Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump shares video of "great people" yelling "white power" at pro Trump parade
https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/28/politics/trump-tweet-supporters-man-chants-white-power/index.html

In a tweet he has since deleted, Trump shared a video of a pro Trump parade at a retirement community saying "Thank you to the great people of The Villages. The Radical Left Do Nothing Democrats will Fall in the Fall. Corrupt Joe is shot. See you soon!!"

The video includes a number of people in golf carts yelling at counter protestors, including a man who yells "white power" twice at them.

The White House responded by saying "President Trump is a big fan of the Villages. He did not hear the one statement made on the video. What he did see was tremendous enthusiasm from his many supporters,"

The video clearly shows a man in front of the camera yelling "white power" twice. The audio is clear and loud. A counter protestor then responds by noting that the man just said "white power".

Tim Scott blasted the tweet calling for it to be taken down while John Bolton suggested that Trump probably never watched it and just shared it because he saw a "Trump 2020" sign.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
How anyone who espouses the virtues of goodness, decency and morality could continue to support or defend this man is hard to fathom. I'm not sure how one can rationally and reasonably reconcile these things.
(06-28-2020, 03:36 PM)Lucidus Wrote: How anyone who espouses the virtues of goodness, decency and morality could continue to support or defend this man is hard to fathom. I'm not sure how one can rationally and reasonably reconcile these things.

Those were my thoughts 5 years ago.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Better delete this thread because snowflake Trump supporters are sick of being called racist by us lazy and uninformed liberals.
(06-28-2020, 03:59 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Better delete this thread because snowflake Trump supporters are sick of being called racist by us lazy and uninformed liberals.

I would sincerely like to hear from any Trump supporter in this forum who fancies themselves a moral being, as to how they can square that with their support of this President, who is blatantly and flagrantly immoral. 
(06-28-2020, 04:08 PM)Lucidus Wrote: I would sincerely like to hear from any Trump supporter in this forum who fancies themselves a moral being, as to how they can square that with their support of this President, who is blatantly and flagrantly immoral. 

He didn't know

He took it down 

Why aren't you mad when people yell black power?

A few bad apples don't spoil the white race
Tim Scott may be the only genuine person in congress. Good on him.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(06-28-2020, 03:36 PM)Lucidus Wrote: How anyone who espouses the virtues of goodness, decency and morality could continue to support or defend this man is hard to fathom. I'm not sure how one can rationally and reasonably reconcile these things.
(06-28-2020, 04:08 PM)Lucidus Wrote: I would sincerely like to hear from any Trump supporter in this forum who fancies themselves a moral being, as to how they can square that with their support of this President, who is blatantly and flagrantly immoral.

Doubtful anyone will come forward.  So I will stand in for at least one fraction of Trump's core.

I just saw Ralph Reed discussing his new book For God and Country: The Christian Case for Trump on C-span.

I thought his presentation was fairly cogent. He laid out the primary points that Evangelicals want to see from a US president--the end of Roe v Wade, conservative judges to counter "activist judges," defense of Christianity, and support and protection of Israel.

In addition Trump had attended important national Evangelical events and included them in his administration and policy consideration to a greater extent than any other president, even W.

He added that for Evangelical citizens God is "sovereign", which may mean his more tribal version of Christianity trumps secularism in US government and cosmopolitan/internationalist tolerance of other religions. One disturbing aspect of this was the implication, which Reed drew out, that whomever was placed in world leadership positions was there by providence, part of a plan. When a leader like Trump ascends the stage, doing God's work, then our job is to support and work with him, help him get that done. This need trumps Trump's bad behavior, which for Reed is only so much background noise, amplified by the liberal press.

Then he argued convincingly that Trump has done all he could conceivably to meet the Evangelical's goals, especially stacking the courts with conservative judges.

I came away thinking that if, for you, God is sovereign, and ending abortion is a PRIMARY goal, followed by protection of Israel, then Trump has indeed performed well.

Reed showed no interest in managing Trade with the Far East and tensions with China/NK, no interest in stabilizing the Middle East or preserving NATO or advancing civil/voting rights, fighting the Coronovirus. Also no interest creating jobs or working out of recession. No interest in immigration problems, families stuck in border camps, children separated from parents. I can imagine the blank and unconcerned stare he would give me if I explained how trashing the Iran Deal hurt US credibility and made Israel less safe. Israel is going to be the site of a great international battle anyway.

Through the entire presentation, Reed clearly presented himself and Evangelicals as people rationally motivated by virtues of goodness, decency and morality.
(06-28-2020, 04:23 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Tim Scott may be the only genuine person in congress. Good on him.

Mellow

Weaksauce from Scott but at least he said SOMETHING so, yay?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
(06-28-2020, 04:38 PM)Dill Wrote: Doubtful anyone will come forward.  So I will stand in for at least one fraction of Trump's core.

I just saw Ralph Reed discussing his new book For God and Country: The Christian Case for Trump on C-span.

I thought his presentation was fairly cogent. He laid out the primary points that Evangelicals want to see from a US president--the end of Roe v Wade, conservative judges to counter "activist judges," defense of Christianity, and support and protection of Israel.

In addition Trump had attended important national Evangelical events and included them in his administration and policy consideration to a greater extent than any other president, even W.

He added that for Evangelical citizens God is "sovereign", which may mean his more tribal version of Christianity trumps secularism in US government and cosmopolitan/internationalist tolerance of other religions. One disturbing aspect of this was the implication, which Reed drew out, that whomever was placed in world leadership positions was there by providence, part of a plan. When a leader like Trump ascends the stage, doing God's work, then our job is to support and work with him, help him get that done. This need trumps Trump's bad behavior, which for Reed is only so much background noise, amplified by the liberal press.

Then he argued convincingly that Trump has done all he could conceivably to meet the Evangelical's goals, especially stacking the courts with conservative judges.

I came away thinking that if, for you, God is sovereign, and ending abortion is a PRIMARY goal, followed by protection of Israel, then Trump has indeed performed well.

Reed showed no interest in managing Trade with the Far East and tensions with China/NK, no interest in stabilizing the Middle East or preserving NATO or advancing civil/voting rights, fighting the Coronovirus. Also no interest creating jobs or working out of recession. No interest in immigration problems, families stuck in border camps, children separated from parents. I can imagine the blank and unconcerned stare he would give me if I explained how trashing the Iran Deal hurt US credibility and made Israel less safe. Israel is going to be the site of a great international battle anyway.

Through the entire presentation, Reed clearly presented himself and Evangelicals as people rationally motivated by virtues of goodness, decency and morality.

Reed's explanations begs the question; what levels of immorality would evangelicals tolerate / attempt to justify, if it leads to the achievement of their ultimate goals? Using Reed's rationale, it seems the end goal is far more important than the path you chose to take to get there. I would argue that if the path itself is compromised, then the ends have been tainted by the means, leaving you with the same problems of having been stained by the very immorality you profess to be fighting against.
(06-28-2020, 05:50 PM)Lucidus Wrote: Reed's explanations begs the question; what levels of immorality would evangelicals tolerate / attempt to justify, if it leads to the achievement of their ultimate goals? Using Reed's rationale, it seems the end goal is far more important than the path you chose to take to get there. I would argue that if the path itself is compromised, then the ends have been tainted by the means, leaving you with the same problems of having been stained by the very immorality you profess to be fighting against.

You mean like, what if a super gay abortion doctor who is a loud atheist got elected and then stacked the supreme court with neo con judges?

It is rather interesting that absolution has now taken the form of stacking the Supreme Court. I wonder if St Peter is aware of this.
Tweeting this video didn't help his campaign any, but wasn't the idiot yelling "white power" just mocking the idiot that was yelling about the kkk? Mocking someone because you think what they are accusing you of is ridiculous is different than actually supporting the ridiculous thing you are accuse of being. The article makes it sound like the video is of a kkk rally or something when the actual footage just shows living the American retirement dream when you were born a moron.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
(06-28-2020, 07:11 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Tweeting this video didn't help his campaign any, but wasn't the idiot yelling "white power" just mocking the idiot that was yelling about the kkk? Mocking someone because you think what they are accusing you of is ridiculous is different than actually supporting the ridiculous thing you are accuse of being. The article makes it sound like the video is of a kkk rally or something when the actual footage just shows living the American retirement dream when you were born a moron.

Indeed. If someone is accusing you of racism, shouting "white power" will most certainly disarm that assertion. One must stand in awe of the thought process that proclaims, "In order to prove I'm not what you accuse me of, I will pretend to be the very thing that you think I am, therefore reinforcing your opinion of me." 
(06-28-2020, 05:50 PM)Lucidus Wrote: Reed's explanations begs the question; what levels of immorality would evangelicals tolerate / attempt to justify, if it leads to the achievement of their ultimate goals? Using Reed's rationale, it seems the end goal is far more important than the path you chose to take to get there.

C'mon Lucidus. We are talking about the Endtime. Christ's return to earth. Salvation for the faithful and eternal fire for skeptics.

OF COURSE the end goal is far more important.

(06-28-2020, 05:50 PM)Lucidus Wrote: I would argue that if the path itself is compromised, then the ends have been tainted by the means, leaving you with the same problems of having been stained by the very immorality you profess to be fighting against.

I imagine Reed would answer that even granted some scale to weigh ends against means, the saving of millions of fetal lives FAR outweighs tolerating a brazen and vulgar sinner in the White House.

I think many of his followers would not respond to your question at all, since you are questioning faith.
(06-28-2020, 03:59 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Better delete this thread because snowflake Trump supporters are sick of being called racist by us lazy and uninformed liberals.

(06-28-2020, 04:23 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Tim Scott may be the only genuine person in congress. Good on him.

(06-28-2020, 04:45 PM)GMDino Wrote: Weaksauce from Scott but at least he said SOMETHING so, yay?

What is telling is you created a thread to spark civility in this forum; yet took exception with one of those two posts. 

(06-28-2020, 08:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What is telling is you created a thread to spark civility in this forum; yet took exception with one of those two posts. 

How can you, in good conscience, vote for trump this November?
(06-28-2020, 08:44 PM)N_B Wrote: How can you, in good conscience, vote for trump this November?

What makes you think I will? 

In this very thread I applauded Tim Scott for slamming Trump on his tweet. 

(06-28-2020, 08:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What makes you think I will? 

In this very thread I applauded Tim Scott for slamming Trump on his tweet. 

It’s the body of work. If you aren’t voting for trump, you sure do spend the vast majority of your time defending him or trying to tear down anti trump posts. So why don’t we just skip the song and dance and go back to the question - how can you vote for him with a clear conscience?
It's 100% inexcusable, period, and is just another shameful moment for the worst POTUS in modern history. Heck I would take Nixon over him, and he was corrupt to the bone.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

(06-28-2020, 08:51 PM)N_B Wrote: It’s the body of work.  If you aren’t voting for trump, you sure do spend the vast majority of your time defending him or trying to tear down anti trump posts.  So why don’t we just skip the song and dance and go back to the question - how can you vote for him with a clear conscience?

Here's a question you must ask yourself:

What have I done to defend Trump in this thread?

How many "Pro Trump" posts have I ever started?

I could give 2 shits if Trump wins in November, but you can bet your 4th point of contact I'll be pulling the lever for Mitch.