Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tyler Boyd benched or injured?
First reports were benched, then hamstring injury and today were back to benched.

Lack of effort/concentration?
Not blocking on run plays?
Violation of team rules?
Reply/Quote
Bizarre..

Team violation I'm fairly sure Marvin would have stated such. Other than that, im not sure how you don't find room for a 2015 2nd round pick. Did Zampese male the call?
Reply/Quote
On today's radio show, Lap suggested that is was an attitude/effort problem.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 08:28 PM)OBX Bengal Wrote: On today's radio show, Lap suggested that is was an attitude/effort problem.

That's fairly shocking considering his work ethic and character were considered a couple of his best attributes. Has he been bungled already?
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 08:28 PM)OBX Bengal Wrote: On today's radio show, Lap suggested that is was an attitude/effort problem.

If that is the case, I'm glad that they benched him.  The last thing that a struggling unit needs is someone expressing a poor attitude or demonstrating a lack of effort.

But then again, in his one, single play, John Ross looked really good, until it all went really bad..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
If that is the case, let's stick with Erickson.

Erickson is serviceable and has a bit of a clutch factor to him.
Reply/Quote
Ehem.. According to an article on NFL.com..
Quote:CINCINNATI BENGALS: 'Toxic' feel developing around 0-2 team. While more and more fans continue to question Cincinnati head coach Marvin Lewis' job security, there's no pretending the Bengals don't have massive issues with their offense just two games into the season.

"It's toxic in here," one player said while leaving the locker room after the Bengals lost their second straight home game to start the year. Worse yet, they've yet to score a touchdown.
Well THAT'S a shocker.. Perhaps Lazer can settle things down, perhaps not, but I'm sure there's a fair share of finger pointing going on. Perhaps Boyde was involved. 

The world may never know..

And by the way,  just how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop? The world may never know.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
What pissed me off was Ross ran a good play last night and simply got hit on the perfect spot to fumble. Then they don't give him a chance to redeem himself.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Nobody is bigger than the team, NOBODY. It's a message that's needed sent many times in the past. If he is benched for a bad attitude good job Marvin. Ummmm, it is however to little to late I'm afraid.
Reply/Quote
"It's toxic in here"

Vets need to band together and march up to mike browns office. Be respectful. He is apparently receptive to players
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 08:34 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: If that is the case, let's stick with Erickson.

Erickson is serviceable and has a bit of a clutch factor to him.

Not to derail the thread, but I'm convinced that Ericson should have been cut.  He's not impressing me as a returner.  More like Mr. Fair Catch, or head straight for the sideline.  Dude appears to be afraid of contact.  His receiving ain't all that, either.  Track speed is great, so long as it is in the man with the heart of a football player.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 08:50 PM)Brimey Wrote: "It's toxic in here"

Vets need to band together and march up to mike browns office. Be respectful. He is apparently receptive to players

Whitworth plays for the Rams
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 08:44 PM)Okeana Wrote: What pissed me off was Ross ran a good play last night and simply got hit on the perfect spot to fumble. Then they don't give him a chance to redeem himself.

This.

The guy played 5 snaps last night. Let the kid redeem himself. There ain't a guy in the league that would have held onto that ball. Perfect hit by whom ever that bastard was.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 08:44 PM)Okeana Wrote: What pissed me off was Ross ran a good play last night and simply got hit on the perfect spot to fumble.  Then they don't give him a chance to redeem himself.

Yup. He's probably ruined now. Whatever

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 08:50 PM)Brimey Wrote: "It's toxic in here"

Apparently that happened.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/09/15/near-mutiny-forced-the-hand-of-marvin-lewis/
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 08:53 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Not to derail the thread, but I'm convinced that Ericson should have been cut.  He's not impressing me as a returner.  More like Mr. Fair Catch, or head straight for the sideline.  Dude appears to be afraid of contact.  His receiving ain't all that, either.  Track speed is great, so long as it is in the man with the heart of a football player.

He looked like poo this time last year too. He came around though. Outside of Geno, who has been impressive? Not many.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 08:53 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Not to derail the thread, but I'm convinced that Ericson should have been cut.  He's not impressing me as a returner.  More like Mr. Fair Catch, or head straight for the sideline.  Dude appears to be afraid of contact.  His receiving ain't all that, either.  Track speed is great, so long as it is in the man with the heart of a football player.

Was thinking the same thing last night myself. He took forever to get going last season then kinda took off. I was kinda on the fence about keeping him. But man there was at least one fair catch he called last night that I could have taken for 10 yards myself. And another one or two where I was like huh ?

Then like you say if he does field it he heads right for the sideline post haste ! Not impressed with his returning. To be fair he has stepped it up as a receiver. 
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 08:57 PM)Gohards Wrote: Whitworth plays for the Rams

Yep, and these kinds of situations are when Whit and Peko, and even Eric Winston are missed. They could take control and have enough respect garnered to have players, coaches, management AND ownership listen. Maybe Zamp's firing will help, but I think the next step is for the players to start turning on each other.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 08:44 PM)Okeana Wrote: What pissed me off was Ross ran a good play last night and simply got hit on the perfect spot to fumble.  Then they don't give him a chance to redeem himself.

If Kareem hunt played for the bengals one of the greatest rookie debuts never happens
Reply/Quote

The one fair catch was a bad one, I'll give you that...
but the guy you are hating on has the 2nd most receiving yards on this putrid offense  :andy:

I personally like him because he finds a way to get open when the QB scrambles, something our other receivers have never been trained on how to do.
Reply/Quote