Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Tucker Carlson: Omar 'living proof' US immigration laws are 'dangerous'
My editorial before I post the link:

Carson is living proof that white, male americans cannot accept any kind of criticism and EXPECT everyone who comes to the US to bow down and accept that this is the greatest country God ever created and to keep their mouths shut and be HAPPY they were allowed to even come here.

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/452334-tucker-carlson-omar-living-proof-us-immigration-laws-are-dangerous

Quote:Fox News host Tucker Carlson on Tuesday night said Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.), who came to the U.S. as a refugee from Somalia, is “living proof” that U.S. immigration laws are “dangerous.” 

The host cast Omar as someone who has succeeded in the United States, but has then relentlessly criticized it. He then argued that any country which takes in such people is doomed to fail.

“No country can import large numbers of people who hate it and expect to survive. The Romans were the last to try that with predictable results. So be grateful for Ilhan Omar, annoying as she is. She’s a living fire alarm, a warning to the rest of us,” Carlson said.

The host began his monologue by noting that Omar's father drove a taxi and then got a job with the Postal Service after their family settled in the country. He said the future congresswoman went to a state school, got a job and then eventually was elected to Congress by people proud to elect an immigrant.

"Omar is now at the age of only 36, one of the most powerful women in America. It's an amazing story really.  Only in this country could it have happened," he said.  

"Ilhan Omar has an awful lot to be grateful for, but she isn't grateful. Not at all," Carlson then said. "After everything America has done for Omar and for her family, she hates this country more than ever." 

“Omar isn’t disappointed in America. She’s enraged by it,” he continued. “That should worry you, and not just because Omar is a sitting member of Congress. Ilhan Omar is living proof that the way we practice immigration has become dangerous to this country.”

Carlson said Omar, who moved to the U.S. as a child after living in a Kenyan refugee camp, shows that immigration laws are “undermining” America. 

“Maybe that is our fault for asking too little of our immigrants. We aren’t self-confident enough to make them assimilate, so they never feel fully American. Or maybe the problem is deeper than that. Maybe we are importing people from places whose values are simply antithetical to ours. Who knows what the problem is, but there is a problem, and whatever that cause this cannot continue. It’s not sustainable,” Carlson said. 

The Minnesota progressive has been outspoken on issues of discrimination during her first term in the House.
When asked for comment, Omar's office pointed The Hill to her tweet on Tuesday night, in which she fired back at Carlson.

"Not gonna lie, it’s kinda fun watching a racist fool like this weeping about my presence in Congress. No lies will stamp out my love for this country or my resolve to make our union more perfect," Omar tweeted in response to Carlson's Tuesday remarks. "They will just have to get used to calling me Congresswoman!"

Carlson has previously gone after Omar as a “symbol of America’s failed immigration system.” The Fox News host has been accused of promoting white nationalism in the past for his rhetoric criticizing immigrants.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(07-10-2019, 12:42 PM)GMDino Wrote: My editorial before I post the link:

Carson is living proof that white, male americans cannot accept any kind of criticism and EXPECT everyone who comes to the US to bow down and accept that this is the greatest country God ever created and to keep their mouths shut and be HAPPY they were allowed to even come here.

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/452334-tucker-carlson-omar-living-proof-us-immigration-laws-are-dangerous

Nothing like starting a thread about dangerous, racist, blanket statements about groups of people with a racist blanket statement about a group of people.  Well done.
(07-10-2019, 12:48 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Nothing like starting a thread about dangerous, racist, blanket statements about groups of people with a racist blanket statement about a group of people.  Well done.

Hilarious

I love when people don't get it.

That's why you're one of my favorite posters....your singular opinion of me taints what you read.  It's a beautiful thing really.

But don't take my "dangerous, racist, blanket statement" personally SSF...I love you.  

Carson is merely another in a long line of white males in this who say and do such things about immigrants.  "Love it or leave it" ain't new.  

If that is wrong...prove it.   Otherwise have a WONDERFUL day!
LOL who "hates" Amerika more--Dino or Omar?!?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: YxvtrgV.png]
(07-10-2019, 12:42 PM)GMDino Wrote: “No country can import large numbers of people who hate it and expect to survive. The Romans were the last to try that with predictable results. So be grateful for Ilhan Omar, annoying as she is. She’s a living fire alarm, a warning to the rest of us,” Carlson said.

People Rome "imported" didn't like it because they were mostly slaves.

Still, Rome was the longest lasting state in history--over 2,200 years if you combine eastern and western Empire as continuous administration.

Conservatives and Classical allusions--i.e., history--don't mix well.  Whatever is he talking about?
Tucker nailed it and as the Demos always do she plays the race card.
(07-10-2019, 01:02 PM)GMDino Wrote: Hilarious

No, we all got it.

Quote:That's why you're one of my favorite posters....your singular opinion of me taints what you read.  It's a beautiful thing really.

My opinion of you as a person has nothing to do with my reading comprehension.  Or are you now trying to play it off as an ironic statement?  It certainly wasn't written that way.

Quote:But don't take my "dangerous, racist, blanket statement" personally SSF...I love you.  

Please quote me correctly.  I said your statement was a racist blanket statement, which it is.  I did not say it was dangerous.

Quote:Carson is merely another in a long line of white males in this who say and do such things about immigrants.  "Love it or leave it" ain't new.  

Doubling down on the racism, well done.  Here's a small hint, if you replace "white" with any other ethnicity and it makes the statement sound racist it's because it always was.

Quote:If that is wrong...prove it.   Otherwise have a WONDERFUL day!

Your statement is worded in such a way as to imply that this is exclusively a white male issue.  Human history demonstrably shows this is not the case.  If you need this to be proven then I truly lament the quality of education you have received to this point in your life.  The irony of your post is that you fail to see how much it directly applies to you.  Willful blindness is a sad state of being.
(07-10-2019, 01:02 PM)GMDino Wrote: Hilarious

That's why you're one of my favorite posters....your singular opinion of me taints what you read.  It's a beautiful thing really.

But don't take my "dangerous, racist, blanket statement" personally SSF...I love you.  

Carson is merely another in a long line of white males in this who say and do such things about immigrants.  "Love it or leave it" ain't new.  

If that is wrong...prove it.   Otherwise have a WONDERFUL day!

Of course Trump supporters will attack you and say nothing about the hateful and racist statement made by a public figure on TV. That's how they avoid speaking ill of these Nazi's and Supremacist.

Trump supporters, if you are going to attack one, then at least attack the other too. This type of hypocrisy must stop.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
(07-10-2019, 02:26 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Tucker nailed it and as the Demos always do she plays the race card.

Nothing like a racist comment to excite the base.

You guys are seeing how far away America is from getting past it's ugly history.

Now imagine how many people in power think like Masonbengals.

And think of how they've treated minorities over the years in these positions.

Now you know the struggle.

(07-10-2019, 02:57 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: No, we all got it.

My opinion of you as a person has nothing to do with my reading comprehension.  Or are you now trying to play it off as an ironic statement?  It certainly wasn't written that way.

Please quote me correctly.  I said your statement was a racist blanket statement, which it is.  I did not say it was dangerous.

Doubling down on the racism, well done.  Here's a small hint, if you replace "white" with any other ethnicity and it makes the statement sound racist it's because it always was.

Your statement is worded in such a way as to imply that this is exclusively a white male issue.  Human history demonstrably shows this is not the case.  If you need this to be proven then I truly lament the quality of education you have received to this point in your life.  The irony of your post is that you fail to see how much it directly applies to you.  Willful blindness is a sad state of being.

I read all this and all I could think was "He thinks I'm Tucker Carlson...he should like me more."

I did add "dangerous" when you didn't repeat that adjective when comparing my words to Tucker's.  point to Slytherin!

EDit: to add that the phrase "it wasn't written that way" is wrong. Know one can know how a sentence is "written" unless they were there or they wrote it. More correctly it was how you read it in your head. And we all read things with out own biases.

"love it or leave it" and Tucker's commentary is the exclusivity of white males in the US.  All the personal attacks by you on my education and whatnot is just not worth responding to beyond that.

Comment on if you think Tucker is right or wrong and try to leave your personal bias against me out of it. Oh, wait...you think his words are "dangerous". But mine are too? But then he's attacking a favorite target of the right (and yours) so maybe that's why MY words are so bad.

Thanx!
The Romans rammed the ramparts, but they didn't secure the airports. Classic military blunder if you're a student of Airland Battle doctrine like Washington and Trump.
(07-10-2019, 03:29 PM)jj22 Wrote: Nothing like a racist comment to excite the base.

Odd then that GMDino's failed to bother you at all.  Or maybe you missed it?

(07-10-2019, 03:36 PM)GMDino Wrote: I read all this and all I could think was "He thinks I'm Tucker Carlson...he should like me more."

No, I think you're you based on what you've posted here over the years.

Quote:I did add "dangerous" when you didn't repeat that adjective when comparing my words to Tucker's.  point to Slytherin!

Thank you for the accuracy as I omitted "dangerous" intentionally.

Quote:EDit: to add that the phrase "it wasn't written that way" is wrong.  Know one can know how a sentence is "written" unless they were there or they wrote it.  More correctly it was how you read it in your head.  And we all read things with out own biases.

Incorrect, it wasn't written that way.  No interpretation was required by me because I read it exactly as written.  If you're attempting to walk it back now just say so and be done with it.

Quote:"love it or leave it" and Tucker's commentary is the exclusivity of white males in the US.  All the personal attacks by you on my education and whatnot is just not worth responding to beyond that.

Really, I suppose people like Ann Coulter are going to be disappointed you haven't noticed them to date.  I suppose we can add sexist to your racist statement.  You're really wracking them up.

Quote:Comment on if you think Tucker is right or wrong and try to leave your personal bias against me out of it.  Oh, wait...you think his words are "dangerous".  But mine are too?

Why are you repeating a falsehood that you retracted above.  I did not say your words are dangerous.  Can you not strive for consistency even within the same post?

Quote:But then he's attacking a favorite target of the right (and yours) so maybe that's why MY words are so bad.

She's not a favorite target of mine.  I've discussed her when her antisemtisim surfaced on more than one occasion.  I do believe she is an anti-Semite.  Beyond that you have no basis to make this accusation.  Your words are bad because they are bad on their own.  They need no connection to anything else to be properly labeled as such. 

Quote:Thanx!

You're most welcome.
Tucker is a racist. This is just one in a long line of racist things that he has said. He is not a fan of immigrants at all.

It's a shame that he remains popular despite how blatantly racist he is.

What kind of person likes listening to racists?
(07-10-2019, 04:12 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Tucker is a racist. This is just one in a long line of racist things that he has said. He is not a fan of immigrants at all.

Other racists plus people who think FOX represents the "truth" so they can "overlook" his racist stuff.  

Many people probably don't even think what he says is racist...they just think that he's right but that race is only something Democrats use to defend themselves.  Mellow
(07-10-2019, 04:15 PM)GMDino Wrote: Other racists plus people who think FOX represents the "truth" so they can "overlook" his racist stuff.  

Many people probably don't even think what he says is racist...they just think that he's right but that race is only something Democrats use to defend themselves.  Mellow

Whaaaaat? Are you claiming that people who like listening to a racist may be racist?

That seems like quite the extreme stance to take...
(07-10-2019, 04:12 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Tucker is a racist. This is just one in a long line of racist things that he has said. He is not a fan of immigrants at all.

Carson Tucker very well be racist; I must say I've not listened to him enough to form a declarative opinion; however, I didn't see him discuss race in the OP.

As to the type of people that like listening to him...I'd say those that care enough to start threads about what he says or have listened to him enough to declare he's a racist.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(07-10-2019, 04:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Carson Tucker very well be racist; I must say I've not listened to him enough to form a declarative opinion; however, I didn't see him discuss race in the OP.

As to the type of people that like listening to him...I'd say those that care enough to start threads about what he says or have listened to him enough to declare he's a racist.

Your were thisclose to actually not being wrong.

Some people DO listen to him to expose him...and the people who "like" him.  The people who do that don't "like" was Tucker says...they want to let the rest of the world know that a guy is saying all kinds of awful things.
(07-10-2019, 04:28 PM)GMDino Wrote: Your were thisclose to actually not being wrong.

Some people DO listen to him to expose him...and the people who "like" him.  The people who do that don't "like" was Tucker says...they want to let the rest of the world know that a guy is saying all kinds of awful things.

Dang!!! I really thought I had a chance of not being wrong this time. 

Why would folks want to spread hate; seems they'd like to silence it?  

CDJ asked what type of person likes listening to racists, not who likes racist messages. I simply provided an apparently wrong answer.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

It's all very disappointing that this type of talk excites so many people in 2019. 2019!

We've got a long way to go as a people still.