Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ted Cruz and wife harrassed
(10-01-2018, 09:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Nah,  just trying to make your day a little brighter by enabling your believe that it's "false narrative" that the Dems were the policy makers of segregation and the Jim Crow South.  It's also false that the GOP was the party of the civil rights movement. 

Folks are allowed their own opinions; unfortunately, they are not allowed their own facts. 

Actually, no one has said it is a "false narrative" that Dems were the policy makers of segregation and the Jim Crow South.  I have never heard anyone in this forum claim that was not the case.

Also, no one has said it was false that the Republicans were the party of Lincoln or played an important role in supporting civil rights legislation--before 1965.

So the question is, why would you claim others believe this,  thereby creating your own facts, while affirming "folks... are not allowed their own facts"?

Perhaps to avoid talking about where the parties went after 1965? And where they are now?  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-01-2018, 07:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I don't blame you guys, roll with it.

I can see in about 40 years folks will be asking was it really the Democratic party that enslaved the poor by keeping them dependent on the government; there will be a good heated lefty saying; "Yeah, well that was before we traded sides". 

Oh no.  The "Pretend future argument".

No easier way to win a debate than play make believe, right?  No need to look at facts or history.  Instead just depend on "make believe" future where minorities are no longer too stupid to understand what all the conservative white people already know.
(10-02-2018, 03:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Oh no.  The "Pretend future argument".

No easier way to win a debate than play make believe, right?  No need to look at facts or history.  Instead just depend on "make believe" future where minorities are no longer too stupid to understand what all the conservative white people already know.

I think one can merely forecast about the future. Playing make believe would be something like asserting the Dems were not the party of the segregated south? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(10-02-2018, 03:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote:  Playing make believe would be something like asserting the Dems were not the party of the segregated south? 

Good thing no one is asserting that.

BTW what makes you think that minorities will be smarter in 40 years?  If they are all too stupid to understand it now why do you think they will become as smart as you white conservatives in 40 years?
(10-02-2018, 03:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Good thing no one is asserting that.

BTW what makes you think that minorities will be smarter in 40 years?  If they are all too stupid to understand it now why do you think they will become as smart as you white conservatives in 40 years?

You might want to reread some of Dill's and Benton's posts in this thread.

I have hope that mankind will continue to grow in his knowledge; I see no reason minorities will be any different. There's a difference in being smart and being manipulated. My hope is that those enslaved by the government will be able to throw off that yoke. 

(10-02-2018, 03:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote:  My hope is that those enslaved by the government will be able to throw off that yoke. 

But enough about manipulations by the GOP.

Smirk
(10-02-2018, 03:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You might want to reread some of Dill's and Benton's posts in this thread.

They both seem to say that the southern conservatives were democrat at the time of the Civil Rights Movement but have switched to Republican now.  In fact you even agreed with them.

(10-02-2018, 03:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I have hope that mankind will continue to grow in his knowledge; I see no reason minorities will be any different. There's a difference in being smart and being manipulated. My hope is that those enslaved by the government will be able to throw off that yoke. 

Well you see a reason why minorities are not as smart as white conservatives right now, so why not see that same difference in the future?
(10-02-2018, 04:11 PM)Benton Wrote: But enough about manipulations by the GOP.

Smirk

Not the famous rubber/glue retort. You got me.

(10-02-2018, 03:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Good thing no one is asserting that.

Clearly minorities will be smarter in 40 years because the USA is going to be overrun with minorities, thus making all us smart white folk the minority and thus making minorities smarter than....uh....majorities.  Duh.