Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Tyler Boyd
I mentioned this last week sometime with a couple posters in agreement...

Boyd is way over paid at WR3. $10.1M this coming season and $10.3M next. Trade for value now or let go and spend, spend, spend on Oline.

We dont need a superstar slot with Chase, Higgins and Joe. Especially one not producing at a high level.

Dropping an 8yd pass on a crucial 3rd down in the SB simply adds to my suggestion a week ago.

I know it was his only drop, but he hasnt carried us anymore than a solid RG would have this season. Lets not make the same mistake 2 more years. Pull a Belicheck and move on from high dollar guys that dont produce to their pay level.

I know many will disagree, but keep in mind, this was my suggestion a week ago.
He didn’t drop the ball on the final play of offense…he actually had a tight contested catch on the final drive.
Outside of Kupp he is the best Slot WR in the game; I agree that we should look to trade if the value in return is right(2nd or first) but only if the value is right.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Umm Boyd had a case of alligator arms and was pulling them in long before the ball was there as he was afraid he was going to get hit. This clear drop was costly as it would have either been a first down or 4th and short. I new right then we had lost.

Pay chase after 4 more years, Pay Higgins in 2 years. Keep Boyd till his current contract is up and waive bye bye.
(02-14-2022, 12:31 AM)Au165 Wrote: He didn’t drop the ball on the final play of offense…he actually had a tight contested catch on the final drive.

True, I corrected, thanks. My point still stands.
(02-14-2022, 12:36 AM)J24 Wrote: Outside of Kupp he is the best Slot WR in the game; I agree that we should look to trade if the value in return is right(2nd or first) but only if the value is right.

Does it matter? Look how many targets he gets vs Kupp?  We dont need a $10M slot. We need $10M oline.  

Respectfully, please provide me your argument on spending $20M on TB the next 2 years instead of an excellent RG or RT?  
If Boyd caught that ball he’s tackled short of the 1st. We punt after burning 30 seconds. We ended up needing those 30 seconds in an attempt to drive down the field late. No harm no foul.

Boyd is a valuable player. He needs more targets. Improve the oline and we’ll be so much better next year. Burrow will get better too. He’s not done developing. Lots of players are going to keep improving.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(02-14-2022, 12:40 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: If Boyd caught that ball he’s tackled short of the 1st. We punt after burning 30 seconds. We ended up needing those 30 seconds in an attempt to drive down the field late. No harm no foul.

Boyd is a valuable player. He needs more targets. Improve the oline and we’ll be so much better next year. Burrow will get better too. He’s not done developing. Lots of players are going to keep improving.

Not sure he doesnt get the 1st Down, but like I said I made this case on the Salary Cap thread a week ago.  We simply do not target the slot enough to pay them $10M a year.

If given the choice right now would you pay Boyd $20M the next 2 seasons or a very solid RG or RT?
Boyd's money isn't really an issue for now. His contract is up (and he'll be 30) when Chase is eligible for an extension, so they'll just move on from Boyd then.

You won't be able to find anyone as good as him for anywhere near his contract if you get rid of him. Plus then you're just 1 injury away from having only 1 good WR.

Keep Boyd. If you're going to trade anyone, trade Mixon. Only save $3.2m in cap space in 2022, but you save $13m in 2023 when Burrow will be getting an extension. No need for a $13m RB, that's just a bad allocation of resources.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Fix the protection and all the receivers will have more production. Boyd didn't lose us the game. Our crappy playcalling did in my opinion. Not sure why there was no screens or your running Perine on 3rd down and not Mixon. Or why Perine can't just get a single yard in the superbowl or dive for a 4th down catch for that matter. Would've rather seen Evans in there. Bottom line is it was a culmination of the entire offense not doing anything from midway in the 3rd.
I love Boyd. You are allowed to drop 1 pass cmon
-Housh
(02-14-2022, 12:45 AM)Housh Wrote: I love Boyd. You are allowed to drop 1 pass cmon

Yeah, but will the Brazilian hottie drop him.
(02-14-2022, 12:42 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Not sure he doesnt get the 1st Down, but like I said I made this case on the Salary Cap thread a week ago.  We simply do not target the slot enough to pay them $10M a year.

If given the choice right now would you pay Boyd $20M the next 2 seasons or a very solid RG or RT?

We can do both. I wouldn’t resign him when his deal is up. But why get rid of him? Sign a guard and right tackle and draft a guard /tackle. Easy fix.

Boyd would have gotten tackled 2 yards shy of the 1st. The defender was right there to pop him a quarter second after the catch.
(02-14-2022, 12:44 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Fix the protection and all the receivers will have more production. Boyd didn't lose us the game. Our crappy playcalling did in my opinion. Not sure why there was no screens or your running Perine on 3rd down and not Mixon. Or why Perine can't just get a single yard in the superbowl or dive for a 4th down catch for that matter. Would've rather seen Evans in there. Bottom line is it was a culmination of the entire offense not doing anything from midway in the 3rd.

Never said Boyd lost us the game. Zac puckered up and Andiji and Paris are not starting caliber in my opinion.
(02-14-2022, 12:44 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Fix the protection and all the receivers will have more production. Boyd didn't lose us the game. Our crappy playcalling did in my opinion. Not sure why there was no screens or your running Perine on 3rd down and not Mixon. Or why Perine can't just get a single yard in the superbowl or dive for a 4th down catch for that matter. Would've rather seen Evans in there. Bottom line is it was a culmination of the entire offense not doing anything from midway in the 3rd.

I don’t think we called one screen pass. Really weird as I thought the rams were susceptible. Play calling can improve. Oline will improve. Young players like burrow will improve.
(02-14-2022, 12:45 AM)Housh Wrote: I love Boyd. You are allowed to drop 1 pass cmon
Again, I made this statement last week.

The drop only validated my concern I made on the Cap thread. We simply do not target the slot enough to warrant $20M the next 2 years.  Doesnt matter how great he is if he's not getting the ball.  Our priorities are Chase, Higgins, Mixon, CJ....... then Boyd.

No matter how much any of us love Boyd not sure why anyone would keep him over a solid RG or RT the next 2 years?
(02-14-2022, 12:39 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Does it matter? Look how many targets he gets vs Kupp?  We dont need a $10M slot. We need $10M oline.  

Respectfully, please provide me your argument on spending $20M on TB the next 2 years instead of an excellent RG or RT?  

1st, douchebag move to pat yourself on the back right now. Maybe, in the future, wait until someone else brings up his choke job, then pounce.

2nd, his contract was signed when he was one of the few that wanted to be here.

3rd, the salary cap is going up substantially next season.

4th, this team has good chemistry, loves each other and players want to be here. Your advice is to get rid of the guy that schooled up Chase about life on and off the field in his Rookie year. I can't imagine that having a positive impact on Higgins and Chase.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Boyd hasn’t dropped a pass all year until tonight.

Let that sink in them tell me he’s not worth the money.
(02-14-2022, 12:52 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: 1st, douchebag move to pat yourself on the back right now. Maybe, in the future, wait until someone else brings up his choke job, then pounce.

2nd, his contract was signed when he was one of the few that wanted to be here.

3rd, the salary cap is going up substantially next season.

4th, this team has good chemistry, loves each other and players want to be here. Your advice is to get rid of the guy that schooled up Chase about life on and off the field in his Rookie year. I can't imagine that having a positive impact on Higgins and Chase.

1sr, I dont need to wait on anybody else, I can post my opinion whenever I want, if you are offended,  I will apologize, but Im posting my opinion.

2nd, if you want to run this team on emotions then we will not go anywhere, the Patriots didnt go to a dozen SBs over paying slot wr because they liked them as people.

3rd We have Jonah most likely, Tee, and both Lbers next season, with Joe and possibly Chase the next.

4th, Chase and Higgins have passed TB in terms of impact, we use the TE and RBs jsut as much.  Spending $20M on a slot not named Cooper Kupp is crazy in this offense with our oline.

Just my opinion.
(02-14-2022, 12:52 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Boyd hasn’t dropped a pass all year until tonight.

Let that sink in them tell me he’s not worth the money.

So? I mentioned this last week, the drop just validates it for me.  He also has hasnt impacted games worthy of $20M the next 2 years with that awful right side.  We dont target him enough to pay that kind of money.

If cutting TB makes the difference in getting an elite RT or an average to above average RT would you really be against that?