big non-story for me. The hurricane is still off our coast so we're in prep mode. Trump golfs a lot and he is a hypocritical, lying, cheating, asshole who doesn't understand government. Not news at all. The DHS is going to be getting prepped right now, and he will be getting briefed, but there is nothing urgent for him to do.

He had no idea it was going to stay off the coast when he left to golf.  Heck he warned Alabama so they wouldn't get "hurt".

But, again, there's more than "Trump went golfing again".  
(09-03-2019, 09:58 AM)GMDino Wrote: Lucky I'm not a news report on a news station.

I'm just a citizen who will continually remind Trump supporters they voted for a lazy, lying grifter.

I don't care if that makes them upset.  I don't care if people who already dislike DJT get upset.

Trump's "method" is to keep moving the target.  He has so many bad things going on at once no one can stay focused on the latest thing.  His golfing, during a hurricane, after canceling a trip to Poland to watch the hurricane is a nice little packaged story.

There was a South Park episode a few years ago where Cartman and his girlfriend break up after she realizes he isn't good for her. Rather than comforting or making her feel better, her friends mocked her for ever being with him in the first place. Eventually, this mockery led her to go back to him, because she no longer felt welcomed by her friends.

They posed it as a reference to Trump and his supporters, particularly the supporters who voted for him because he said or did something but are now suffering from him breaking his promises.

I'm all for pointing out his hypocrisy and idiocy. But continually reminding them of the same things over and over again even if it makes them upset won't change their mind. It'll just make them drift further into his grasp.

The phrase "beating a dead horse" is relevant in this case, I think.

I just don't really see the point. The people who agree with you (like myself, for the record) will say "yep, sounds about right."

So if it is beating a dead horse with one side, and a known fact with the other side, what's even the purpose? haha
(09-03-2019, 04:23 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: There was a South Park episode a few years ago where Cartman and his girlfriend break up after she realizes he isn't good for her. Rather than comforting or making her feel better, her friends mocked her for ever being with him in the first place. Eventually, this mockery led her to go back to him, because she no longer felt welcomed by her friends.

They posed it as a reference to Trump and his supporters, particularly the supporters who voted for him because he said or did something but are now suffering from him breaking his promises.

I'm all for pointing out his hypocrisy and idiocy. But continually reminding them of the same things over and over again even if it makes them upset won't change their mind. It'll just make them drift further into his grasp.

The phrase "beating a dead horse" is relevant in this case, I think.

I just don't really see the point. The people who agree with you (like myself, for the record) will say "yep, sounds about right."

So if it is beating a dead horse with one side, and a known fact with the other side, what's even the purpose? haha

So when do we stop?  Report it once and move on?  Twice? 

Never go back to anything because i might make a former supporter go back because they are mad they got duped and are being reminded of it?

I am but one lonely voice in the wind.  What I post is nothing.  Seriously.  I enjoy sharing when DJT makes more of an ass out of himself and his followers for believing him in the first place, but in the end it means nothing on a national level.

I prefer to remind everyone all the time.  But it's also okay to ignore it and just pass by.   Smirk
What is so compelling about golf anyway?
Since the pntigon ain't gonna drop the A Bomb on 'er, Trump took matters into his own hands.

He swung those clubs sooooo hard and hit dat hurrican full of holes with dem tiny balls, it created a mighty wind blowin' dat hurrican back out to sea. Pacos Bill might of rid on a tornady but Trump shewed a hurrican. I bet ol' Trump will riide dat hurrican back across de at lan tic, into da Med, merderter, medateranian and straight into syriup. Yup boy, dat Trump, sher do be a hero.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.