Burrow
86.11%
62 86.11%
Total 72 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Tua over Burrow
It's interesting that the original poster brings up Tua and his movement in the pocket. Burrow does this better than anyone I've ever seen in college football - including Tua.

I was a little lukewarm on Tua coming into this year due to his size. I like him, but I've had reservations about him. The ankle injury really made me wonder and follow that up with the hip and he's starting to look fairly fragile.

I just love what Burrow brings to the table mentally. It's been ages since we've seen a guy that has his mental ability to read defenses and more importantly get the ball to the correct guy. I'm a little worried about his arm strength, but that's it.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2019, 03:08 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: It's interesting that the original poster brings up Tua and his movement in the pocket.  Burrow does this better than anyone I've ever seen in college football - including Tua.

I was a little lukewarm on Tua coming into this year due to his size.  I like him, but I've had reservations about him.  The ankle injury really made me wonder and follow that up with the hip and he's starting to look fairly fragile.

I just love what Burrow brings to the table mentally.  It's been ages since we've seen a guy that has his mental ability to read defenses and more importantly get the ball to the correct guy.  I'm a little worried about his arm strength, but that's it.

Feel precisely the same about both Tua and Burrow. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
I really wish Tua didn't get hurt. If he hadn't, he vs Burrow would have been a closer debate and I probably would have said Tua. I like his playstyle and upside a bit more. But there's no way I take a currently-injured player at 1st or 2nd overall. It's Burrow in this case.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
https://www.pff.com/news/college-football-ranking-all-80-college-football-bowl-quarterbacks-by-pro-potential

Quote:2. JOE BURROW, LSU TIGERS
Year: Senior

There's no shame in finishing runner-up to the golden boy from Clemson. Burrow doesn't have a big arm like Lawrence, but he has accuracy the likes of which we've never seen. He has been accurate on 72.3% of his passes targeted beyond the line of scrimmage this season. Second place is 65.8%.

Bowl matchup: Oklahoma in the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl

Of draftable QBs this year its 1. Burrow 2. Herbert 3. Fromm 4. Love 5. Eason 6. Newman 7. Hurts

I agree Jalen Hurts should be that low and Tua Tagovailoa isn't on the list for some odd reason.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2019, 09:14 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: Dont blow me up over this, but honestly I like what I see from Tua more than Burrow. I see a little bit of Mahomes in Tua with the way he moves in the pocket. Tua makes some great throws. I'd figure out where he's gonna fall to and trade back out of the 1st pick.

There's no reason for anyone to "blow you up". If Tua were healthy, he would be the number one pick. That doesn't detract from what Joe has accomplished this season.
Tua has Joe beat in nearly every category. Ts, they both are very good QBs.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2019, 03:59 PM)Synric Wrote: https://www.pff.com/news/college-football-ranking-all-80-college-football-bowl-quarterbacks-by-pro-potential

Of draftable QBs this year its 1. Burrow 2. Herbert 3. Fromm 4. Love 5. Eason 6. Newman 7. Hurts

I agree Jalen Hurts should be that low and Tua Tagovailoa isn't on the list for some odd reason.

Cause of the fumbles with Hurts? Guess I could see that, cannot turn the ball over.
Reply/Quote
Tua can't even walk for 3 months.

Just not worth the risk
Reply/Quote
Tua is a better more accurate passer than Burrow and he moves better in the pocket than Burrow. Dont let the media hype around Burrow persuade you. Tua is the next Steve Young.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2019, 03:08 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: It's interesting that the original poster brings up Tua and his movement in the pocket.  Burrow does this better than anyone I've ever seen in college football - including Tua.

I was a little lukewarm on Tua coming into this year due to his size.  I like him, but I've had reservations about him.  The ankle injury really made me wonder and follow that up with the hip and he's starting to look fairly fragile.

I just love what Burrow brings to the table mentally.  It's been ages since we've seen a guy that has his mental ability to read defenses and more importantly get the ball to the correct guy.  I'm a little worried about his arm strength, but that's it.

I dont think Burrows arm talent accuracy or strength  is better than Tua. The only thing I see Burrow having over Tua is the ability to read a defense. Burrow better have a mind like Peyton Manning or he will be the next Ryan Leaf.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2019, 09:03 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: Tua is a better more accurate passer than Burrow and he moves better in the pocket than Burrow. Dont let the media hype around Burrow persuade you. Tua is the next Steve Young.

1. Joe Burrow set the SEC record for accuracy.
2. Joe Burrow is PFFs highest graded QB under pressure...ever.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2019, 04:20 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: There's no reason for anyone to "blow you up". If Tua were healthy, he would be the number one pick. That doesn't detract from what Joe has accomplished this season.
Tua has Joe beat in nearly every category. Ts, they both are very good QBs.

I just see how everyone is all over Burrow.. look at the poll.. I see a mediocre play style in Burrow. He better have a mind like Peyton Manning or else he wont live up to his hype. I dont see a , Rodgers, Brady, Mahomes, or Manning in him. I see a little bit of Steve Young in Tua, he is a talented quarterback and I really think we should take the chance on him.
Reply/Quote
Tim couch set records in college too. Don't let stats fool you.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2019, 09:03 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: Tua is a better more accurate passer than Burrow and he moves better in the pocket than Burrow. Dont let the media hype around Burrow persuade you. Tua is the next Steve Young.

No he’s not.

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2019, 09:18 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: Tim couch set records in college too. Don't let stats fool you.

Or we could you know look at facts. 

Joe Burrow has set accuracy records at all levels of the field. He is also the best QB under pressure while being very accurate in those situations.

So you're statements Tua Tagovailoa is more accurate and better in the pocket is wrong according to factual evidence.

Reply/Quote

Oh yeah ?

Tua 71.4% on 252 attempts

Burrow 77.9% on 439 attempts

So nearly 200 more attempts and 6% higher = less accurate to you ?  Say What
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2019, 09:24 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: No he’s not.

(12-19-2019, 09:25 PM)Synric Wrote: Or we could you know look at facts. 

Joe Burrow has set accuracy records at all levels of the field. He is also the best QB under pressure while being very accurate in those situations.

So you're statements Tua Tagovailoa is more accurate and better in the pocket is wrong according to factual evidence.

Don't let the facts get in the way when your mind is made up.  Hammer
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2019, 09:09 PM)Synric Wrote: 1. Joe Burrow set the SEC record for accuracy.
2. Joe Burrow is PFFs highest graded QB under pressure...ever.

(12-19-2019, 09:25 PM)Synric Wrote: Or we could you know look at facts. 

(12-19-2019, 09:34 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Oh yeah ?

Tua 71.4% on 252 attempts

Burrow 77.9% on 439 attempts

So nearly 200 more attempts and 6% higher = less accurate to you ?  Say What

(12-19-2019, 09:38 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Don't let the facts get in the way when your mind is made up.  Hammer

Yeah, what these guys said. Mellow
Reply/Quote
If the Bengals are thinking about taking a quarterback the debate should not be Joe Burrow vs. Tua Tagovailoa. It should be Joe Burrow vs. Jalen Hurts. I think the world of all three players but Tua is possibly injured more seriously than just being “dinged.” Tua is a superb quarterback and a great competitor but the hip is a concern.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2019, 11:53 PM)TheBengalsMind Wrote: I voted Joe Burrow, I would have regardless of the injury.

But now it's concrete.

Tua is good though, real good.

However, we have to remember that this is the same injury that destroyed Bo Jackson's career.

Only Tua's is worse.

Bo suffered a Hip Subluxation, just fancy words for a partial hip dislocation.

Tua had a true hip dislocation and fracture on top of it.

Now, Bo's injury caused AVN which is, death of bone/cartilage and loss of blood.

If early indications are correct it looks like they saved him from that, but be aware it can take a year to truly know that or not.

So come draft time your making a 50/50 guess if he'll even be able to take another snap possibly.

As valuable as 1st rounders are, I don't see anybody taking him in the 1st without a complete and thorough check of that hip, that says he'll be able to 100% percent play in the future and take the kind of abuse that he'd take.

I feel bad for Tua, because he did everything right.

It's a real reminder that life isn't always fair or easy.

No one will be able to say Tua will be able to play with 100% certainty by the time the draft rolls around. Brett Favre had avascular necrosis in his hip during the draft. There is a bit of unpredictability to injuries. On one end of the spectrum is Bo Jackson and on the other end is Brett Favre.
Reply/Quote
We took a chance on Anthony Munoz when he was injured in college.
Reply/Quote