Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Trump tweets thread

[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Tweet...for...everything...

[Image: EZgkpwoXYAAZ_l3?format=jpg&name=large]
This was an interesting experiment to follow:

[Image: EZdQsjbVcAA52g9?format=jpg&name=large]

[Image: EZdQslgUMAAtIcY?format=jpg&name=large]

[Image: EZdQsliU0AAY1Qg?format=jpg&name=large]

[Image: EZdQslhU4AAJ5bu?format=jpg&name=large]
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(06-09-2020, 10:02 AM)Belsnickel Wrote:

Get your head cracked by the police and then the president tells the world you may be a terrorist.  No wonder I just hide at home. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-09-2020, 10:02 AM)Belsnickel Wrote:

My  thoughts exactly.

Looked like he had a weapon in his hand too.

Police were gentle with a saboteur.  What do liberals really want, anyway.
I actually kind of defended DJT on this one.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2020/06/12/trump_lincolns_contribution_to_black_community_questionable.html

Quote:President Donald Trump, in an interview with FOX News host Harris Faulkner, talked about former President Abraham Lincoln and who has done more to help the black community.

Quote:HARRIS: I want to talk with you about revitalization in black communities, the focus of the opportunity zone that you put into place. I think it was late 2017.

TRUMP: Tim Scott – great senator.  

HARRIS: Senator Tim Scott. How does all of that fit into talking with the protesters? And people right now wanting for the black community—and not just blacks, but communities of color, people who are disadvantaged in general, I mean, the economy is the great unifier, right?

TRUMP: I think I’ve done more for the black community than any other president. And let's take a pass on Abraham Lincoln, because he did good. Although it's always questionable, you know, in other words, the end result.

HARRIS: Well, we are free, Mr. President. He did pretty well.

TRUMP: We are free. Well, you understand what I mean? You know, I got to take a pass on a Honest Abe, as we call it.

HARRIS: But you say you say you've done more than anybody.

TRUMP: Well, look. Criminal justice reform. Nobody else could. I've done it. I did it. I didn't get a lot of notoriety. And the fact the people I did it for then go on television and thank everybody but me and they needed me to get it done. And I got it done. And I got five or six Republicans Senators who had no interest in getting it done. And they were great. And we got it done. We did that. The historically black colleges and universities were not funded. They weren't funded. I got them funded on a long term basis and took care of. I became friendly every year for three years. You know the story. They were the heads, the deans, the heads, the presidents, the universities and colleges would come up. I got to know them—44 or so people would come up to the Oval Office. First year was normal. I said, all right, let's do second year. I said, why are you back again? Don't they? Third year? I said, why are you here? They said, because for many years we've had to come back here every single year. One of them, great people who said, we have to beg for money. I said, you shouldn't be begging. You should be back at your colleges or universities and you should be teaching and doing the job. I got them long term money more than they had, much more than they had. And I got it permanent. They don't have to come back into Washington, D.C. I said the only bad part is I won't see you again maybe. It was true. So I like 44 guys. They were great people. But I took care of that. Opportunity zones. I did that. Prison reform.
I *think* what he meant was that Lincoln got assassinated because of his freeing the slaves.  I *think* that somewhere in that addled brain of Trump he was *trying* to make that point but he lacks words and the ability to think clearly at all so he just throws out a bunch of sounds and hopes for the best .  That worked before the dementia really started to kick in.  Not so much now.

(06-13-2020, 04:08 PM)GMDino Wrote: I actually kind of defended DJT on this one.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2020/06/12/trump_lincolns_contribution_to_black_community_questionable.html

TRUMP: I think I’ve done more for the black community than any other president. And let's take a pass on Abraham Lincoln, because he did good. Although it's always questionable, you know, in other words, the end result.

HARRIS: Well, we are free, Mr. President. He did pretty well.

TRUMP: We are free. Well, you understand what I mean? You know, I got to take a pass on a Honest Abe, as we call it.

HARRIS: But you say you say you've done more than anybody.

I *think* what he meant was that Lincoln got assassinated because of his freeing the slaves.  I *think* that somewhere in that addled brain of Trump he was *trying* to make that point but he lacks words and the ability to think clearly at all so he just throws out a bunch of sounds and hopes for the best .  That worked before the dementia really started to kick in.  Not so much now.

Not sure he was referring to Lincoln's assassination. Can't rule that out though.

If one doesn't know much about Eisenhower or Johnson, and segregation history, then Trump's claims might seem plausible. A new law here and a little funding there = sending in the US military to enforce B v B, or signing the Civil Rights Act, which eventually altered the composition of the two major political parties by putting Dems firmly down on the pro-integration side, and ended legal segregation.

One aspect of the post-truth age of Trump is that so many people don't do analytical comparisons very well. Any pretext creates equivalence. Biden's gaffs are as bad as Trump's; Trump's done more for the black community (remember that one criminal justice thing no one else could do?) than Johnson.  Maybe Lincoln. NO! give Lincoln, honest Abe as they say, a pass. We are ALL free now.
[Image: 106322977_909651276206580_29892642769746...e=5F1AB8C6]
(06-26-2020, 11:23 AM)GMDino Wrote: [Image: 106322977_909651276206580_29892642769746...e=5F1AB8C6]

Someone with Trump's reputation putting lobstering in quotations makes me think he's alluding to some sort of international waters illegality. 

Can't prosecute me, I "lobstered" her outside of your jurisdiction!