Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turner is out, who is available?
(01-02-2021, 07:57 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I’d support Willie Anderson as new OL coach. He runs his own OL academy that trains high school, college, and pro players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(01-02-2021, 08:23 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: Munoz or Willie. I know, people will shout, "No NFL coaching experience!" For me, though, they know technique and skills and I am confident they will command respect from players and can learn to coach and teach along the way.

While I would welcome Big Willie back in town, there is an on-line petition on Twitter saying to bring Willie in for the job. One of the the replies is very telling about that possibility.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Being a guy who played along side Willie I'm guessing they are still in touch.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 03:29 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: While I would welcome Big Willie back in town, there is an on-line petition on Twitter saying to bring Willie in for the job. One of the the replies is very telling about that possibility.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I am not surprised.  Willie did not leave on the best terms with the front office.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 03:29 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: While I would welcome Big Willie back in town, there is an on-line petition on Twitter saying to bring Willie in for the job. One of the the replies is very telling about that possibility.

Koostra looking for a job. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2021, 08:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If we're going former player. I'd see if Whit is ready for a change. 

I like Whit a lot as a player, but wouldn't he bring in the Paul Alexander way of Oline scheme and technique? Or maybe there is a Rams way theat can come and compliment what ZT is trying to do.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 12:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: But he's be working FOR his son. How many fathers would want to do that?

Callahan wanted to come here in 2019. All the beat guys mentioned that he wanted to work with Brian when he was hired here. He fully expected Washington to let him go in 2019, but they kept him. The FO did consider doing the rare "draft pick for coach" trade to get him before deciding against it. This led to Turner being hired. 

When Callahan was available this past offseason the FO didn't even think of replacing Turner. Taylor was content/happy with Turner.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Despite what koostra said,I think hes wrong. I follow willie on twitter and he acts like he would want to coach
I'd take him over turner,but I'm hoping for Callahan. The guy we should of hired.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 12:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: But he's be working FOR his son. How many fathers would want to do that?

I hear ya, but I think I would actually like that...
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2021, 05:45 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I was going to ask this in another thread, but I felt it deserved a place of its own to be discussed.

The news is out, Jim Turner is gone!

[Image: 13f.gif]

So, now the question is, who is out there and available that you'd like to see brought in for interview?

shouldnt the new HC decide?
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 03:12 AM)BengalsFanRealist2855 Wrote: Despite what koostra said,I think hes wrong. I follow willie on twitter and he acts like he would want to coach

I am sure he does want to coach.

Just not for the Bengals.  He left on bad terms with the front office.  Fans who claim the Bengals never cut veterans under contract forget that they did it to Willie.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 02:15 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I can't imagine many wouldn't. How proud he would be that his son excelled to the point he is now working for him. Someone would have to be a giant douche not to wish such success on their son.

Where did I say a parent should not wish success on their child?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 03:12 AM)BengalsFanRealist2855 Wrote: Despite what koostra said,I think hes wrong. I follow willie on twitter and he acts like he would want to coach
I'd take him over turner,but I'm hoping for Callahan. The guy we should of hired.

No one is saying that Willie doesn’t want to coach. We (and Scott) are saying he doesn’t want to coach for the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
https://twitter.com/bigwillie7179/status/1346109223688663041?s=21

Yeah I don’t think he wants any part of this ownership Whatever
Reply/Quote
Lapham threw out the name of Scott Peters the Browns Assistant OL coach

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2021, 05:45 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I was going to ask this in another thread, but I felt it deserved a place of its own to be discussed.

So, now the question is, who is out there and available that you'd like to see brought in for interview?

Well at least there is SOME good news around here, needed a new OL coach badly. Jeff Quinn comes to mind out of ND.

Has lots of experience and has coached some good OL's there at Notre Dame.

If Taylor is staying and he wants someone him and Brian Callahan are familiar with I would like either Sherman or Bill, Brian's
dad. Would have to offer Bill an Assistant OC or Assistant HC job though. Would love to bring in Willie Anderson as well.

Eason out too, might need to start a DL coach thread.
Reply/Quote

This is a very easy call,the guy I want and have wanted for years is already in the building and that is MR. DAVE LAPHAM. He would be a super O-line coach and believe me he would get the most out of his players.They are stupid if they fail to offer him a deal he couldn't refuse.He would make our O-line the best and I truly believe that and his assistant could be the HOF Mr. Anthony Munoz.Now that is a winning team,folks.Mr Brown will be hearing from me.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 04:39 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: This is a very easy call,the guy I want and have wanted for years is already in the building and that is MR. DAVE LAPHAM. He would be a super O-line coach and believe me he would get the most out of his players.They are stupid if they fail to offer him a deal he couldn't refuse.He would make our O-line the best and I truly believe that and his assistant could be the HOF Mr. Anthony Munoz.Now that is a winning team,folks.Mr Brown will be hearing from me.

would he take the job though? seems to like the radio bit
Reply/Quote
I think folks are waaaay off. Martin will likely replace Turner. They wouldn't have forced an assistant OLine coach on a new Oline Coach.

Just like they didn't force the assistant DL coach on the new DL coach..

The meltdown is coming.

The Oline Coach position is filled and it's Ben Martin.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
one thing to think about is when Taylor was hired we also gave him the largest coaching staff in team history for support. And that hasnt paid out well either so i imagine if we are going to be bad we are going to be bad with less coaches. cause why pay more for the same.
Reply/Quote
I didn't read through the whole thread, and I'm sure someone has said it, but just in case they haven't... Paul Alexander

You can scoff all you'd like, but I have to believe if they were somehow betting odds placed on potential hires that he'd be in the top 5.

The man coached here for 24 years, and was pretty much on the inside as a Duke Tobin. In fact, he was valued so much he survived 4 coaching changes, and was given the title "Assistant Head Coach" during Marvin's tenure.

I would have to think he would jump on the opportunity. I think he's been reduced to being an advisor to some team in Germany, public speaking, and breaking down prospects on Twitter than gets about 15 views. He may be involved in camps too.

Do I want him? Definitely not. But after seeing how this front office has handled the end of the season I would not at all put it past them to bring the Piano Man back.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 04:39 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: This is a very easy call,the guy I want and have wanted for years is already in the building and that is MR. DAVE LAPHAM. He would be a super O-line coach and believe me he would get the most out of his players.They are stupid if they fail to offer him a deal he couldn't refuse.He would make our O-line the best

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote