Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Tucker Carlson GONE from Fox
(04-26-2023, 12:43 PM)Dill Wrote: The other side of the coin are the work environment suits, Tucker's mistreatment of employees, especially of the female variety. One might get around that with NDA's and selecting the employees who are actually down with sexism and anti-semitism.  Some chicks dig REAL men, probably more of those at Newsmax than even Fox.

Interesting concept, and I don't know women but I'm not sure women who find being treated like crap by men to be acceptable or admirable are working high-end media jobs, even if the message they broadcast is conservative in nature.  Rather, I feel like they'd be a bit off put that Tucker is treating them the way he should be treating "other women" because they are "the good ones."

I've never come across a conservative/Christian woman who has said "Well, I disagree with you, but you have testicles so I have to admit you are right and instantly submit to you."  Submission is for others, though I guess Tucker is so powerful it might be an honor to have him tread upon you.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Tucker had almost no advertising support for his show. Most of the quality advertisers bailed out a long time ago. The only reason Fox could afford to keep him on the air was because of the massive amount of money they made off of carrier fees from cable and streaming companies. The Fox package has been the 2nd most expensive suite of channels to carry except for the ABC/ESPN/Disney channels. Fox would regularly hold their sports channels ( and NFL package) hostage to carriers who pushed back against the news stations.

Newsmax and OANN don't have that kind of leverage. And frankly, adding Tucker still wouldn't give them that kind of leverage. Unless Tucker's ego allows him to take a huge pay cut, there is no way he is ending up on one of those networks. They can't afford him. I see him going the monetized podcast/youtube channel route, where he is the recipient of most of the money. The Alex Jones crowd has already proven they will shell out millions for the kind of crap they spew.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2023, 06:57 PM)pally Wrote: Tucker had almost no advertising support for his show. Most of the quality advertisers bailed out a long time ago. The only reason Fox could afford to keep him on the air was because of the massive amount of money they made off of carrier fees from cable and streaming companies.  The Fox package has been the 2nd most expensive suite of channels to carry except for the ABC/ESPN/Disney channels.  Fox would regularly hold their sports channels ( and NFL package) hostage to carriers who pushed back against the news stations.

Newsmax and OANN don't have that kind of leverage.  And frankly, adding Tucker still wouldn't give them that kind of leverage.  Unless Tucker's ego allows him to take a huge pay cut, there is no way he is ending up on one of those networks.  They can't afford him.  I see him going the monetized podcast/youtube channel route, where he is the recipient of most of the money.  The Alex Jones crowd has already proven they will shell out millions for the kind of crap they spew.

That makes sense, but if he keeps up his usual shenanigans won't he open himself up for a lawsuit again without the corporate overhead to take the fall?  
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2023, 07:05 PM)Nately120 Wrote: That makes sense, but if he keeps up his usual shenanigans won't he open himself up for a lawsuit again without the corporate overhead to take the fall?  

yes...but he will have a longer rope because he won't have management pushback.

Last night in the 8PM hour, Fox recorded their lowest ratings since before 9/11.  Newsmax had a 5 fold increase in viewers.  Should be fun to watch

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2023, 07:22 PM)pally Wrote: yes...but he will have a longer rope because he won't have management pushback.

Last night in the 8PM hour, Fox recorded their lowest ratings since before 9/11.  Newsmax had a 5 fold increase in viewers.  Should be fun to watch

I saw the "Fox News has gone woke" cries rising up from the usual folks.  
Reply/Quote
Tucker is an interesting case. I feel like he could go the Glenn Beck route if he wanted to. He's probably a big enough draw to start his own content generator. Whether or not he could win out vs Newsman, OAN, and Fox is unknown.

Bill O'Reilly was massively popular when he got the boot from Fox, and he's been largely unable to maintain the profile and influence he had there. Tucker was big, but Bill was bigger and had a bigger audience. It's not a vacuum, though. Bill's transgressions were a lot more public and a lot more clear than Carlson's at this point. Beck has been consistently active and The Blaze has done decent, but he's still not at the level he was at Fox. Megyn Kelly fell off the face of the earth after she left the network and floundered in the big time.

Fox builds people like this fairly regularly. Most of these personalities were fairly light weight before getting gigs on the network. O'Reilly was doing tabloid journalism. Carlson was the right-wing punching bag on Crossfire, if anyone was bothering to watch. My money is on Fox finding another face to elevate and Carlson remaining relevant, but not nearly like he has been of late.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2023, 07:22 PM)pally Wrote: yes...but he will have a longer rope because he won't have management pushback.

That's the scary part to me.

The qanon and infowars mind melting conspiracy machine has a giant fresh batch of recruits who are already accustomed to being spoon fed bullshit and gleefully sucking it down.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2023, 01:08 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: That's the scary part to me.

The qanon and infowars mind melting conspiracy machine has a giant fresh batch of recruits who are already accustomed to being spoon fed bullshit and gleefully sucking it down.

It's still bitterly funny that fox knew the rigged election and Trump narratives were BS but they pushed them anyways because it's what their audience wanted to hear. 

2 years later they're paying out their first massive lawsuit for pushing that narrative and the audience they worked so hard to please is declaring them woke and ready to abandon them. 

You can't please crazy people.  You'll do whatever they want and lose money and sanity and everything you have in the process and then once you are at your lowest point because of them they'll telly you that you never tried to help them and move on. 
Reply/Quote
Video 
(04-27-2023, 06:56 AM)Nately120 Wrote: It's still bitterly funny that fox knew the rigged election and Trump narratives were BS but they pushed them anyways because it's what their audience wanted to hear. 

2 years later they're paying out their first massive lawsuit for pushing that narrative and the audience they worked so hard to please is declaring them woke and ready to abandon them. 

You can't please crazy people.  You'll do whatever they want and lose money and sanity and everything you have in the process and then once you are at your lowest point because of them they'll telly you that you never tried to help them and move on. 

What we have learned about Fox proves what I've been saying for some time now.  People are using the news looking for affirmation not information

Reply/Quote
I am the only one who speaks the truth and they tried to silence me

Reply/Quote
What is the biggest issue of our time ?

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2023, 06:57 PM)pally Wrote: Tucker had almost no advertising support for his show. Most of the quality advertisers bailed out a long time ago. The only reason Fox could afford to keep him on the air was because of the massive amount of money they made off of carrier fees from cable and streaming companies.  The Fox package has been the 2nd most expensive suite of channels to carry except for the ABC/ESPN/Disney channels.  Fox would regularly hold their sports channels ( and NFL package) hostage to carriers who pushed back against the news stations.

Newsmax and OANN don't have that kind of leverage.  And frankly, adding Tucker still wouldn't give them that kind of leverage.  Unless Tucker's ego allows him to take a huge pay cut, there is no way he is ending up on one of those networks.  They can't afford him.  I see him going the monetized podcast/youtube channel route, where he is the recipient of most of the money.  The Alex Jones crowd has already proven they will shell out millions for the kind of crap they spew.

Great analysis and "material" grounding.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2023, 09:55 AM)pally Wrote: I am the only one who speaks the truth and they tried to silence me

But what if "truth" cuts into market share, and/or your viewers want "truthiness"

and change channels? 

Truth speakers need silencing then, 

before they drop your organization's stock value, 

right? 
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2023, 01:13 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Interesting concept, and I don't know women but I'm not sure women who find being treated like crap by men to be acceptable or admirable are working high-end media jobs, even if the message they broadcast is conservative in nature.  Rather, I feel like they'd be a bit off put that Tucker is treating them the way he should be treating "other women" because they are "the good ones."

I've never come across a conservative/Christian woman who has said "Well, I disagree with you, but you have testicles so I have to admit you are right and instantly submit to you."  Submission is for others, though I guess Tucker is so powerful it might be an honor to have him tread upon you.

Maybe not "admirable," but you'll find some who say "boys will be boys," so nothing we can do about that.

And women should stop being so fragile and sensitive. There is even a movement for this called "power feminism." 
Women who "refuse to be victims" by not whining when men tell demeaning jokes or grab them or whatever. 

Good point about seeing themselves as "the good ones" though--those other sluts deserve it sure. 

I certainly have come across women who have been conditioned to submit to fathers and husbands. They don't say it's just
because they have testicles, but because this is how God wants it. Wives vote as their husbands tell them, etc. Brides may not
marry without the father's consent. He transfers his authority to the husband when he give the bride away. 

If they end up being treated like crap they don't like it, but they can't do much about it without rejecting God's properly
ordained authority. 
Reply/Quote
There is not a woman in the workforce unless they are really lucky or don't work with men, who haven't experienced some sort of sexism, misogyny, or harassment while on the job. If we're lucky it is as innocuous as being called honey or babe or racy jokes. If we aren't it is all out rape. Every woman has to decide how much she will take and what she will do when it crosses her line. It is far easier to make a complaint when it is a peer causing the problems than it is when it is someone powerful in the organization, one who has been protected by his bosses like Tucker Carlson. In reality, no woman likes it, but they feel helpless. The job is their livilihood. To be in media is often a lifelong dream. Far too many women end up quietly walking away because their organization is set up to protect the harasser. If they make too much noise on the way out, the risk the possibility of blackballing themselves in their industry.

It isn't easy

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2023, 06:17 PM)pally Wrote: There is not a woman in the workforce unless they are really lucky or don't work with men, who haven't experienced some sort of sexism, misogyny, or harassment while on the job.  If we're lucky it is as innocuous as being called honey or babe or racy jokes.  If we aren't it is all out rape.  Every woman has to decide how much she will take and what she will do when it crosses her line. 

What's interesting about this is that it sure seems like the men who dismiss stuff like this or act like women are being too sensitive will go completely 0 to 100 at the mere idea of a man doing this to them.  Take the smallest incident you've experienced and imagine how one of the "boys will be boys" fellas who think you're being "hysterical" would react to the same situation.

I suppose that's the nature of being a man.  Your sexual actions are either to be rewarded or ignored and any unwarranted sexual actions towards you are to be accepted or ignored or met with hostility. 

And a bit more on the topic....oy, you love to see it.

[Image: rob_schmitt_tonight_-_07_00_00_pm2.jpg?V...4Km2z5aFKZ]
Reply/Quote
And the hits just keep on coming.  

Essentially everything we knew about Tucker is true and his defenders will keep defending him anyway.

https://www.rawstory.com/tucker-carlson-racist/

Quote:'I have no words': Morning Joe left speechless after supercut of Tucker Carlson's racist comments

Tom Boggioni
May 3, 2023, 7:05 AM ET
[/url] 
On Wednesday morning, MSNBC's "Morning Joe " host Joe Scarborough explained that he is still stunned by the number of commentators still standing up for Fox News personality Tucker Carlson and then made his case by showing a 2-minute supercut of the fired TV hosts on-air racist comments to make his point.

Reacting to new revelations from the New York Times about text messages that Carlson made [url=https://www.rawstory.com/tucker-carlson-2659943854/]that alarmed Fox News lawyers
 -- including admitting a certain amount of glee at watching an Antifa protester being assaulted by pro-Donald Trump partisans -- Scarborough had his producers run the clip twice.

As he introduced the clip, she stated, "I want you guys to play that clip again, and I want you to play the clip because I want these people who are defending Tucker Carlson, I want them to see once again what they're defending. Play the clip."
What followed was Carlson questioning whether white supremacy even exists and asking, "Remember the great replacement theory was a conspiracy theory?" among other ugly comments.

The video player is currently playing an ad.

After watching the clip, a grim-faced Scarborough stated, "I have no words."

You can watch the segment below or at this link.

MSNBC 05 03 2023 06 20 42youtu.be
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2023, 06:56 AM)Nately120 Wrote: It's still bitterly funny that fox knew the rigged election and Trump narratives were BS but they pushed them anyways because it's what their audience wanted to hear. 

100% Correct.  As the old saying goes, "No matter how hard you try, ya just can't fix stupid." 
Reply/Quote