Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turkey shooting down Russian planes
They are pretty dumb shooting down a Russia plane. What makes them think they can push Putin around? Obama I could see.... But not Putin.

I can't imagine what Significant consequences are in Putin's mind.
[Image: 400x308]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
No one is afraid of Russia. That is why people blow up and shoot down their planes.

Also notice that NO ONE is blowing up or shooting down any of our planes
Not sure why you think we like Putin.

He has terrible policies . But it's easy to respect his toughness and strength. How you think that equates to a romance is beyond me .
(11-24-2015, 03:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No one is afraid of Russia.  That is why people blow up and shoot down their planes.

Also notice that NO ONE is blowing up or shooting down any of our planes

Russia has been flying in our airspace and The Brits airspace.

I hope Putin smacks them back. What's predictable is that Obama is backing turkey.
(11-24-2015, 03:59 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Not sure why you think we like Putin.    

He has terrible policies .  But it's easy to respect his toughness and strength.   How you think that equates to a romance is beyond me .

Mellow

(11-24-2015, 03:59 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Not sure why you think we like Putin.    

He has terrible policies .  But it's easy to respect his toughness and strength.   How you think that equates to a romance is beyond me .

Mellow

[Image: BihuOlVIYAA3Q5Y.jpg:medium]
(11-24-2015, 04:07 PM)GMDino Wrote: Mellow

Mellow

[Image: BihuOlVIYAA3Q5Y.jpg:medium]

So just because you respect someone your in love with them?

I respect Bernie sanders .... Does this mean that I am now supporting him?
(11-24-2015, 04:11 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: So just because you respect someone your in love with them?  

I respect Bernie sanders .... Does this mean that I am now supporting him?

You respect a tyrant.  That's all that needs said.

[Image: Bh4r4VnCUAANTfX.png:medium]
Because they have NATO to back them up... Putin can't retaliate.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(11-24-2015, 03:36 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: They are pretty dumb shooting down a Russia plane.   What makes them think they can push Putin around?   Obama I could see.... But not Putin.  

I can't imagine what Significant consequences are in Putin's mind.

Putin will do nothing. People seriously give Russia far too much credit.
(11-24-2015, 04:43 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Because they have NATO to back them up... Putin can't retaliate.

Yup. Turkey is one of the biggest NATO members, not some already divided country he can have a proxy war.

The funny part is, Conservatives in their Communist swoon fest will gloss over this. 'Oh, he was preoccupied with Syria.' On the other hand, if it had been Obama who was unable to respond, they'd be jumping up and down.
(11-24-2015, 03:59 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote:  But it's easy to respect his toughness and strength.   

No it isn't.  Did you respect Michael Brown's toughness and strength when he stole those cigars from that convenience store?

Anyone who respects the brutality of a bully has serious issues.
Turkey is one place that Russia doesn't want to mess around with for a variety of reasons. They have the second largest army in NATO (behind the U.S.), and that army is well trained with modern weapons and tactics.

But if that were not reason enough, consider this: Turkey is part of the nuclear sharing policy countries in NATO. There are 90 B61 nuclear bombs are hosted at the Incirlik Air Base, 40 of which are allocated for use by the Turkish Air Force in case of a nuclear conflict.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Does Russia even celebrate Thanksgiving?

Seriously though, I heard the pilot had been warned 10 times.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Putin is a very powerful and effective leader for the Russian government. He's consistent so others know exactly what to expect. He's flexes his power just to make sure it's not forgotten. That doesn't mean the Russian government is good for people in or out of Russia.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
(11-24-2015, 06:53 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Putin is a very powerful and effective leader for the Russian government. He's consistent so others know exactly what to expect. He's flexes his power just to make sure it's not forgotten. That doesn't mean the Russian government is good for people in or out of Russia.

Exactly. Get ready to be called a Putin lover
(11-24-2015, 06:45 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: Does Russia even celebrate Thanksgiving?

Seriously though, I heard the pilot had been warned 10 times.

Yes but the Russian pilot was only in Turkish airspace for 20-40 seconds and was heading out when they were shot down.
(11-24-2015, 06:53 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Putin is a very powerful and effective leader for the Russian government. He's consistent so others know exactly what to expect. He's flexes his power just to make sure it's not forgotten. That doesn't mean the Russian government is good for people in or out of Russia.

(11-24-2015, 07:47 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Exactly.   Get ready to be called a Putin lover

So who would you guys rather have leading the United States?  Putin or Obama?

This is the main reason that so many people accuse the conservatives of loving Putin.  So many of them claim that Putin is superior to Obama, and that is just ridiculous.  If all you want is violence and abuse of power then why not just go for Hitler?  It takes some real big balls to murder millions of people that you don't like.
(11-24-2015, 07:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So who would you guys rather have leading the United States?  Putin or Obama?

I can't choose the lesser of two evils. The US government is less oppressive to it's citizens than Russia's government so I wouldn't want to go backwards.

I hope no one confuses me with a conservative, but of course Hitler was a notoriously strong leader himself. He used his abilities to promote government systematically murdering people he didn't like.

I almost referenced Machiavelli's The Prince in my original post. The point being being a strong leader doesn't mean you're a good guy or a better leader than someone who believes in freedom. He's been a strong leader for the Russian government, but that doesn't mean he's likeable.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
(11-24-2015, 05:44 PM)Benton Wrote: Yup. Turkey is one of the biggest NATO members, not some already divided country he can have a proxy war.

The funny part is, Conservatives in their Communist swoon fest will gloss over this. 'Oh, he was preoccupied with Syria.' On the other hand, if it had been Obama who was unable to respond, they'd be jumping up and down.

Yea, this isn't Russia playing police man in the parts of the former Soviet Union that never joined NATO, taking on Georgia or the Ukraine while they're dealing with a political crisis. 

Turkey is a big boy with big friends. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]