Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Tyler Eifert
(12-22-2015, 04:49 PM)kdgjr Wrote: I respectfully disagree...He got his arm almost broken in half to start last season and then flat out got rocked on this play.

I don't see him as injury prone as much as unlucky. My 2 cents.

I agree with your 2 cents.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2015, 09:00 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: He has to get develop some kind of rapport with AJ prior to the Denver game.  They need snaps together.

I read this as "They need naps together".
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 04:56 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I read this as "They need naps together".

Well, I guess that WOULD develop a rapport of sorts...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Nfl.com is reporting that Eifert will be out on Monday night against the Broncos. There is also a chance he will be held out until the playoffs. Terrible news for the Bengals and their chances to get a #2 seed. Playing the Steelers is the worst, that game might haunt us for the rest of the season.
Reply/Quote
Some of this might be the stinger lingering. It did end his rookie season. Might as well hold him out till the playoff's too. A playoff win is looking more and more like a long shot. But at least expectations aren't high anymore.

Tough end to what was great seasons for Dalton and Eifert.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 02:22 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Mike Mitchell is a piece of shit.

Guys and gals, this may be the truest post I've ever read on here.  ThumbsUp
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2015, 04:30 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Let me stop you there and point out that the NFL has done everything in its power to hide the long-term damage concussions can cause.  For years players were unaware of the risks they were "accepting" so acting like this has always been some sort of clear and transparent agreement is completely false.

Well it's clear now. So there is no need for concussion protocol. The players should be able to decide for themselves with advice from medical peeps. Some are quitting, some are taking themselves out of the games, so it's obvious they can make these choices.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2015, 04:28 PM)Au165 Wrote: It's not a knee jerk reaction, it is an understanding of the dangers concussions pose. The lawsuits probably sped up the adoption, but it was coming sooner or later. I am not denying it detracts from the game, but as an employer it is their responsibility to do the best they can to protect their employees within reason. Having a procedure for concussions definitely meets that criteria. MMA and Boxing both have a procedure for how to handle things after a knock out and it requires a 2 month layoff. That rule is one of the reasons it is allowed to exist rather than being illegal.

Players have the ability to pull themselves out of games, quit their job, so the decision should be on them with professional medical advice of course. The teams already take care of all medical issues so as long as they provide info to the players to decide then they are doing their job.
Reply/Quote
This brings about a very, very unique debate. One that is much bigger than any single player.

Personally, I think the NFL should absolutely embrace the evidence and research. Accept it and have the players sign consent forms. Just like you do in any profession where there are risks. The terms of what happens if you're injured/killed as a result of that risk are agreed upon prior.

The decision will then be put to the players entirely, as to whether they want to take on the profession.
Reply/Quote
Let him get healthy that's the most important thing thing for us right now. Let's have all our bullets in the chamber for January. The most important thing for this team is to be healthy come playoff time.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I hate seeing our guys get multiple concussions like this it bothers me a bit more then a normal injury because I worry about the pattern that could start. The brain isn't just another muscle that can heal and be as good as new.

It was beyond a dirty play by P.O.S. Mike Mitchell.
Reply/Quote
It's worrisome because it could abruptly end a career, even if by player's choice.
Reply/Quote
I don't mean to say Eifert is replaceable, I don't believe he is, but Tyler Kroft can play and much like *Airin'* McCarron, could easily step up big time and have a huge game.

I don't think I'll use that nickname again, lol.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
He will need to. The TE is where the weakness in the Denver defense is. Their linebackers really struggle in the flats and over the middle.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2015, 03:35 PM)IESItsOdellThurman Wrote: He will need to.  The TE is where the weakness in the Denver defense is.  Their linebackers really struggle in the flats and over the middle.

He's capable ... and Ryan Hewitt. Either one could have a huge game, or some combination of the two. 
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
I thought Eifert might play now?
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2015, 04:44 PM)Whacked Wrote: I thought Eifert might play now?

The team and local media are saying that he could be cleared by tomorrow. The National media is saying he's out.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Thanks. The former of the two should be the more accurate resource.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 04:49 PM)kdgjr Wrote: I respectfully disagree...He got his arm almost broken in half to start last season and then flat out got rocked on this play.

I don't see him as injury prone as much as unlucky. My 2 cents.

This. It's not like Eifert has brittle bones and a brain that's more prone to concussions.

He's had a tough way to go so far, but I don't see him as injury prone. Good luck shaking that label once it's applied though.

There's probably still Bengals fans who think JJo is injury prone.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Marvin said today on Sirius that he has a chance to play...
Reply/Quote