Burrow
86.11%
62 86.11%
Total 72 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Tua over Burrow
Tua hits guys in stride and has touch. Burrow underthrows and has a few 50/50 balls where his great receivers seem to always come down with it. Or he has guys running wide open. Tua is the guy and I will stand by that no matter what the stats say.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2019, 03:18 AM)Nati#1 Wrote: Tua hits guys in stride and has touch. Burrow underthrows and has a few 50/50 balls where his great receivers seem to always come down with it. Or he has guys running wide open. Tua is the guy and I will stand by that no matter what the stats say.

You can keep setting them up and I'll just keep knocking them down.

Deep passing.

Quote:Burrow can take these throws deep, and when he does, he’s about as perfect as one can be. When attempting a horizontal-lead pass 15 or more yards downfield, Burrow completed 22-of-27 pass attempts for four touchdowns; he's averaged 21.0 yards per attempt and recorded a perfect passer rating of 158.3. Along with that, Burrow can get dirty with the vertical route tree — he has only 23 such attempts this year but has completed 18 of those for 519 yards, 10 touchdowns, a perfect passer rating and not a single turnover-worthy play.

Quote:The nation's highest-graded quarterback to every level of the field, Burrow was perhaps the best quarterback we've had the privilege of grading since we started grading college in 2014, and that includes the likes of Baker Mayfield, Kyler Murray and a few other first-round picks at the position. Burrow lit up every defense he saw this season, including several top-10 matchups. On all throws targeted at least 10 yards downfield, Burrow finished the season 101-of-152 for 2,475 yards, 31 touchdowns against just six interceptions and 29 big-time throws, fielding a ridiculous 69.1% adjusted completion percentage in the process to lead the nation.

He's got the Heisman Trophy all but locked up for good reason, as Burrow averaged a depth of target of 9.2 yards downfield and still finished with the nation's second-highest overall adjusted completion percentage. He set all sorts of PFF accuracy records in 2019 and finished the regular season with a standard completion percentage figure of 78.3%. There was no player more dominant for the entire length of the season than Burrow, and the hardware will certainly follow.

His receivers bail him out and wide open?

Quote:And to say he is getting bailed out by open receivers is just flat out incorrect, as well. His supporting cast and system have been great—there’s no argument there—but his numbers when throwing to a tight window only validates his stunning play this season, as Burrow is PFF’s highest-graded quarterback on those throws. He has 20 touchdowns (seven more than anyone else) and a passer rating of 116.1 (second is at 95.9). His adjusted completion percentage leads the country and his accurate-pass rate is 8% higher than second place.

Facts.

https://www.pff.com/news/college-football-how-joe-burrow-and-the-lsu-offense-went-from-unknown-to-unstoppable
https://www.pff.com/news/college-football-2019-pff-all-american-team
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I would take Herbert over Tua, let alone Burrow - especially after the injury. I'm sorry, but I've seen enough short QBs in Cincy Stripes for my lifetime. Tua will not have the benefit of supreme talent over his competition in the NFL like he does at Alabama.

If the Bengals trade out of the pick, I would rather see Chase Young + Herbert OR Herbert + OL Andrew Thomas.

For the record, as of this post, I would prefer Burrow over any 2 players.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2019, 10:39 AM)PDub80 Wrote: I would take Herbert over Tua, let alone Burrow - especially after the injury. I'm sorry, but I've seen enough short QBs in Cincy Stripes for my lifetime. Tua will not have the benefit of supreme talent over his competition in the NFL like he does at Alabama.

If the Bengals trade out of the pick, I would rather see Chase Young + Herbert OR Herbert + OL Andrew Thomas.

For the record, as of this post, I would prefer Burrow over any 2 players.

Burrow is the #1 choice among QB's and it's not even close !
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2019, 09:41 AM)Synric Wrote: You can keep setting them up and I'll just keep knocking them down.

Deep passing.

His receivers bail him out and wide open?

Facts.

https://www.pff.com/news/college-football-how-joe-burrow-and-the-lsu-offense-went-from-unknown-to-unstoppable
https://www.pff.com/news/college-football-2019-pff-all-american-team

You can love Joe Burrow all you want, but he only has one "great" year of accomplishment. The vast majority of teams in this league would draft Tua over Burrow! Tua has a much better body of work and IS the more skilled and seasoned of the two.

Joe's had one good season while distributing the football to future NFL players. How many of LSUs games have you watched this season? I live in the heart of SEC land. I'm forced to watch their games EVERY WEEK!!!!! I've watched LSU probably eight or nines times this season. Burrow made a lot of short throws that went for TDs this season. When I say a lot, I mean A LOT. Jefferson, Chase, and Edwards-Helaire make a lot of people miss. Half of the TDs that Joe "threw" were just slant routes or swing passes that his great receivers made great plays on.

Don't worry, you're going to get your precious Joe. Ts, Tua is the better of the two and two thirds of the leagues GMs would agree. Joe works for Cincy because he's having ONE great season, he's from Ohio, and Tua is hurt. At the moment Joe Burrow is a one hit wonder. That's it. Nothing more, nothing less. He will have an opportunity to prove otherwise.
Reply/Quote
I'll take Jalen Hurts over Tua Tagovailoa due to the injury factor alone.
Reply/Quote
If Tua has no injury history he might go number 1 but he does which worries me a lot.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2019, 03:18 AM)Nati#1 Wrote: Tua hits guys in stride and has touch. Burrow underthrows and has a few 50/50 balls where his great receivers seem to always come down with it. Or he has guys running wide open. Tua is the guy and I will stand by that no matter what the stats say.

lol
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2019, 01:35 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: You can love Joe Burrow all you want, but he only has one "great" year of accomplishment. The vast majority of teams in this league would draft Tua over Burrow! Tua has a much better body of work and IS the more skilled and seasoned of the two.

Joe's had one good season while distributing the football to future NFL players. How many of LSUs games have you watched this season? I live in the heart of SEC land. I'm forced to watch their games EVERY WEEK!!!!! I've watched LSU probably eight or nines times this season. Burrow made a lot of short throws that went for TDs this season. When I say a lot, I mean A LOT. Jefferson, Chase, and Edwards-Helaire make a lot of people miss. Half of the TDs that Joe "threw" were just slant routes or swing passes that his great receivers made great plays on.

Don't worry, you're going to get your precious Joe. Ts, Tua is the better of the two and two thirds of the leagues GMs would agree. Joe works for Cincy because he's having ONE great season, he's from Ohio, and Tua is hurt. At the moment Joe Burrow is a one hit wonder. That's it. Nothing more, nothing less. He will have an opportunity to prove otherwise.

Funny you mention the NFL talent around Joe Burrow but neglect to mention it around Tua Tagovailoa. 

Tua has 4 NFL receivers Jerry Jeudy, Henry Ruggs, Devonta Smith and Jaylen Waddle . He has two offensive tackles that are likely to go in the first round Alex Leatherwood and Jedrick Wills. Running back Najee Harris will be at least a day 2 pick. 

As for "Distributing" to NFL talent Tua Tagovailoa is more of a culprit in that this season.

In this PFF video they discuss just that...
https://youtu.be/GjPBAe2WBGQ
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Take Chase Young #1 and see if you can trade up at the end of 1 or take him with #1 pick in 2nd.
[Image: sig_zpsweeg0dtn.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2019, 10:25 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: If the Bengals are thinking about taking a quarterback the debate should not be Joe Burrow vs. Tua Tagovailoa.  It should be Joe Burrow vs. Jalen Hurts.  I think the world of all three players but Tua is possibly injured more seriously than just being “dinged.”  Tua is a superb quarterback and a great competitor but the hip is a concern.

The fumbles are the concern with Hurts.
Reply/Quote

Oh, Burrow is bailed out by his "great receivers?" Have you seen what Bama had at WR during Tua's career there? You're kidding, right?
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2019, 03:24 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: The fumbles are the concern with Hurts.

Fumbles? Sure. Biggest concern is his horrific accuracy. He's not a good passer. 
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2019, 02:18 PM)nkydiesel88 Wrote: Take Chase Young #1 and see if you can trade up at the end of 1 or take him with #1 pick in 2nd.

could be a plan if Young Declares and Doctors say Tua will be able to play again
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2019, 03:29 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Fumbles? Sure. Biggest concern is his horrific accuracy. He's not a good passer. 

That too.

Great runner, needs to hold on to the ball and be more accurate.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2019, 02:04 PM)Synric Wrote: Funny you mention the NFL talent around Joe Burrow but neglect to mention it around Tua Tagovailoa. 

Tua has 4 NFL receivers Jerry Jeudy, Henry Ruggs, Devonta Smith and Jaylen Waddle . He has two offensive tackles that are likely to go in the first round Alex Leatherwood and Jedrick Wills. Running back Najee Harris will be at least a day 2 pick. 

As for "Distributing" to NFL talent Tua Tagovailoa is more of a culprit in that this season.

In this PFF video they discuss just that...
https://youtu.be/GjPBAe2WBGQ

It's funny that you bring that up! I didn't think it was necessary. The talent at Bama goes without saying, I know, I have been forced to watch them play nine or ten times as well.

That's how I am able to ascertain which of those two QBs is the most NFL ready. 
Tua is faster. Tua has a stronger arm. Tua has way more big game experience. 

Have you ever heard of Joe Brady or Steve Ensminger? Brady is a huge reason for the Tigers, and Joe's current success.

Man, Joe has serious upside and is currently playing at a high level, but he's in a very good, comfortable spot right now. He's good man, but pump the brakes a touch. Joe Burrow didn't bring success to LSU all by himself.

Coming to Cincy will be like moving to a totally different planet than what he's accustomed to, football wise.

Tua was almost unanimously considered the #1 pick coming into the year. Joe had a 4th or 5th round grade. One great season doesn't change that. Quit reading the hype articles. That's why writers write and videographers make videos. That's their job, is to hopefully get people to read their pitch.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2019, 03:53 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: It's funny that you bring that up! I didn't think it was necessary. The talent at Bama goes without saying, I know, I have been forced to watch them play nine or ten times as well.

That's how I am able to ascertain which of those two QBs is the most NFL ready. 
Tua is faster. Tua has a stronger arm. Tua has way more big game experience. 

Have you ever heard of Joe Brady or Steve Ensminger? Brady is a huge reason for the Tigers, and Joe's current success.

Man, Joe has serious upside and is currently playing at a high level, but he's in a very good, comfortable spot right now. He's good man, but pump the brakes a touch. Joe Burrow didn't bring success to LSU all by himself.

Coming to Cincy will be like moving to a totally different planet than what he's accustomed to, football wise.

Tua was almost unanimously considered the #1 pick coming into the year. Joe had a 4th or 5th round grade. One great season doesn't change that. Quit reading the hype articles. That's why writers write and videographers make videos. That's their job, is to hopefully get people to read their pitch.

Ever met Nick Saban and Steve Sarkisian?

Stop you're making excuses and not looking at the individual play. 2018 Tua Tagovailoa caused him to be the #1 overall QB coming into the 2019 season. In 2019 he was alot more pedestrian allowing the run game screen game and WRs make alot of his plays as described in that PFF video.

Joe's 2019 play has been better than 2018 Tua he is setting SEC records for completion percentage yards and Touchdowns. His offensive line is mediocre hes been pressured on 31% of his drop backs. His average air yards are 9.2 that means he is pushing thr ball down the field. Around 10% of Burrows completions have been screen plays compared to Tua's 25%.

Tua is a great prospect and if he didnt have the injury history he does it would be a close battle who would go #1 OA but Joe Burrow's season in the SEC has been spectacular.

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2019, 04:09 PM)Synric Wrote: Ever met Nick Saban and Steve Sarkisian?

Stop you're making excuses and not looking at the individual play. 2018 Tua Tagovailoa  caused him to be the #1 overall QB coming  into the 2019 season. In 2019 he was alot more pedestrian allowing the run game screen game and WRs make alot of his plays as described in that PFF video.

Joe's 2019 play has been better than 2018 Tua he is setting SEC records for completion percentage yards and Touchdowns. His offensive line is mediocre hes been pressured on 31% of his drop backs. His average air yards are 9.2 that means he is pushing thr ball down the field. Around 10% of Burrows completions have been screen plays compared to Tua's 25%.

Tua is a great prospect and if he didnt have the injury history he does it would be a close battle who would go #1 OA but Joe Burrow's season in the SEC has been spectacular.

I haven't made an excuse for anyone. You said it all in your last ten words. He's had one great season, one!

Hopefully, he will have many more in Cincy, but he won't have an NFL coordinator drawing up plays against college guys when he's playing for us. If anything he will be handicapped considering the miserable lot of coaches that has been assembled in Cincy.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2019, 01:35 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: You can love Joe Burrow all you want, but he only has one "great" year of accomplishment. The vast majority of teams in this league would draft Tua over Burrow! Tua has a much better body of work and IS the more skilled and seasoned of the two.

No they wouldn’t. Some of you are MASSIVELY downplaying the injury concerns. Drafting any player is a gamble, but Tua is an even bigger one than most.

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2019, 04:35 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: I haven't made an excuse for anyone. You said it all in your last ten words. He's had one great season, one!

Hopefully, he will have many more in Cincy, but he won't have an NFL coordinator drawing up plays against college guys when he's playing for us. If anything he will be handicapped considering the miserable lot of coaches that has been assembled in Cincy.

Tua had one great season too Coach in 2018 and Joe's was better this year and he isn't injured.
Reply/Quote