Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Tyler Eifert
(12-18-2015, 02:49 PM)Whacked Wrote: I love the guy but sadly I agree.  Again - LOVE the guy but he seems injury prone.

I said Eifert was injury prone in another post and Fred jumped down my throat, but I agree with you, the guy has a tendency to get nicked up.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2015, 08:58 PM)88Bengals Wrote: .      "Fresh" not greasy lol...not sure how that got there

I kinda like the use of greasy there haha
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2015, 06:05 PM)pally Wrote: Its virtually impossible to clear concussion protocol until the very end of the week.

This is exactly what's wrong with the protocol . It's basically a 2 week injury now. Unless you skirt the rules

They should scrap the protocol all together. It doesn't work and is only a knee jerk reaction to retired players money grab because they accepted the risk associated with the voluntary job they accepted and were well compensated.

That and we have a faction of people who want to take away the violence in amercian football and basically want it to be like 7 on 7.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2015, 03:51 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: This is exactly what's wrong with the protocol .  It's basically a 2 week injury now.  Unless you skirt the rules  

They should scrap the protocol all together.   It doesn't work and is only a knee jerk reaction to retired players money grab because they accepted the risk associated with the voluntary job they accepted and were well compensated.  

That and we have a faction of people who want to take away the violence in amercian football and basically want it to be like 7 on 7.

Neurology.  It's that simple.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2015, 04:05 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Neurology.  It's that simple.

They accepted the risk of their job. They are getting a higher wage for the risk they are accepting.

It's annoying that some random Doctor is watching on the sideline and is incentivized to pull guys to validate his job and this ridiculous policy.

Players constantly say they would prefer to be hit in the head vs the knees. Then we have the mike Mitchell's of the league who constantly launch head first and tell everyone that they are next. Just let them all go head first and allow the players police themselves . Eventually they will brother in law each other and the game will get safer.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2015, 04:22 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: They accepted the risk of their job.  They are getting a higher wage for the risk they are accepting.  

It's annoying that some random Doctor is watching on the sideline and is incentivized to pull guys to validate his job and this ridiculous policy.  

Players constantly say they would prefer to be hit in the head vs the knees.   Then we have the mike Mitchell's of the league who constantly launch head first and tell everyone that they are next.    Just let them all go head first and allow the players police themselves .  Eventually they will brother in law each other and the game will get safer.

It's not a knee jerk reaction, it is an understanding of the dangers concussions pose. The lawsuits probably sped up the adoption, but it was coming sooner or later. I am not denying it detracts from the game, but as an employer it is their responsibility to do the best they can to protect their employees within reason. Having a procedure for concussions definitely meets that criteria. MMA and Boxing both have a procedure for how to handle things after a knock out and it requires a 2 month layoff. That rule is one of the reasons it is allowed to exist rather than being illegal.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2015, 04:22 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: They accepted the risk of their job.

Let me stop you there and point out that the NFL has done everything in its power to hide the long-term damage concussions can cause.  For years players were unaware of the risks they were "accepting" so acting like this has always been some sort of clear and transparent agreement is completely false.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2015, 03:46 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I said Eifert was injury prone in another post and Fred jumped down my throat, but I agree with you, the guy has a tendency to get nicked up.

Fred jumps down everybody's throat he doesn't believe with. 

Who flippin cares. Lol 
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2015, 03:18 PM)ShowMeUrTDs Wrote: It is not the concussion I understand that......it's the way he looks physically beat up after every single hit including ones not to the head.

x2
Reply/Quote
Eifert remains in Concussion protocol as of today. Status for Monday game looks questionable.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 02:05 PM)jj22 Wrote: Eifert remains in Concussion protocol as of today. Status for Monday game looks questionable.

Wow. Horrible news 
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 02:05 PM)jj22 Wrote: Eifert remains in Concussion protocol as of today. Status for Monday game looks questionable.

Mike Mitchell is a piece of shit.
Reply/Quote

A week away still gives him time for Monday but it is a worry that is for sure
Reply/Quote

Jesus effing Christ.. Kroft played well but not having Eifert against the #1 defense would be a huuuuuuugggggee blow.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2015, 03:18 PM)ShowMeUrTDs Wrote: it's the way he looks physically beat up after every single hit including ones not to the head.

Link?

I don't see this at all.
Reply/Quote
It makes it even more baffling that the Bengals allowed Eifert to play almost another quarter after he took the hit. And it took the NFL doctor pulling him off the sideline to even initiate the testing.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 02:35 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: It makes it even more baffling that the Bengals allowed Eifert to play almost another quarter after he took the hit.  And it took the NFL doctor pulling him off the sideline to even initiate the testing.

No. He only played the rest of that drive which was probably less than 5-6 more plays. 
Reply/Quote
Not having Eifert would be disappointing, but as someone already pointed out AJ has practiced more with Kroft anyway.

That TD to Kroft was a great play by both players and gives plenty of hope that the Bengals can get it done without Eifert in Denver if they have to.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 04:18 PM)BayouBengal Wrote: Not having Eifert would be disappointing, but as someone already pointed out AJ has practiced more with Kroft anyway.

That TD to Kroft was a great play by both players and gives plenty of hope that the Bengals can get it done without Eifert in Denver if they have to.

You made me feel better about this situation cause what you say here is all true.

I just hope Eifert can play against Denver. This is our biggest game of the year so far, no question.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2015, 03:46 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I said Eifert was injury prone in another post and Fred jumped down my throat, but I agree with you, the guy has a tendency to get nicked up.

I respectfully disagree...He got his arm almost broken in half to start last season and then flat out got rocked on this play.

I don't see him as injury prone as much as unlucky. My 2 cents.
Reply/Quote