Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Trump tweets thread

[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(01-09-2020, 10:44 AM)GMDino Wrote: Yesterday's sedation has worn off...

[Image: ADD2020.jpg]

Presidential harassment?  He's asking for it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(01-09-2020, 01:03 PM)GMDino Wrote:  

The report was also for 1991 to 2017, so he can’t really take any credit.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(01-09-2020, 08:55 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: The report was also for 1991 to 2017, so he can’t really take any credit.

That never stops him.  He takes credit for things Obama signed.  His cult isn't smart enough to know better.
#triggered

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/vince-vaughn-chatted-up-donald-trump-and-melania-at-a-college-football-game-and-people-have-opinions-154706617.html

[Image: c5a38c00-36e2-11ea-bfcd-bca0032f14c8]
"I'll never not see this image when I look at #VinceVaughan. It may have ruined my favorite movies. It will definitely stop me from going to more of his movies. #Stage5Clinger #PutinsGOP"
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Mellow

https://www.vox.com/2020/1/14/21065208/vince-vaughn-trump-national-championship-game-fox-news-outrage

Quote:The morning after a clip of actor Vince Vaughn having a brief, amicable conversation with President Donald Trump and first lady Melania Trump in a private box at the national championship college football game in New Orleans went viral, Fox News went to desperate lengths to make it seem as though Democrats are mad about it.

The problem, however, is that there isn’t much evidence anyone aside from right-wingers is actually mad.
In fact, Fox News’s article about how Vaughn supposedly “faces liberal outrage after he was seen with Trump during national championship game” prominently features a tweet from Washington Examiner staffer Siraj Hashmi, who is hardly a liberal, sarcastically quipping that “Ladies & gentlemen, I regret to inform you Vince Vaughn is CANCELED” — but the tweet is presented in David Aaro’s article as though Hashmi is a liberal who meant it earnestly.

Hashmi later noted on Twitter that the Fox News article caused right-wing trolls to flood his Instagram page with abusive comments. And the few other examples of “liberal outrage” in the piece were gleaned from the far fringes of Twitter. (Fox News still hasn’t figured out that Hashmi isn’t actually liberal as of Tuesday afternoon — his tweet was falsely cited as an example of “liberal cancel culture” on Outnumbered.)

The clip of the conversation between Trump and Vaughn — a libertarian who supported Rand Paul’s presidential bid — was originally posted to Twitter by former Deadspin staffer Timothy Burke, who wrote, “I’m very sorry to have to share this video with you. All of it, every part of it.”
Quote:[Image: 4d469e15223622e8f73a96d29b5e0483_normal.jpeg]
[/url]Timothy Burke

@bubbaprog

I'm very sorry to have to share this video with you. All of it, every part of it.

[Image: AyYAvbFX5NYZkUPQ?format=jpg&name=small]

9:45 PM - Jan 13, 2020
Twitter Ads info and privacy

As you’d expect, a few left-wing accounts did react to Burke’s clip with comments like, “Sad. Vince Vaughn is one of my favorites. I always knew he was Republican but this, so gross ... I don’t need a Wedding Crashers sequel anymore.” But the idea that there was some sort of concerted liberal backlash to the clip is make-believe aimed at ginning up outrage.

Beyond the article on Fox News’s website, “Vince Vaughn blasted for talking to Trump at game” was a prominent topic on Tuesday’s Fox & Friends. Despite a dearth of examples of Vaughn being blasted, hosts Brian Kilmeade and Steve Doocy went as far as to suggest that the Vaughn incident is a slippery slope toward a second civil war.

“Unless America talks to the other side and we can just talk to each other, they might as well just split the country right in half,” Doocy said.

“We tried that once,” replied Kilmeade.
Quote:[Image: luCp0qjX_normal.jpg]
Bobby Lewis@revrrlewis

Doocy: "Unless America talks to the other side and we can talk to each other, they might as well just split the country right in half"

Kilmeade: "They tried that once"

Doocy: "Well they did, but that's what we're going to. If you can't talk to each other, we're in big trouble"

[Image: 1qbERySEBaSJjbyc?format=jpg&name=small]

6:56 AM - Jan 14, 2020

Later, despite not being able to cite a single example of a prominent Democrat expressing outrage toward Vaughn, White House spokesperson Hogan Gidley told the hosts, “Democrats seem to be more upset at this exchange than they do at [Iranian military leader Qassem] Soleimani killing Americans citizens.”

“Good point,” host Ainsley Earhardt replied.
Quote:[Image: luCp0qjX_normal.jpg]
Bobby Lewis@revrrlewis

Replying to @revrrlewis

Hogan Gidley says LSU-Clemson's cheers for Trump were the most incredible cheers he's ever heard, "a unifying moment" ruined by Democrats being madder at Vince Vaughn than Qassem Soleimani, an absolutely ridiculous non sequitur that isn't even true. Ainsley says "good point."

[Image: Md77aTbLnpnnVbJv?format=jpg&name=small]

[url=https://twitter.com/intent/like?tweet_id=1217097298875965441]25
9:53 AM - Jan 14, 2020

The irony is that in trying to portray liberals as irrational and “triggered,” Fox News accidentally illustrated the extent to which that entire discourse is projection. In trying to own the libs, they owned themselves.

"triggered"  Mellow
(01-14-2020, 05:46 PM)GMDino Wrote: Mellow

https://www.vox.com/2020/1/14/21065208/vince-vaughn-trump-national-championship-game-fox-news-outrage

"triggered"  Mellow

So they made up the outraged and ended up attacking themselves?
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(01-14-2020, 06:35 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: So they made up the outraged and ended up attacking themselves?

Pretty much.

They are so good at their "message" I never understand why they try so hard to make up stuff like this.  Maybe they just run out of things to try and rile the base up about "the other side"?
When DJT can't even tweet right it might be time for one of those "regularly scheduled physicals" they spirit him off to occasionally.

As someone who has spoken in public many, many times...with both prepared speeches, extemporaneous speeches and simply reading...it PAINS me that we have a POTUS that made it to this age and seems unwilling to prepare for such speeches and unable to perform such speeches without sounding like a grade school student reading something for the first time out loud.  

Embarrassing.

(01-21-2020, 10:44 AM)GMDino Wrote: As someone who has spoken in public many, many times...with both prepared speeches, extraneous speeches and simply reading...it PAINS me that we have a POTUS that made it to this age and seems unwilling to prepare for such speeches and unable to perform such speeches without sounding like a grade school student reading something for the first time out loud.  

Embarrassing.

I'm pretty sure you meant extemporaneous, and this slip up made me laugh more than it should have.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(01-21-2020, 11:01 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I'm pretty sure you meant extemporaneous, and this slip up made me laugh more than it should have.

I did...and you're not the first to laugh at me.   Smirk

However my point remains the same. His inability to even read a prepared speech that is on a teleprompter in front of him is embarrassing.

Quote:Was Trump ever named Michigan's 'Man of the Year,' as he claims?

Washington — Since 2016, President Donald Trump has claimed that he received  Michigan's "Man of the Year" award, and no one in Michigan seems to know what he is talking about.

Trump has repeated the claim at least six times since first bringing it up at a 2016 campaign rally in Sterling Heights, according to CNN. He raised the mysterious honor again Thursday night during a rally in New Hampshire. 

"In fact, five or six years before I even thought about running, for whatever reason they named me Man of the Year in Michigan. I said, how come? I didn't even understand it myself, but I was named Man of the Year," Trump said Thursday. 

"I wasn't even political. That was years before I did this, but I was always complaining that our car business is being stolen."

Former U.S. Rep. Dave Trott on Friday offered a possible back story to the origin of the claim that dates to 2013 when Trott organized the Oakland County Republican Party's Lincoln Day dinner in Novi and invited Trump to speak.  

Trump came and addressed the crowd of 2,300 to 2,400, speaking for about an hour.  Detroit News coverage of the dinner did not mention any awards bestowed upon Trump.

Years later, Trott introduced himself again to Trump in March 2017 during a roundtable with automotive CEOs held at the Willow Run Airport in Ypsilanti Township. 

At that point, Trump indicated he remembered Trott and, referring to the Lincoln Day dinner, told those gathered about receiving the "Man of the Year" award in Michigan.

"That's my basis for concluding that the Lincoln Dinner in May of '13 is what he's alluding to," said Trott, a Birmingham attorney. 

"I was the organizer and chair of that, and we weren't handing out Man of the Year awards and never have. That's not part of the club's mission."

The club did gift Trump, who was then a private citizen, a framed copy of the Gettysburg Address and maybe something else to thank him for his time, Trott said. 

When Trump mentioned the Man of the Year award at the 2017 roundtable, Trott just nodded, he recalled.

"Because I sure wasn’t comfortable correcting him in front of a group of automotive CEOs. It may be would've been embarrassing to him. Maybe not. I don't know. It would have been to me," Trott said. 

"I just nodded and said it was a great speech and pivoted to that. Which it was. The speech was very well-received. It was kind of a precursor to the speeches we hear these days, every day." 

The White House did not offer any evidence for the claim Friday. Fact-checkers from CNN, HuffPost and other outlets have ruled out other possible sources of the award including the Michigan Chamber of Commerce. 

Trump also never received The Detroit News' annual Michiganians of the Year honor, and he hasn't mentioned a similar award in his Twitter feed. 

Trott, who retired from Congress last year, is back in the private sector and speaking more freely these days. 

He's not 100 percent sure where Trump's claim originated but suggested "the easiest solution is for the governor to just give him the award." 

"Wouldn't that once and for all resolve the controversy?" said Trott, chuckling. 

Gov. Gretchen Whitmer's office did not immediately comment on the possibility Friday
(01-30-2020, 06:46 PM)GMDino Wrote:

Tongue

[Image: k61ea29y_saixik_tp7si1.png]
[Image: 442477217_947289567407463_69894548258261...e=6657196A]

(01-30-2020, 08:55 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Tongue

[Image: k61ea29y_saixik_tp7si1.png]

I'm in!  I'd love to talk directly...he seems to be willing to talk with anyone.  Smirk
(01-30-2020, 11:07 PM)GMDino Wrote: I'm in!  I'd love to talk directly...he seems to be willing to talk with anyone.  Smirk

LOL 
[Image: 442477217_947289567407463_69894548258261...e=6657196A]

He has since deleted it, but this was from last night.

[Image: EP04kdqWkAEpzNa?format=jpg&name=small]
Mellow