Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Trump to speak at Libertarian National Convention
Trump's Truth page has no video of his speech.  Odd.

But it does have some still photos and one video of bootlicking from Mike Lee.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2024, 10:59 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: I believe Trump was angered a bit. He was supposed to answer submitted questions (which cost $10/each to submit), yet answered no questions following his prepared speech. The boos must have gotten to him.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-booed-heckled-raucous-crowd-020356627.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cDovL20uZmFjZWJvb2suY29tLw&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAAh18FVz4pjPv_6w1bBF-APKsr-Ny5XRU6knW1sxExWM90z2Cp6WQJtHwXK1-O1lRfB2l6AaLMKvmHjBvMQ4buNlLep9tnGxUcv3SBKHGHgJXoTUmE6G6h3XYaDcbm0FjpFV5HHVVH4Wgbs9Pu2i93eW43iXmmKTdFQ50wviCQnZ
Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk

Oh I bet the ketchup bottles were flying and someone on his staff got an earful.

https://x.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1794533592611377477

Reply/Quote
(05-26-2024, 10:14 AM)pally Wrote: The plan was to stack the audience with MAGA folks.  They should have gotten a clue at the receptions for Kennedy and other non-Libertarian speakers. 

I am betting his campaign knew, but Trump is too delusional and thinks they would just love him. He has surrounded himself with sycophants so he has no grasp on reality.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2024, 06:58 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I honestly feel like this was a shock to Trump's system. He is so used to being surrounded by sycophants and crowds that his ground teams put together to adore him at speeches that he probably doesn't fully grasp the reality of things with his image. However, I am not a fan of the level of disrespect. Just how I tend to roll.

I really feel bad for those folks sometimes. LOL

I wouldn't say it was a shock to his system. He knows he's held in low regards with them.

But Kudos for having the balls to actually accept the invite and show up.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2024, 10:30 AM)GMDino Wrote: Oh I bet the ketchup bottles were flying and someone on his staff got an earful.

https://x.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1794533592611377477

Trump really shows what an amazing negotiator and salesman he is on this one.  Don't wanna buy in eh?  Well that's fine, you'll just be a LOOOOOSER!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2024, 12:08 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I wouldn't say it was a shock to his system. He knows he's held in low regards with them.

But Kudos for having the balls to actually accept the invite and show up.

He planned to have MAGA folks fill the front of the room so it looked like everyone was cheering him.  

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(05-26-2024, 02:25 PM)pally Wrote:    He planned to have MAGA folks fill the front of the room so it looked like everyone was cheering him.  

And that's business as usual.
Reply/Quote
And afterall of that, the Libertarians have decided NOT to make Donald Trump their candidate for President as he failed to fill out the proper paperwork. RFKjr is eligible and will be one of the candidates on the nomination ballot

Reply/Quote
(05-26-2024, 03:22 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: And that's business as usual.

True.  He's a fan of those who are wholly devoted to him, even if they are paid actors.
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2024, 03:22 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: And that's business as usual.

So he had balls to show up, but he was trying to stack the crowd with plants to support him but he couldn't/didn't so he had balls to not bail out once that happened? 

Trump seems like someone who dove head first into an empty swimming pool before making sure there was water in it.  It's less ballsy when you accidentally do something dangerous. 
Reply/Quote
They've gone to the nominating ballot now. In round 1, Trump received 6 write in votes, RFK received 19 (and was eliminated), and Stormy Daniels received 1

Reply/Quote
(05-26-2024, 03:40 PM)pally Wrote: And afterall of that, the Libertarians have decided NOT to make Donald Trump their candidate for President as he failed to fill out the proper paperwork. RFKjr is eligible and will be one of the candidates on the nomination ballot
1st round of votes...

Trump with 6 write-ins and Stormy Daniels with 1.

[Image: fed69aacd6afa18b76ef88ce44704a08.jpg]
Reply/Quote
What ever happened to Justin Amash? I recall thinking he seemed fairly ok.
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2024, 05:50 PM)pally Wrote: They've gone to the nominating ballot now.  In round 1, Trump received 6 write in votes, RFK received 19 (and was eliminated), and Stormy Daniels received 1

via his Truth Social

Quote:"The reason I didn’t file paperwork for the Libertarian Nomination, which I would have absolutely gotten if I wanted it (as everyone could tell by the enthusiasm of the Crowd last night!), was the fact that, as the Republican Nominee, I am not allowed to have the Nomination of another Party," Trump wrote. "Regardless, I believe I will get a Majority of the Libertarian Votes."

Reply/Quote
(05-26-2024, 06:31 PM)pally Wrote: via his Truth Social
They would have to suspend the rules, put forth the motion to change the bylaws, and pass it by 7/8ths majority (if I recall correctly). As it stands, they will not even conclude their normal business of electing internal committee candidates by the time scheduled with the hotel. They ended normal business 2 hours early yesterday to prepare for Trump. Yet, they were still beat to the seating by the Young Republicans.

Reply/Quote
(05-26-2024, 05:58 PM)Nately120 Wrote: What ever happened to Justin Amash? I recall thinking he seemed fairly ok.
Amash is an amazing man. He's probably my favorite politician. He returned to the Republican Party to run for Senate in his Michigan district. He saw the turmoil within the Libertarian Party and backed away from the infighting.

Reply/Quote
(05-26-2024, 06:50 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: They would have  to suspend the rules, put forth the motion to change the bylaws, and pass it by 7/8ths majority (if I recall correctly). As it stands, they will not even conclude their normal business of electing internal committee candidates by the time scheduled with the hotel. They ended normal business 2 hours early yesterday to prepare for Trump. Yet, they were still beat to the seating by the Young Republicans.

It is illegal in most states to appear on the ballot for multiple political parties 

The hotel isn't going to freak out if people have to stay over another day.  It is Memorial Day weekend...there are not a lot of arrivals on Sunday and Monday.  Even in Washington DC, this is a quiet weekend.  In fact, they would probably be thrilled if the extended a day..,if they could staff the meeting rooms

Reply/Quote
(05-26-2024, 07:15 PM)pally Wrote: It is illegal in most states to appear on the ballot for multiple political parties 

The hotel isn't going to freak out if people have to stay over another day.  It is Memorial Day weekend...there are not a lot of arrivals on Sunday and Monday.  Even in Washington DC, this is a quiet weekend.  In fact, they would probably be thrilled if the extended a day..,if they could staff the meeting rooms
Correct.
Only a few states allow fusion/hybrid candidacy.

If business is not concluded, the Convention Committee generally tries to negotiate a price (budget dependant) to extend a few hours. The downfall to extending further is the fact of delegates needing to make flights. I'm sure it's doable, but it's unlikely most would try to adjust. Given that the platform and bylaws were pushed back, it may have been done purposely to have certain delegates leave to gain an advantage.

Reply/Quote
(05-26-2024, 07:32 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Correct.
Only a few states allow fusion/hybrid candidacy.

If business is not concluded, the Convention Committee generally tries to negotiate a price (budget  dependant) to extend a few hours. The downfall to extending further is the fact of delegates needing to make flights. I'm sure it's doable, but it's unlikely most would try to adjust. Given that the platform and bylaws were pushed back, it may have been done purposely to have certain delegates leave to gain an advantage.

Are you saying that even in a small political group there is in-fighting??
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2024, 11:30 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I am betting his campaign knew, but Trump is too delusional and thinks they would just love him. He has surrounded himself with sycophants so he has no grasp on reality.

(05-26-2024, 12:08 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I wouldn't say it was a shock to his system. He knows he's held in low regards with them.

Ahem.

(05-26-2024, 06:31 PM)pally Wrote: via his Truth Social
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote