Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Two different people in the last 24 hours have told me "Clint Boling is done" - JG
do they mean done for the season or done forever?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I've got the rest of the story from 3 reliable sources:

Boling is DONE with bargain brand garbage bags that rip too easily.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-26-2019, 09:39 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Atleast its falling apart early, maybe we can get an early draft pick atleast rather than this middle of the draft or worse stuff we like to do.

Yep. We need to truly bottom out to really get better. The last time we got an absolute stud that came in and dominated right off the bat was AJ at 4. Those are the kind of players we need.

Then again, even if we pick that high our player will probably get injured and miss his rookie year anyway...

Reply/Quote
(06-26-2019, 11:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I've got the rest of the story from 3 reliable sources:

He's done remodeling his kitchen.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2019, 11:01 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Maybe they meant Clint Boling is done rehabbing his injury?

Fingers crossed.

Who knows? Before he left the BBP, Dehner had mentioned that Boling would not be interested in a new contract. The way he made it sound was as if Boling is mulling calling it a career. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2019, 10:18 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Glenn was arguably NEVER a Top 5 Tackle.

At his best he was maybe a Top 15 Tackle. He hasn't been healthy for 3 seasons at this point.

Honestly...if he'd just be average it's an improvement.

He was top 10 in 15. You're right though he doesn't need to be great he just needs to be solid. If he can do that with our skill position group the offense could be deadly.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2019, 12:42 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yep. We need to truly bottom out to really get better. The last time we got an absolute stud that came in and dominated right off the bat was AJ at 4. Those are the kind of players we need.

Then again, even if we pick that high our player will probably get injured and miss his rookie year anyway...

We've had the #9 pick and two #11 picks over the last three years. Each of those should be top flight starters, but none of those have bore fruit yet. The #9 pick was an oft injured player with one good college season. One #11 pick was traded and resulted in Glenn (who has an injury history) and Price (who was injured at the combine). The other #11 pick is now on the shelf for a year.

Reply/Quote
(06-26-2019, 10:19 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We're not going to compete this year. They won't say that...but it's true.

That's an absolute BS statement. 
We have a really Good secondary, really good Defensive Line(when you add a healthy Carl Lawson), an awesome amount of skill position players, and a good QB. Are we Superbowl favorites no but this team can and will compete if they remain decently healthy. 
J24

Reply/Quote
(06-27-2019, 01:24 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: That's an absolute BS statement. 
We have a really Good secondary, really good Defensive Line(when you add a healthy Carl Lawson), an awesome amount of skill position players, and a good QB. Are we Superbowl favorites no but this team can and will compete if they remain decently healthy. 

I think we are favored to get maybe to 6 wins, if we're lucky.

Reply/Quote
(06-27-2019, 01:30 AM)BengalChris Wrote: I think we are favored to get maybe to 6 wins, if we're lucky.

We were 4-1 after 5 games last season. The truth is injuries derailed our season last season. Green and Dalton didn't play a single Game together in the 2nd half of the season. This team is underrated point blank.
J24

Reply/Quote
(06-27-2019, 01:24 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: That's an absolute BS statement. 

Already down two starters from the O-line and it isn't even training camp. I think it is safe to say they are not staying healthy.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Maybe our new Oline coach hazed him into retirement.
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2019, 01:36 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: We were 4-1 after 5 games last season. The truth is injuries derailed our season last season. Green and Dalton didn't play a single Game together in the 2nd half of the season. This team is underrated point blank.

And those injured players are another year older and the influx of youth has not taken hold as planned. Regardless of what the fans think, we aren't favored to win much.

Individually we have talent at key positions, but the depth is weak. If Mixon were to go down there's no one close to his talent. Mike Brown doesn't keep a talented backup QB cause rookie deals are so much cheaper. After Green we have Boyd, but they are both our starters. No one to come in and take up the slack when one of them is missing, as last year proved.

Who exactly are our backup OTs??? Jerry play some backup LT for part of one season in Miami. Maybe it's him.

Would any of our LBers start on a decent NFL team? I doubt it.

We have talent in the secondary and the D line and with the starting skilled positions on offense. After that it's really just a bunch of so-so guys.

Reply/Quote
(06-27-2019, 01:21 AM)BengalChris Wrote: We've had the #9 pick and two #11 picks over the last three years. Each of those should be top flight starters, but none of those have bore fruit yet. The #9 pick was an oft injured player with one good college season. One #11 pick was traded and resulted in Glenn (who has an injury history) and Price (who was injured at the combine). The other #11 pick is now on the shelf for a year.

I don’t really understand what you arguing, but you’re helping my point that we need higher picks to get actual difference makers like AJ. Much harder to screw those picks up. Although Mike Brown certainly has in the past.

Reply/Quote
anyone else hearing the rumors Boling is done with football.......it all started with him not listed as a starter after 5 + years of being one of our anchors on the line......hate to hear he's done with football...
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Two-different-people-in-the-last-24-hours-have-told-me-Clint-Boling-is-done-JG

Reply/Quote
(06-26-2019, 10:19 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We're not going to compete this year. They won't say that...but it's true.

If by “compete” you mean “contend”, Yeah that was never gonna happen this season anyway. I am optimistic about the future with Zac Taylor but I don’t see any serious noise being made here with Marvin’s declining core.
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2019, 11:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I've got the rest of the story from 3 reliable sources:

So he's done with Mike Brown?  Hilarious
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(06-27-2019, 03:53 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I don’t really understand what you arguing, but you’re helping my point that we need higher picks to get actual difference makers like AJ. Much harder to screw those picks up. Although Mike Brown certainly has in the past.

I'm not arguing anything really except that you can get top notch players without selecting them in the top 5 or 6 or 4.

Pick #9 and #11 are high picks. Should be able to field a day one starter with pro bowl potential rather easily with those picks.

Our 2nd round picks have been much better than our 1st of late. Mixon > Ross, Bates > Price and Fisher > Ogbuehi (Although both sucked).

AJ Green was our last day one starter from the 1st round before Price last year (who played injured and had a weak season). In 2006, 2007 and 2008 we had 3 straight day one starters from the 1st round. Those picks were JJoe, Leon and Rivers. Rivers being the highest, yet worst of the three picks. In 2010 we selected Gresham (1st), Dunlap (2nd) and Atikins (4th).

With our micro-scouting department it's hard to really know a lot about the players and the team relies heavily on other people's opinions than its own.

Reply/Quote
It is going to be a tough year.

Is everyone forgetting how utterly awful the D and o line were last year?

Teams will run the ball down our throat and Dalton will be running for his life once again.

This is a re-build situation and the worst part is the fact that our best players are nearing retirement or last contracts that may be too inflated for their true value.

2 to 3 years before the team contends again, assuming smart personnel choices are made during this period of time.

Hopefully we can draft a franchise QB in 2020.
Reply/Quote