Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump mocks Elizabeth Warren’s heritage AND #metoo
You supporters must be SO proud of this "man".  ThumbsUp

https://www.vox.com/2018/7/5/17538820/trump-elizabeth-warren-metoo-montana-rally

Quote:Trump, in another now-familiar attack on the media, claimed reporters wouldn’t want to cover other prospective presidential candidates besides him — such as Warren, though he referred to her with his derogatory nickname “Pocahontas.”

“Let’s say I’m debating Pocahontas, right? I promise you I’ll do this, you know those little kits they sell on television for $2: ‘Learn your heritage,” Trump bragged to the crowd, saying if Warren brought up her Native American heritage, he would respond by pulling out one of “those little kits.”

“We will take that little kit and say — but we have to do it gently, because we’re in the #MeToo generation, so have to be very gentle,” Trump said to laughter. “And we will very gently take that kit and we will slowly toss it — hoping it doesn’t hit her and injure her arm — even though it only weighs probably 2 ounces. We will say, ‘I will give you a million dollars to your favorite charity, paid for by Trump, if you take the test and it shows you’re an Indian.’”
[/url]
[Image: ltAg_atjyf-JHTIO?format=jpg&name=small]

Quote:[Image: omWV1cZs_normal.jpg]
Kyle Griffin

@kylegriffin1

Trump, while calling Elizabeth Warren 'Pocahontas' again, says: "We're in the 'Me Too' generation, so we have to be very gentle." (via Fox)
7:30 PM - Jul 5, 2018

• [url=https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1015015048480284673]1,554 people are talking about this

There's more at the link.

Just to break that bit down though:

1) He obsess over everyone else...while claiming all the press cares about is him.
2) He has as much idea of how much those DNA kits cost as he does insurance.
3) He's never paid any of his own money to a charity.
4) He literally doesn't understand the #metoo movement.

But I know he supporters will be here to defend him....
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
#milliondollarheritagechallenge
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
My 5 times grandfather on my mothers side was an actual Cherokee Indian Chief in Texas during the Cherokee/American war and he had a Scotish father.

That's pretty cool.

EDIT: I don't know why I did it like that but it is my 7 times grandfather not 5.
This type of rhetoric is below the office of POTUS. Unfortunately, in the new reality, it garners support.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(07-05-2018, 11:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This type of rhetoric is below the office of POTUS. Unfortunately, in the new reality, it garners support.

Indeed it does.  And people keep supporting him in spite of it.  Whatever
My great grandmother was Cherokee. If I take the test, will Trump give me $1 million?

:drool:
(07-06-2018, 09:17 AM)GMDino Wrote: Indeed it does.  And people keep supporting him in spite of it.  Whatever

But at least they deny supporting him.  Does that count for anything?

Just like before the election they were embarrassed to admit they were going to vote for him.
(07-06-2018, 10:44 AM)Benton Wrote: My great grandmother was Cherokee. If I take the test, will Trump give me $1 million?

:drool:

Slightly offtopic I did indeed take a DNA test.  My dad's side of the family came through Canada and old pictures show people with Native American Features from the early to mid 1800's.

No one ever said we had any native blood or a heritage but there was always those pictures which seemed out of place with the rest of the family history.

Nothing at all in the test though.
(07-05-2018, 11:15 PM)GMDino Wrote: You supporters must be SO proud of this "man".  ThumbsUp

https://www.vox.com/2018/7/5/17538820/trump-elizabeth-warren-metoo-montana-rally

Wow! You hypocrites! Has everyone forgotten how Hillary used to recite the snake poem!?!?

Er wait, I forgot. That was Trump too.  Nevermind.
Truth is people like stuff. I can't figure out why. Most of us wouldn't even befriend an egotistical, insecure, twitter troll like Trump. Yet people think this is Presidential. But like I say imagine if it was Obama. Can't trust Trump supporters. I keep telling you. They are an empty vessel.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Can you mock someone's heritage if it isn't their heritage? Now he definitely mocked her, which I am against. I really think Presidents should refrain from talking about anyone in a negative personal way.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

So far nothing about his slap at #metoo?

Guess his supporters must agree with him?
More from the "man" you continue to defend.

http://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-mccain-bush-dying-1010966

Quote:DONALD TRUMP MOCKED BOTH JOHN MCCAIN, WHO IS DYING, AND GEORGE H.W. BUSH, WHO JUST LOST HIS WIFE, AT MONTANA RALLY

President Donald Trump again faces heavy criticism for his comments at a campaign rally Thursday night about cancer-stricken U.S. Senator John McCain and former President George H.W. Bush, who recently lost his wife of 73 years, Barbara.

Before thousands at the Montana rally, Trump did not mention either leader by name but chided McCain for his vote against the president’s repeal-and-replace measure for Obamacare last year.

Trump also bashed a common campaign slogan of Bush’s, a “thousand points of light,” which was a call for volunteerism and symbolized diversity around the country. The current commander-in-chief said he never understood the phrase.

"Thousand points of light," Trump said. "What does that mean? I know one thing: Make America Great Again we understand. Putting America first we understand. Thousand points of light, I never quite got that one. What the hell is that?
Has anyone ever figured that one out? It was put out by a Republican wasn't it.”

McCain announced he had been diagnosed with brain cancer a year ago, and he famously shot down the Obamacare repeal on the Senate floor despite his life-threatening disease.

Trump’s barely veiled bashing of McCain was not new, but taking on the elder, 94-year-old Bush represented a new attack.
A former press secretary for George W. Bush, Ari Fleischer, who has often defended Trump from the media and other critics, said the comments were “rude.”

“This is so uncalled for. Going after a 94-year-old, former President’s promotion of volunteerism. I don’t mind potus being a fighter. I do mind him being rude,” Fleischer wrote.

Quote:[Image: du26VX8P_normal.jpg]
[/url]Ari Fleischer

@AriFleischer

This is so uncalled for. Going after a 94-year-old, former President’s promotion of volunteerism. I don’t mind potus being a fighter. I do mind him being rude.
Jeff Zeleny

@jeffzeleny

In Montana, Trump takes a strange swipe at @GeorgeHWBush: “Thousand points of light. What does that mean? I know one thing. Make America Great Again we understand. Putting America first we understand. Thousand points of light, I never quite got that one. What the hell is that?”

8:44 PM - Jul 5, 2018

• [url=https://twitter.com/AriFleischer/status/1015033630056501248]7,870 people are talking about this

Twitter Ads info and privacy

The elder Bush lost his wife Barbara in April, and President Trump did not attend the funeral service, unlike past presidents Barack Obama and Bill Clinton. The first lady, Melania Trump, did attend.

Trump also used his bully pulpit to deride Senator Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts and again refer to her as “Pocahontas,” while suggesting a DNA test be conducted to prove her heritage.

The Bushes have previously criticized Trump. In a book released in November, the elder Bush labeled Trump a “blowhard” and said he had voted for Democrat Hillary Clinton. The younger Bush said he voted for “none of the above”

“I don’t like him,” George H.W. Bush said in an interview for the book. “I don’t know much about him, but I know he’s a blowhard. And I’m not too excited about him being a leader."

President Thinskin strikes again.
(07-06-2018, 04:24 PM)GMDino Wrote: So far nothing about his slap at #metoo?

Guess his supporters must agree with him?

I guess his detractors must as well as I see nothing from anyone about it.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(07-06-2018, 04:41 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I guess his detractors must as well as I see nothing from anyone about it.

It was in the OP.  Clearly.

But all the responses were about Warren.

Sad.
(07-06-2018, 04:43 PM)GMDino Wrote: It was in the OP.  Clearly.

But all the responses were about Warren.

Sad.

Yes ALL the  responses which is what I was referring to.  Clearly.

(07-06-2018, 04:44 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Yes ALL the  responses which is what I was referring to.  Clearly.

So, since your response was simply to my bringing it up, what do you think about his mocking the #metoo generation?
(07-06-2018, 04:46 PM)GMDino Wrote: So, since your response was simply to my bringing it up, what do you think about his mocking the #metoo generation?

Are you like pissed that everyone who answered was against him, so you had to object that they only defended Warren?  a known sweetheart of the right.

I don't even know what he said about metoo.  I read your title as I'm guessing most others did.

(07-06-2018, 04:48 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Are you like pissed that everyone who answered was against him, so you had to object that they only defended Warren?  a known sweetheart of the right.

I don't even know what he said about metoo.  I read your title as I'm guessing most others did.

Mellow

In the OP:

Quote:“We will take that little kit and say — but we have to do it gently, because we’re in the #MeToo generation, so have to be very gentle,” Trump said to laughter. “And we will very gently take that kit and we will slowly toss it — hoping it doesn’t hit her and injure her arm — even though it only weighs probably 2 ounces. We will say, ‘I will give you a million dollars to your favorite charity, paid for by Trump, if you take the test and it shows you’re an Indian.’”

There's a video clip.

I just know the moral guides of the board like to say how much they defend women when they are shamed or attacked and yet...*crickets** about this.

I'm not surprised....but I'm not afraid to point it out either.   Smirk
(07-06-2018, 04:51 PM)GMDino Wrote: Mellow

In the OP:

There's a video clip.

I just know the moral guides of the board like to say how much they defend women when they are shamed or attacked and yet...*crickets** about this.

I'm not surprised....but I'm not afraid to point it out either.   Smirk

There is much courage in you. Yes lots of crickets.  As in nobody on this board responded about metoo..  Why are you only taking a few to task?