Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump mocks Elizabeth Warren’s heritage AND #metoo
Trump attacked everyone but praised Putin. Go figure.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
(07-06-2018, 04:53 PM)michaelsean Wrote: There is much courage in you. Yes lots of crickets.  As in nobody on this board responded about metoo..  Why are you only taking a few to task?

Well the people who already acknowledge what kind of "man" Trump is have spoken against it before.  There there are those who claim they speak out when he does such things...but never seem to show up when he does.

They're like the girl who absolutely has a a boyfriend!  And they kissed and everything...but he's not from around here.  He goes to a different school.  Smirk

When given the opportunity to agree on some (more) mocking the POTUS has done they disappear.  Only to show up elsewhere and say how they do NOT always defend Trump.

So, I'm pointing it out.  

If you must know I'm not only doing it here.  My GOP "friends" elsewhere refuse to say anything about his words on Warren, metoon, McCain, Bush, etc...

But they also use to say that Obama always seemed like he was running for office with his "rallies"....and have no problem with what Trump does.

It's called hypocrisy and I do enjoy talking about it.   Cool
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(07-06-2018, 04:59 PM)jj22 Wrote: Trump attacked everyone but praised Putin. Go figure.

And his little minions eat it up!

Hilarious
(07-06-2018, 05:00 PM)GMDino Wrote: Well the people who already acknowledge what kind of "man" Trump is have spoken against it before.  There there are those who claim they speak out when he does such things...but never seem to show up when he does.

To his credit, Bfine has condemned Trump's mock of Warren.
(07-06-2018, 03:52 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Can you mock someone's heritage if it isn't their heritage?  Now he definitely mocked her, which I am against.  I really think Presidents should refrain from talking about anyone   in a negative personal way.

You can mock the heritage, for sure.  E.g. if someone claimed to be  black, but wasn't clearly black, and Trump nicknamed him "Jim Crow." 

Calling a woman who claims Native American ancestry "Pocahontas" is not really much different than calling a 100% full blooded Native American that name--since Trump is deploying racial stereotypes to call people names. 

This is gutter-level behavior, cheered on by Trump's base.
Figured this would be as good of a place to put this as any:

https://cw39.com/2018/08/20/asia-argento-leading-voice-of-me-too-movement-accused-of-sexually-assaulting-young-man/

Quote:The tables have turned on one of the founders of the Me Too movement. Italian actress and director Asia Argento is now embroiled in a sex scandal of her own. The 42-year-old allegedly assaulted former child actor Jimmy Bennett when he was 17 and she was 37.

Argento was among the first in the biz to bring down Harvey Weinstein by publicly accusing the movie mogul. She says he raped her when she was 21 and the harassment continued for years.

But in the months following her revelations about Weinstein, according to the New York Times, Argento quietly arranged to pay off her own accuser to the tune of $380,000

If I laugh at this am I "mocking" the me too movement?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(08-20-2018, 08:27 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Figured this would be as good of a place to put this as any:

https://cw39.com/2018/08/20/asia-argento-leading-voice-of-me-too-movement-accused-of-sexually-assaulting-young-man/

Why would you laugh about sexual misconduct?
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(08-20-2018, 08:31 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Why would you laugh about sexual misconduct?

Alleged misconduct and I wouldn't; I'd laugh at the irony. 

(08-20-2018, 08:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Alleged misconduct and I wouldn't; I'd laugh at the irony. 

It would still be laughing at the expense of a victim. Just not my cup of tea.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(08-20-2018, 08:56 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: It would still be laughing at the expense of a victim. Just not my cup of tea.

Who is the victim; the woman that abused the child? Because that's the one I'd be laughing at. Accusing someone of the exact same thing you are doing is just not my cup of tea. And if true this female deserves the ridicule coming her way (of course not from you) for molesting this child. 

(08-20-2018, 09:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Who is the victim; the woman that abused the child? Because that's the one I'd be laughing at. Accusing someone of the exact same thing you are doing is just not my cup of tea. And if true this female deserves the ridicule coming her way (of course not from you) for molesting this child. 

The question would be, what does pointing out the irony in this sad story really achieve. What's the point? Laughing about potential double standards of one of the many accusers helps the issue in what way?
(08-20-2018, 09:05 PM)hollodero Wrote: The question would be, what does pointing out the irony in this sad story really achieve. What's the point? Laughing about potential double standards of one of the many accusers helps the issue in what way?

It’s just us getting some payback after the far right wing Weinstein got taken down. LOL
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(08-20-2018, 09:05 PM)hollodero Wrote: The question would be, what does pointing out the irony in this sad story really achieve. What's the point? Laughing about potential double standards of one of the many accusers helps the issue in what way?

The point would be to ridicule a hypocrite who gained notoriety by accusing someone of acts she was participating in.  Everything doesn't have to be aimed at curing cancer. You guys do realize a laugh is a expression of human emotion and it's not always one of joy?  I get the feigning insolence that someone would laugh at this, but yeah, I would laugh at this predator; as I would laugh at Weinstein. 

(08-20-2018, 09:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Who is the victim; the woman that abused the child? Because that's the one I'd be laughing at. Accusing someone of the exact same thing you are doing is just not my cup of tea. And if true this female deserves the ridicule coming her way (of course not from you) for molesting this child. 

I was referring to Jimmy Bennett as the victim. The irony you laugh at occurs at the expense of the victim.

(08-20-2018, 09:14 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I was referring to Jimmy Bennett as the victim. The irony you laugh at occurs at the expense of the victim.

There is no "at the expense of Bennett". My laughing at/mocking this predator does not hurt Bennet in any way. 

(08-20-2018, 09:11 PM)michaelsean Wrote: It’s just us getting some payback after the far right wing Weinstein got taken down.  LOL

I remember the day dude started the thread in this forum about the white middle-aged, right-winger that was accused of these acts. It was amusing, but we probably should have ridiculed it because it came at the expense of......

(08-20-2018, 08:27 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Figured this would be as good of a place to put this as any:

Probably.  

But if it helps you to defend all the other people you think were unfairly accused to "laugh" at some "allegedly" involved it you just go on being you.

Reminds me of an old adage about people living in glass houses versus throwing stones.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(08-20-2018, 09:17 PM)bfine32 Wrote: There is no "at the expense of Bennett". My laughing at/mocking this predator does not hurt Bennet in any way. 

Tell yourself whatever you like to justify your actions.

(08-20-2018, 10:34 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Reminds me of an old adage about people living in glass houses versus throwing stones.

Reminds me of people who use one allegation/situation to try and prove an entire movement was bad or false...then claim that's "not what they said".   Mellow