Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Trump's red line in the sand
Here we are.

Let's see how he back down from this one too.

Add this to the times Cadet Bonespurs* has made threats hiding behind his keyboard.

*I generally hate using such nick-names but when DJT acts "tough" on Twitter it seems important to remember he had a chance to serve and fight and hid.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Sorry, didn't realize he already backed down.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/19/politics/trump-iran-threat-tweet/index.html

Quote:But Trump took a seemingly more subdued tone in an interview with Fox News that aired Sunday evening.

"I just don't want them to have nuclear weapons, and they can't be threatening us. And with all of everything that's going on, and I'm not one that believes -- you know, I'm not somebody that wants to go into war, because war hurts economies, war kills people most importantly -- by far most importantly," he said.

"I don't want to fight. But you do have situations like Iran, you can't let them have nuclear weapons -- you just can't let that happen," he said.

Glad he remembered that people die in wars and it doesn't just hurt his money.   Mellow
(05-20-2019, 02:18 PM)GMDino Wrote: Sorry, didn't realize he already backed down.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/19/politics/trump-iran-threat-tweet/index.html

Glad he remembered that people die in wars and it doesn't just hurt his money.   Mellow

The real danger here is that the massive presence and aggressive moves in the Gulf trigger an "incident" which requires a "reponse," in an environment where SA and Israel may feel the US will have their back, whatever they do.

Trump has created a situation in which conflict is very likely and it will be hard for someone like him to back down.

And remember, most of the "adults" in his FP staff have quit or been pushed out.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
good thing we backed out of JCPOA

lots of people are going to have blood on their hands when this goes south.
Sigh....I remember when Obama drew a line in the sand, and no one cared..........
--------------------------------------------------------

Even though the economy is the greatest its ever been in history, unemployment is the lowest it has ever been in history and the POTUS
has been completely exonerated of any wrong doing in the Mueller report, his popularity and poll numbers aren't as high as he would like.
Wouldn't starting a war and kicking some country's butt increase his popularity? It worked for other presidents.
(05-22-2019, 05:11 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Sigh....I remember when Obama drew a line in the sand, and no one cared..........

I remember when the GOP made a big deal about everything Obama did.  And deficits.  And laws.

But whataboutism aside...will anyone hold DJT to the fire when he backs down...again?
(05-22-2019, 05:11 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Sigh....I remember when Obama drew a line in the sand, and no one cared..........

And I remember quite a few cared, since Obama sought Congressional approval for a Syrian strike before acting.

Mitch McConnell, Rand Paul, Marco Rubio, Orrin Hatch, and Jason Chaffetz loudly opposed any Syrian strike. Rep. Ted Poe of Texas introduced a  house bill to prohibit any funds for an attack on Syria.

Top Republicans who opposed Syria attack under Obama are now praising Trump's strike
https://www.cnn.com/2017/04/07/politics/kfile-top-republicans-syria-trump/index.html

Then with the aid of Russia, France, and UN, Obama got all the chemical stockpiles out of Syria.

Apparently Assad and Putin also cared LOL.
(05-22-2019, 06:24 AM)BakertheBeast Wrote: Even though the economy is the greatest its ever been in history, unemployment is the lowest it has ever been in history and the POTUS
has been completely exonerated of any wrong doing in the Mueller report, his popularity and poll numbers aren't as high as he would like.
Wouldn't starting a war and kicking some country's butt increase his popularity? It worked for other presidents.

I can see that. Like Bush's Iraq War.

Pushed by some of the same people. But BIGGER. Regional. More expensive. More bodies. Longer.

[Image: image4061139x.jpg]
(05-22-2019, 08:36 AM)GMDino Wrote: I remember when the GOP made a big deal about everything Obama did.  And deficits.  And laws.

But whataboutism aside...will anyone hold DJT to the fire when he backs down...again?

It's a win-win for you Dino. Either Trump looks like and idiot or we go to war. Bonus points if it turns out to be both.  Mellow
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
(05-22-2019, 09:29 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote: It's a win-win for you Dino. Either Trump looks like and idiot or we go to war. Bonus points if it turns out to be both.  Mellow

I'm not sure any POTUS in history has been criticized more by people who actually agree with his decisions and applauded by those that do not. To some the act is nothing it's all about the actor. It's a sad state we currently live in. 

I've got the next winning campaign slogan: Make the States United Again
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(05-22-2019, 09:38 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm not sure any POTUS in history has been criticized more by people who actually agree with his decisions and applauded by those that do not. To some the act is nothing it's all about the actor. It's a sad state we currently live in. 

I've got the next winning campaign slogan: Make the States United Again

Who agrees with the POTUS for pulling out of the Iran Deal?  You agrees with his complete lack of consistency in dealing with Iran since then?

He's a pathological liar, and egomaniac and someone who refuses to even read his daily briefings.

Yeah...he gets criticized for it.

I don't war.  Never did.  Never do.

I also don't want Trump bumbling his way into one by not paying attention to what his "best people" are doing until it's too late.

I am sure that no POTUS has been supported and shielded by more people who claim to not support him.  
(05-22-2019, 09:38 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm not sure any POTUS in history has been criticized more by people who actually agree with his decisions and applauded by those that do not. To some the act is nothing it's all about the actor. It's a sad state we currently live in.

I'm not sure any POTUS in history has been more criticized for actions deserving of criticism, and applauded by those who don't care.

To some his actions are nothing; its all about the critics of his actions.
(05-22-2019, 09:58 AM)GMDino Wrote: Who agrees with the POTUS for pulling out of the Iran Deal? 
[Image: ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fassets.nydailynews.com%2...81.jpg&f=1]

Stifle all that Trump hate, Dino.  Trump has always been Trump: there's your consistency.

We can take on Iran just fine.  

And if they keep putting their defenses on alert every time we sail our Navy into their Gulf, they'll certainly push us to war.
(05-22-2019, 09:58 AM)GMDino Wrote: Who agrees with the POTUS for pulling out of the Iran Deal?  You agrees with his complete lack of consistency in dealing with Iran since then?

He's a pathological liar, and egomaniac and someone who refuses to even read his daily briefings.

Yeah...he gets criticized for it.

I don't war.  Never did.  Never do.

I also don't want Trump bumbling his way into one by not paying attention to what his "best people" are doing until it's too late.

I am sure that no POTUS has been supported and shielded by more people who claim to not support him.  

(05-22-2019, 10:00 AM)Dill Wrote: I'm not sure any POTUS in history has been more criticized for actions deserving of criticism, and applauded by those who don't care.

To some his actions are nothing; its all about the critics of his actions.

Yeah, I said he's been applauded by those that do not. I have 0 idea how that was a defense of Trump. but I've learned in this forum it doesn't take much. Some folk's ability to only see one side of the coin is amazing.  

(05-22-2019, 10:19 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Yeah, I said he's been applauded by those that do not. I have 0 idea how that was a defense of Trump. but I've learned in this forum it doesn't take much. Some folk's ability to only see one side of the coin is amazing.  

[Image: pot-kettle.jpg]
(05-22-2019, 10:29 AM)GMDino Wrote: [Image: pot-kettle.jpg]

Bfine certainly deserves his share of criticism, but he is far less guilty of what you're alluding to than you are.  Maybe take a look at that guy in the mirror and ask him if he wants to be the change he desires in others?
(05-22-2019, 10:19 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Yeah, I said he's been applauded by those that do not. I have 0 idea how that was a defense of Trump. but I've learned in this forum it doesn't take much. Some folk's ability to only see one side of the coin is amazing.  

LOL

(05-22-2019, 09:38 AM)bfine32 Wrote: To some the act is nothing it's all about the actor.
(05-22-2019, 11:03 AM)Dill Wrote: LOL

Sure, there are those that like Trump simply because he's Trump. Not sure why you find that to be LOL worthy. 

Trump really is the definition of a keyboard tough guy haha.