Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tyler Boyd ??
(05-12-2017, 01:11 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I doubt the Receivers would care either. Got some classy guys here. AJ Green, Lafell, Boyd, Ross are all selfless.

I swear if the O-line can hold up this is one hell of an Offense to even try to slow down.

And i am still mostly excited for the Defense with the additions of Minter, Billings, Willis, Lawson, WJ3 etc.

Marv has probably the best team he has ever had, too bad i have no confidence in him outcoaching in a Playoff game.

to help the OL we probly spread out the field and pick up the tempo..

Let Dalton run the no hudle and call the plays....
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2017, 03:23 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: to help the OL we probly spread out the field and pick up the tempo..

Let Dalton run the no hudle and call the plays....

That's what it seems the Bengals are looking to do given the additions of Ross and Mixon. Spread out the defense to have less players attacking the LOS.
Hope it works.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2017, 10:40 AM)depthchart Wrote: Just to add one thing.
A Healthy Tyler Eifert can take it to another level beyond what it was during the Chad, Housh and Henry era.
Now Ross, AJ, Boyd plus Tyler Eifert could make this extra special.

Absolutely.  And Uzomah flashed some big time potential which is saying something as raw as he was coming out of college.  I will add one more:  Joe Mixon could be what Hill was (or better) his rookie season.  

It has the makings of a 5,000 yard, 40 TD season for Andy Dalton...Yes, I wrote that and will stand behind it.  I could care less about stats, but as I look at the offensive potential and the improvements on defense getting the ball back in their hands, I could see some amazing numbers for Dalton and Co.

They just have to keep the foot on the gas when they are ahead.  
Reply/Quote
XenoMorph Wrote:Malone might be the guy that doesn't get much playing time this year at least on offense.  could be active for special teams

You're right, but even if he could play more reps it's likely its a lot of go routes and button hooks anyway, not that detrimental.  He should get a lot done with the other AJ in practice though. 
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2017, 03:54 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Absolutely.  And Uzomah flashed some big time potential which is saying something as raw as he was coming out of college.  I will add one more:  Joe Mixon could be what Hill was (or better) his rookie season.  

It has the makings of a 5,000 yard, 40 TD season for Andy Dalton...Yes, I wrote that and will stand behind it.  I could care less about stats, but as I look at the offensive potential and the improvements on defense getting the ball back in their hands, I could see some amazing numbers for Dalton and Co.

They just have to keep the foot on the gas when they are ahead.  

I could see Mixon achieving about 1000-1200 total yards this season and possibly a 1300-1500 total yards per season in his prime.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-12-2017, 12:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Still doesn't mean Boyd is a burner like Ross or Core who are great at getting seperation and beating Secondarys deep.

Nearly every CB in the NFL runs a 4.45 or faster. They can stick with Boyd.

Ross? No one can.

Edit: And this is no slight on Boyd, as i said the guy runs great routes and has great hands. Love the guy.

True he isn't as fast as those guys, but just being faster isn't the only way to beat a defender. Green only ran a 4.50 and I hope nobody says he's to slow to get open. Boyd's rout running gets him open and 4.5 is fast enough to go over the top or not get caught from behind.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2017, 04:16 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: True he isn't as fast as those guys, but just being faster isn't the only way to beat a defender. Green only ran a 4.50 and I hope nobody says he's to slow to get open.  Boyd's rout running gets him open and 4.5 is fast enough to go over the top or not get caught from behind.

All true Yojimbo, all true. Rock On
Reply/Quote
Boyd is not an outside receiver.

Let me explain. No Boyd isnt a smaller guy but hes not gonna win outside being physical boxing out corners running through jams like Lafell, Green, or Sanu. Boyd isnt slow he runs a high 4.4 to low 4.5 but he doesn't have the explosion off the line to eat up cushion like Ross or Marvin Jones. What Boyd does best is sit in the slot read coverages and uses hid quick feet and good hands to win inside....Like Jordan Shipley.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(05-11-2017, 03:59 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: In this era:

AJ Green will be our Chad Johnson
Tyler Boyd our TJ Houshmandzadeh
John Ross our Chris Henry

^This^

I mean sure Boyd may play some outside but I'd bet this is what pretty much will play out to in the end. Boyd will become more of a possession/slot type.
Reply/Quote
Boyd is a slot WR. I actually think this solidifies him as a pretty solid role player.
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2017, 03:59 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: In this era:

AJ Green will be our Chad Johnson
Tyler Boyd our TJ Houshmandzadeh
John Ross our Chris Henry

i sure hope so
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2017, 04:16 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: True he isn't as fast as those guys, but just being faster isn't the only way to beat a defender. Green only ran a 4.50 and I hope nobody says he's to slow to get open.  Boyd's rout running gets him open and 4.5 is fast enough to go over the top or not get caught from behind.

The issue there is we know AJ can win over the top and we all saw Boyd have no success winning over the top last year.  Boyd's playing speed more closely resembles the 4.58 he ran at the combine than the 4.5 he ran at his Pro day.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2017, 08:06 PM)magikod Wrote: i sure hope so

Me too. They have all the potential in the world, just gotta be smart and stay healthy. 
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2017, 04:57 PM)Synric Wrote: Boyd is not an outside receiver.

Let me explain. No Boyd isnt a smaller guy but hes not gonna win outside being physical boxing out corners running through jams like Lafell, Green, or Sanu. Boyd isnt slow he runs a high 4.4 to low 4.5 but he doesn't have the explosion off the line to eat up cushion like Ross or Marvin Jones. What Boyd does best is sit in the slot read coverages and uses hid quick feet and good hands to win inside....Like Jordan Shipley.

Jordan Shipley? That's a terrible comparison. 

Reply/Quote
Boyd's status is the same as last year. He will be an important part of the offense.

Ross comes in with medical concerns that will put him behind as far as conditioning and getting up to speed in the NFL. Honestly, Ross probably makes very little impact this season.

Boyd has shown he can handle the pro game as a rookie and that should translate to him being even better this year. There is no real reason to assume Ross cuts into Boyd's playing time at this point. Boyd has shown he can play in the NFL, Ross has not. When Ross has 16 games under his belt and isn't on IR, then this topic comes up. Of course, when that time comes, LaFell will probably be a FA and Boyd stays as a top 3 target on the team.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(05-12-2017, 08:57 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Jordan Shipley? That's a terrible comparison. 

Nah not fast but quick, not physical but smart. Great feel for holes in the defense....Do you prefer Randell Cobb?
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(05-12-2017, 08:07 PM)Whatever Wrote: The issue there is we know AJ can win over the top and we all saw Boyd have no success winning over the top last year.  Boyd's playing speed more closely resembles the 4.58 he ran at the combine than the 4.5 he ran at his Pro day.

I think a lot of fans missed out on a pretty great rookie season during a shitty year. With a year of experience, Boyd will be improved mentally and physically. Faster, stronger, smarter.

1:42

https://youtu.be/MTBUEB1Avgg
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2017, 09:01 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Boyd's status is the same as last year. He will be an important part of the offense.

Ross comes in with medical concerns that will put him behind as far as conditioning and getting up to speed in the NFL. Honestly, Ross probably makes very little impact this season.

Boyd has shown he can handle the pro game as a rookie and that should translate to him being even better this year. There is no real reason to assume Ross cuts into Boyd's playing time at this point. Boyd has shown he can play in the NFL, Ross has not. When Ross has 16 games under his belt and isn't on IR, then this topic comes up. Of course, when that time comes, LaFell will probably be a FA and Boyd stays as a top 3 target on the team.

While i completely agree that Boyd is more polished as of right now, if John Ross is healthy his mere presence on the field will change things.

If John Ross has 16 games under his belt.... Lots of great shit happened.

Last year we needed a deep threat when Green went down, we were calling for Core at the time cause Lafell and Boyd are not deep threats.

When Core came in he provided this. We cannot ignore this blatant truth and act like Boyd is a great deep threat.

Boyd is a great possession receiver with good hands from what we have seen but not a redzone threat or deep threat.

John Ross in college was a GREAT REDZONE THREAT AND GREAT DEEP BALL THREAT... THE BEST IN COLLEGE.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2017, 10:33 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: John Ross in college was a GREAT REDZONE THREAT AND GREAT DEEP BALL THREAT... THE BEST IN COLLEGE.

DeDe Westbrook was the best deep ball threat in college football last year.

Reply/Quote
(05-12-2017, 10:36 PM)Synric Wrote: DeDe Westbrook was the best deep ball threat in college football last year.

Okay, but Boyd is faster, with better hands, better route running ability, better ability at going up for the ball and had a much worse QB...

I say Boyd would be better with the Sooners QB...

Imagine him with Dalton...
Reply/Quote