Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump makes surprise Christmas visit to troops in Iraq in first trip to combat zone
(12-02-2019, 11:37 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I think, and I apologize, Bfine, if I'm getting your point wrong, that his point isn't that Trump should get credit for this.  His point is that he shouldn't be lambasted for it.  You look just as foolish as these mythical "Trump supporters" by attacking the man for "everything" as they do for defending "everything".   

(12-02-2019, 11:47 AM)bfine32 Wrote: No apology required. How some of these folks expect witnesses to view them as rational thinkers is hilarious. Keep in mind: I did not start a separate thread to praise this visit, I shared it in a thread slighting him for an earlier holiday visit. There are times I just like to amuse myself by winding up the same dolls.

Sorry to the BFF club but the post was clearly pushing for "Can't we all just say Trump did something good" because he so rarely does.

I did not attack him for what he did, I said he doesn't get bonus points for doing something he should.

Or when people (not on this board) say he did it without press and fanfare when he had a campaign ad out that day with his visit along with videos of his "speech" and photos.  Not that I expect his supporters to be honest or to expect honesty from DJT...I just find it humorous.  

I mean poor guy someone called him sir and he didn't get any turkey.  Sad

The Trump supporters just get all bent out of shape when that is pointed out when they are trying to "wind up the same dolls" and definitely, positively NOT just trolling.  Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(12-02-2019, 12:22 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I think both sides are approaching this issue exactly the same way. Bfine (And presumably other right wingers) think it's hilarious how lefties can somehow not give him credit for an objectively not controversial thing he has done.

Meanwhile, lefties think it's hilarious how deep down the pile right wingers have to dig to find something even remotely commendable that Trump has done.

Same reaction, different angle. We're either all irrational or this is not a matter of rationality.

Feel free to pick either.

I only disagree because one is based in reality: Trump does so little that is commendable that they have to beg for people to admit it.

No one said he did a bad thing by going, just that given the totality of his past performance we can realistically question his motives and those of his supporters who jump up every time he does something CLOSE to normal.
If you're surprised that liberals don't feel the need to applaud Trump when he does something good once every 6 months, you are starting to know how people feel when Conservatives don't feel the need to condemn Trump when he does something awful once every week.

We've seen this show plenty of times in three years.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
BmorePat87 Wrote:If you're surprised that liberals don't feel the need to applaud Trump when he does something good once every 6 months, you are starting to know how people feel when Conservatives don't feel the need to condemn Trump when he does something awful once every week.

We've seen this show plenty of times in three years.

No doubt there are irrational people on both sides. I tend to condemn what I dislike and praise what I do. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(12-02-2019, 12:25 PM)GMDino Wrote: Sorry to the BFF club but the post was clearly pushing for "Can't we all just say Trump did something good" because he so rarely does.

Two things.  I was only clarifying his point and you making this statement is the height of absurdity.
(12-02-2019, 12:25 PM)GMDino Wrote: Sorry to the BFF club but the post was clearly pushing for "Can't we all just say Trump did something good" because he so rarely does.

I did not attack him for what he did, I said he doesn't get bonus points for doing something he should.

Or when people (not on this board) say he did it without press and fanfare when he had a campaign ad out that day with his visit along with videos of his "speech" and photos.  Not that I expect his supporters to be honest or to expect honesty from DJT...I just find it humorous.  

I mean poor guy someone called him sir and he didn't get any turkey.  Sad

The Trump supporters just get all bent out of shape when that is pointed out when they are trying to "wind up the same dolls" and definitely, positively NOT just trolling.  Smirk

Where did I say you attacked him in the post you quoted? 

(12-02-2019, 03:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Where did I say you attacked him in the post you quoted? 

I substituted "attacked" for "lambasted" in the SSF quote.
(12-02-2019, 03:51 PM)GMDino Wrote: I substituted "attacked" for "lambasted" in the SSF quote.

I guess you threw me off when you bolded my slighted post. You're a tricky one. 

BREAKING NEWS: In a rare move, President Trump lifts toilet seat instead of pissing all over it this morning. GOP demands he be applauded for it. Trump defenders accuse Democrats of finding fault with everything the President does when they don’t give him a standing ovation.
Its my understanding that Trump went to visit the troops out of his own volition to raise the moral of our fighting men and women. Just like all this mess with the Ukraine was only about his deep concern about corruption going on in that country.

[Image: 3f50qgimh0zn3ls5g.jpg]