Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Trump tweets thread
(07-25-2018, 09:53 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I can't get it to play.  Summary?

McTurtle is complaining about a coordinated and white house approved attack on special conel Starr.  Demanding that it must stop.   Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(07-25-2018, 09:56 AM)GMDino Wrote: McTurtle is complaining about a coordinated and white house approved attack on special conel Starr.  Demanding that it must stop.   Smirk

OK I'm not getting the connection between that and Trump's tweet.  Wasn't Trump's tweet about Cohen?  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-25-2018, 10:00 AM)michaelsean Wrote: OK I'm not getting the connection between that and Trump's tweet.  Wasn't Trump's tweet about Cohen?  

Yeah when I embedded the video it also had the Trump tweet thread it was posted in.  You can ignore that part of it.
(07-25-2018, 10:05 AM)GMDino Wrote: Yeah when I embedded the video it also had the Trump tweet thread it was posted in.  You can ignore that part of it.

Got it.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

So Trump "made the Koch brothers richer", still they are a "joke".

From which I take, Trump actually brags about making the Koch brothers richer. Who's this tweet aimed at? There's something to hate for everyone....
(07-31-2018, 11:15 AM)hollodero Wrote: So Trump "made the Koch brothers richer", still they are a "joke".

From which I take, Trump actually brags about making the Koch brothers richer. Who's this tweet aimed at? There's something to hate for everyone....

One of the Kock brothers dares say something bad about Trump.  And since daddy didn't love him he lashes out.

But at the same time he has to take credit for making them better than they would be without him.

Make sense now?

Oh, and let's ignore the fact that Trump is bragging that his tax cut for everyone made billionaires much richer.  Just pretend that never happened.  He'll deny it within 24 hours anyway.
(07-31-2018, 11:24 AM)GMDino Wrote: One of the Kock brothers dares say something bad about Trump.  And since daddy didn't love him he lashes out.

But at the same time he has to take credit for making them better than they would be without him.

Make sense now?

Oh, and lets ignore the fact that Trump is bragging that his tax cute for everyone made billionaires much richer.  Just pretend that never happened.  He'll deny it within 24 hours anyway.

His tax cute... was that intentional. If so, well... cute.

I get he attacks everyone with a positinio contrary to his. I gt thazt the Koch brothers are a good target, since I guess only a few people actually like them. What I do not get, why would one publicly brag about making the Koch brothers richer. Do they trickle?
(07-31-2018, 11:38 AM)hollodero Wrote: His tax cute... was that intentional. If so, well... cute.

I get he attacks everyone with a positinio contrary to his. I gt thazt the Koch brothers are a good target, since I guess only a few people actually like them. What I do not get, why would one publicly brag about making the Koch brothers richer. Do they trickle?

Not intentional...fat fingers typing too fast.   Smirk

It doesn't matter...he just has to show how "tough" he is (via twitter) and he has to brag about how much money he makes for other people.
(07-31-2018, 11:42 AM)GMDino Wrote: It doesn't matter...he just has to show how "tough" he is (via twitter) and he has to brag about how much money he makes for other people.

But for the Kochs, of all people? Does anyone care? Does anyone even like them?
Striking, because these are two figures that are known across the pond and are used as a symbol for what's generally wrong with America. They (well, they and similar figures left and right) have arguably done more for an ongoing commitment to public campaign funding in Europe than many others.

OK, big whatever. The newest gaffe is proposing a government shutdown over border security. After Trump culd already have had a potpourri of deals he declined.
At 11:37 pm on a Friday evening the POTUS took time out of his busy schedule of not watching television to post:

An insult toward a man who did more for education that Trump ever will.

America in a nutshell...
(08-04-2018, 01:19 AM)GMDino Wrote: At 11:37 pm on a Friday evening the POTUS took time out of his busy schedule of not watching television to post:

An insult toward a man who did more for education that Trump ever will.

America in a nutshell...

If he could STFU for 5 bleeping minutes that would be great.

He can’t help himself. Idiot.
MJ > Lebron
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
(08-04-2018, 09:48 AM)6andcounting Wrote: MJ > Lebron

You probably think Eldrick is the GOAT all time too...lol.

Lebron > Trump when it comes to underwriting legit schools.   Smirk
In Trump's defense LOL Lemon did ask if a black hole could have grabbed the missing Malaysian flight.

(08-06-2018, 11:47 AM)michaelsean Wrote: In Trump's defense LOL Lemon did ask if a black hole could have grabbed the missing Malaysian flight.

Yeah!

He read a bunch of tweets and then asked if that was preposterous and his guest said yes.

What a dummy!

Rolleyes
(08-06-2018, 11:56 AM)GMDino Wrote: Yeah!

He read a bunch of tweets and then asked if that was preposterous and his guest said yes.

What a dummy!

Rolleyes

That he needed to ask?  Yup.  

(08-06-2018, 12:04 PM)michaelsean Wrote: That he needed to ask?  Yup.  

...sigh...

From a purely media centered perspective: 

He was reading the outlandish "theories" that people were suggesting on the internet.

Yes, he needed to have someone say the idea of a black hole swallowing the plane was preposterous because there were people who probably believed it.

I admit it's sad that such "ideas" even need to be shot down but we live in a society where truth has become much more subjective. People will believe what they want no matter what facts are presented.

If he had just read the tweets and said "here are some really stupid theories" he would have been bashed as "pushing his own opinions", "he's not an expert", "fake news", etc by those who are willing to believe the biggest conspiracies and who hate anyone who disagrees.

So he says these "theories" are preposterous and then gets backing from a guest.

But it's easier to make fun of him for clearing up what we shouldn't even have to discuss than to look at why he chose to do it.

ThumbsUp

(08-06-2018, 12:13 PM)GMDino Wrote: ...sigh...

From a purely media centered perspective: 

He was reading the outlandish "theories" that people were suggesting on the internet.

Yes, he needed to have someone say the idea of a black hole swallowing the plane was preposterous because there were people who probably believed it.

I admit it's sad that such "ideas" even need to be shot down but we live in a society where truth has become much more subjective. People will believe what they want no matter what facts are presented.

If he had just read the tweets and said "here are some really stupid theories" he would have been bashed as "pushing his own opinions", "he's not an expert", "fake news", etc by those who are willing to believe the biggest conspiracies and who hate anyone who disagrees.

But it's easier to make fun of him for clearing up what we shouldn't even have to discuss than to look at why he chose to do it.

ThumbsUp

What if 1000 people tweeted him Superman knocked it out of the sky?  Because Superman's existence is as likely as a black hole showing up and just taking a plane. I CAN DO THIS FOREVER!!!!!!

(08-06-2018, 12:17 PM)michaelsean Wrote: What if 1000 people tweeted him Superman knocked it out of the sky?  Because Superman's existence is as likely as a black hole showing up and just taking a plane.  I CAN DO THIS FOREVER!!!!!!

At least black holes are real.

But that aside if he had substituted Superman for black holes my statement would be the same:  A bunch of people suggested/believed it.  He said it was preposterous and then asked a guest to do the same.  He shut down a dumb theory.

Boy is he dumb.

Not smart like your boy Trump! 

And I won't deny that it was a talking head trying to fill airtime...just that it doesn't make him dumb.
(07-31-2018, 02:47 PM)hollodero Wrote: But for the Kochs, of all people? Does anyone care? Does anyone even like them?
Striking, because these are two figures that are known across the pond and are used as a symbol for what's generally wrong with America. They (well, they and similar figures left and right) have arguably done more for an ongoing commitment to public campaign funding in Europe than many others.

OK, big whatever. The newest gaffe is proposing a government shutdown over border security. After Trump culd already have had a potpourri of deals he declined.

CPAC likes them.