Burrow
86.11%
62 86.11%
Total 72 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Tua over Burrow
we will turn into browns franchise, where QBs go to die. the saying is tank for tua not tank for burrow.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2019, 12:52 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: we will turn into browns franchise, where QBs go to die. the saying is tank for tua not tank for burrow.

[Image: 960x0.jpg?fit=scale]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2019, 09:14 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: Dont blow me up over this, but honestly I like what I see from Tua more than Burrow. I see a little bit of Mahomes in Tua with the way he moves in the pocket. Tua makes some great throws. I'd figure out where he's gonna fall to and trade back out of the 1st pick.

I have no idea where my Tiger went.

I won't blow you up over it, but honestly, a broken hip...really??

In all reality, that could very well be a career ender....
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
No.... All damn day no.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2019, 09:14 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: Dont blow me up over this, but honestly I like what I see from Tua more than Burrow. I see a little bit of Mahomes in Tua with the way he moves in the pocket. Tua makes some great throws. I'd figure out where he's gonna fall to and trade back out of the 1st pick.

Sometimes i just wonder what the hell goes on in some people's heads. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Quote:B/R
BATON ROUGE, La. — He is one tough S.O.B.

"You have no idea," says LSU safety Grant Delpit.

Try me.    

"So we're in spring practice," Delpit begins, and he stops and smiles at the thought of his tough-guy story about Tigers quarterback Joe Burrow.

But something doesn't feel right.

"He got hit, he thought late, on a play," Delpit continues. "They call [quarterback] run on the next play, he comes around the end and he goes right after the guy he thinks hit him. Running right at him, and the next thing you know, we're all fighting, offense and defense."

Who hit him?

"I think," Delpit laughs, "he thought it was me."

It doesn't matter who you are. An opposing defender, a teammate in practice, a projected top-six pick in next year's NFL draft, like Delpit.

Joe Burrow is coming. Get out of the way.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2851972-from-osu-castoff-to-sec-difference-maker-qb-joe-burrow-sets-a-new-tone-for-lsu

Smirk
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2019, 09:16 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The injury makes it not worth drafting him. He does look like Russell Wilson.

He just seems to get injured a lot. That doesn't really seem to work out well does it?

Definitely nothing against his potential and ability, but to me it's all about his injuries.  He's suffered 2 very bad lower extremity injuries which for a mobile QB is devastating long term.  The only way I take Tua is if he's still on the board when that 2nd pick comes around - still a stretch IMO but worth a flyer.  Heck, they wasted a 2nd on Drew Sample last year.  That was brilliant!
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2019, 11:53 PM)TheBengalsMind Wrote: I voted Joe Burrow, I would have regardless of the injury.

But now it's concrete.

Tua is good though, real good.

However, we have to remember that this is the same injury that destroyed Bo Jackson's career.

Only Tua's is worse.

Bo suffered a Hip Subluxation, just fancy words for a partial hip dislocation.

Tua had a true hip dislocation and fracture on top of it.

Now, Bo's injury caused AVN which is, death of bone/cartilage and loss of blood.

If early indications are correct it looks like they saved him from that, but be aware it can take a year to truly know that or not.

So come draft time your making a 50/50 guess if he'll even be able to take another snap possibly.

As valuable as 1st rounders are, I don't see anybody taking him in the 1st without a complete and thorough check of that hip, that says he'll be able to 100% percent play in the future and take the kind of abuse that he'd take.

I feel bad for Tua, because he did everything right.

It's a real reminder that life isn't always fair or easy.

Bo Jackson was a long time ago. The injury that ended Greg Cook's career is now just an everyday surgery that is no big deal. I'm sure the treatment for Bo Jackson's injury is a lot better these days than it was then..... I still want Burrow over Tua, but just saying...
Reply/Quote
If Tua Tagovailoa wasn't injured I would seriously consider him, but that hip "thing" gives me pause. If you want a more Tua-style quarterback instead of Joe Burrow, taking a look at Jalen Hurts instead of Tua might be a smart option.
Reply/Quote
I never understood the obsession with Tua. He looks like just another Alabama system QB to me. If he didn’t come in during the second half of that national championship game and win it all, I doubt his hype would be so high. Now with that horrific hip injury... I wouldn’t touch Tua with a 10 foot pole.

Anyway, Burrow all the way.
Reply/Quote
Like everyone else said if it wasn't the hip injury it'd be a legit discussion.

Tua said he'd never be the same and won't have the movement anymore. Thus he's out of the question for the top pick.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Willis Mcgahee suffered one of the worst injuries in college had to have several surgeries and went on to have a great nfl career.
Reply/Quote
Isn't there at least a QB who was beheaded by ISIS we can pick? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
If Tua weren't a walking injury list, I'd agree.

Unfortunately, the perfect prospect doesn't exist.

I'll take the extreme accuracy of Burrow though. It'll help win games.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2019, 01:00 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: If Tua weren't a walking injury list, I'd agree.

Unfortunately, the perfect prospect doesn't exist.

I'll take the extreme accuracy of Burrow though. It'll help win games.

Geee..if only Tua were caught on tape beating little kids, raping little girls and shooting crystal meth he'd make a perfect Mike Brown reclamation project..  ThumbsUp
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2019, 01:22 PM)grampahol Wrote: Geee..if only Tua were caught on tape beating little kids, raping little girls and shooting crystal meth he'd make a perfect Mike Brown reclamation project..  ThumbsUp

Yea, if we could get him undrafted, I'd be game :)
Reply/Quote
Won't matter. Whichever one we pass on will be healthy, win 8 Super Bowls and become the new King of England.

Whichever one we draft will lose both legs in a roller blading accident.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
Burrow. All day every day. This guy is highly competitive in a way that I think his teammates will respect and respond to. This is the guy I want leading us into a new culture. Of course he could end up Bungalized like so many others, but at least he seems to have the right mentality as he (hopefully) comes through the door. This in my mind is just as important as the physical skills, which his are pretty damn good as far as I can tell.
Reply/Quote
They would have a lineman that missed the previous year, another that has a lingering concussion, Ross, AJ, Eifert and Tua on Offense. The Band Aid Boys. This sounds like the ultimate Mike Brown plan. He could even pick another injured guy to go with last years TE.
Reply/Quote

I like Tua but even when he is healthy I don't think he is better than Burrow. Burrow is very special and is healthy.

Burrow had nearly an 80% completion percentage this season! Shocked
Reply/Quote