Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tyler Eifert
(08-26-2016, 03:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I miss Gresh..

Said no one ever. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2016, 05:32 PM)kdgjr Wrote: Said no one ever. 

Nah there are some Gresham fanboys out there who claim he was underrated despite his constant mental lapses.

He was always dropping the ball, fumbling the ball or getting a bone head penalty. No one should be hard on Jermaine though he's fragile.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2016, 04:42 PM)McC Wrote: We lost to Houston because Romeo stymied Hue and Hue couldn't find an answer.

We lost to the texans because Eifert had hands of stone.  He dropped threeeasy passes that could have changed the entire game.

Can't blame hue for that.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2016, 05:41 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Nah there are some Gresham fanboys out there who claim he was underrated despite his constant mental lapses.

He was always dropping the ball, fumbling the ball or getting a bone head penalty. No one should be hard on Jermaine though he's fragile.

Yep and fanboy #1 was the guy he quoted. 

I'd rather have a guy who misses 4 games a season and puts up the numbers Eifert does over a guy that can't get out of his own way with penalties and boneheaded mistakes. Gresham never made the impact that Eifert made last year, and if the dude is so great why do his numbers look so terrible in a high powered offense in Arizona?
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2016, 05:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: We lost to the texans because Eifert had hands of stone.  He dropped threeeasy passes that could have changed the entire game.

Can't blame hue for that.

3 dropped passes doesn't excuse the offense only scoring 6 points. One of the drops the Bengals still scored points on the drive. 2 of the other drops came on plays inside their own 25. They weren't moving the ball.

Hill wasn't. Gio wasn't. Jones wasn't. The offense just wasn't good that game.

You can't blame an offense only scoring 6 points on 3 drops. They had 7 drives where they only had 5 plays. 3 were 3 and outs. 1 was an interception.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2016, 06:41 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: 3 dropped passes doesn't excuse the offense only scoring 6 points. One of the drops the Bengals still scored points on the drive. 2 of the other drops came on plays inside their own 25. They weren't moving the ball.

You can't blame an offense only scoring 6 points on 3 drops. They had 7 drives where they only had 5 plays. 3 were 3 and outs. 1 was an interception.

Catching any or all 3 of those passes could have been nice momentum builders.  Momentum is a good thing, it spreads through a team like wildfire.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2016, 06:41 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: 3 dropped passes doesn't excuse the offense only scoring 6 points. One of the drops the Bengals still scored points on the drive. 2 of the other drops came on plays inside their own 25. They weren't moving the ball.

All of the dropped passes were on 3rd down, so yeah, actually it does excuse the offense not scoring at least a little bit.

Dropped passes on third down end drives. Dropping a pass on third down is basically the same as a QB throwing a long INT.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I think we need to pup him. Still have a couple weeks to decide. But the man is a slow healer. Dont take any chances. Get him good and ready. Kroft is already a question for week one. A couple tackles are a question for week one.

On one hand i dont want to believe dbag rappaport. But on the other Hobson has been hinting at multiple missed games the whole time
Reply/Quote
I heard the report in NFLN. No one from the Bengals was quoted. Did somebody tell this guy something? If so, who, and why weren't they quoted? Is everybody just supposed to take this guy's word for it?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2016, 07:56 PM)McC Wrote: I heard the report in NFLN.  No one from the Bengals was quoted.  Did somebody tell this guy something?  If so, who, and why weren't they quoted?  Is everybody just supposed to take this guy's word for it?

Because most likely the person who told him that wasn't allowed/authorized to.

But that's fine... keep on keeping on...

[Image: head-in-the-sand-2.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2016, 08:28 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Because most likely the person who told him that wasn't allowed/authorized to.

But that's fine... keep on keeping on...

[Image: head-in-the-sand-2.jpg]

Okay.  Kinda rude but, whatever.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2016, 09:24 PM)McC Wrote: Okay.  Kinda rude but, whatever.

Don't know what you wanted anyone to say. The guy regularly gives NFL news, he has connections with all the teams in the league, and it's his job. It's not like the guy reporting it is just some random fan or troll with a Twitter account. Hobspin even hinted many times he might miss some games awhile ago, and Hobspin normally puts things optimistically (which he did, he was saying 1-2 weeks missed, now it's 3-5 weeks missed).

Why wouldn't you just take his word for it? Eifert literally just jogged for the first time since the surgery a couple days ago. The writing was solidly on the wall. Your post just seemed like you were trying really hard to just say "nuh uh" and hope that it worked and Eifert would be fine. Lol

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2016, 09:53 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Don't know what you wanted anyone to say. The guy regularly gives NFL news, he has connections with all the teams in the league, and it's his job. It's not like the guy reporting it is just some random fan or troll with a Twitter account. Hobspin even hinted many times he might miss some games awhile ago, and Hobspin normally puts things optimistically (which he did, he was saying 1-2 weeks missed, now it's 3-5 weeks missed).

Why wouldn't you just take his word for it? Eifert literally just jogged for the first time since the surgery a couple days ago. The writing was solidly on the wall. Your post just seemed like you were trying really hard to just say "nuh uh" and hope that it worked and Eifert would be fine. Lol

I never said anything like that.  If this guy's track record is so impeccable that everything he says is gospel without any type of confirmation, then so be it.

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2016, 07:56 PM)McC Wrote: I heard the report in NFLN.  No one from the Bengals was quoted.  Did somebody tell this guy something?  If so, who, and why weren't they quoted?  Is everybody just supposed to take this guy's word for it?

Sirius Sports Update stated quoted Eifert as gunning for playing week 4.

They're really good about citing the reporter who scooped it, but did nothing of the sort.

As such I don't know where the week 4-6 thing is from, as I haven't read any reports, only posts in this thread....
Reply/Quote
PUP. Give him 6 weeks to heal why risk it.

Reply/Quote
(08-27-2016, 12:22 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote: PUP. Give him 6 weeks to heal why risk it.

That's what I figure.  6 weeks takes us up to our home game against the Browns (a team we assume we could embarrass with our taxi squad) and week 7 involves a flight to London followed by a bye week.  He's either going to get 5 weeks or 8 weeks, so I'm thinking the choice is obvious.

I could be wrong, but I see this happening UNTIL I see some legitimately positive news about this.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2016, 12:13 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: Sirius Sports Update stated quoted Eifert as gunning for playing week 4.

They're really good about citing the reporter who scooped it, but did nothing of the sort.

As such I don't know where the week 4-6 thing is from, as I haven't read any reports, only posts in this thread....

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000690578/article/bengals-tyler-eifert-ankle-targeting-week-4-return
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2016, 12:28 AM)Nately120 Wrote: That's what I figure.  6 weeks takes us up to our home game against the Browns (a team we assume we could embarrass with our taxi squad) and week 7 involves a flight to London followed by a bye week.  He's either going to get 5 weeks or 8 weeks, so I'm thinking the choice is obvious.

I could be wrong, but I see this happening UNTIL I see some legitimately positive news about this.

Yeah, from the info available it appears he is rushing it for week 4. Obviously the last thing we want is a guy like Eifert rushing things only to break again.  I think we can make it 2 extra weeks without him to make sure the ankle is fully healed without question. SO yeah, no brainer you PUP him. Give him some reps in the Browns game and bring him out full force in London. Then he gets another week of rest for a beastly second half season.

Reply/Quote
(08-27-2016, 12:54 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Yeah, from the info available it appears he is rushing it for week 4. Obviously the last thing we want is a guy like Eifert rushing things only to break again.  I think we can make it 2 extra weeks without him to make sure the ankle is fully healed without question. SO yeah, no brainer you PUP him. Give him some reps in the Browns game and bring him out full force in London. Then he gets another week of rest for a beastly second half season.

See, I don't even think they would have him fly across the ocean to bring him back when he can have the week against the Browns (because they stink), the week against the DC Squad (because it's too far and maybe flying on a plane aggravates injuries, etc), and the bye week after.

He sits out 1 potentially difficult game and ends up with an extra 3 weeks of recovery time. Again though, I"m just assuming the news is going to continue down its progressive path of incremental badness as it has since January.
Reply/Quote
I wont believe it unless i hear it from the bengals literally 2 days ago eifert confirmed he was on track for week 1 now all of a sudden its week 4 its a little suspicious and all u hear is source with knowledge of the injury most insiders say team source or source close to situation im iffy about this and the bengals have neither confirmed or denied this so ill wait to hear it from them first before i start wondering how our offense is gonna be without him.
Reply/Quote