Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tyler Eifert
Naw, it's "The Bengals" that make the decisions about whether to have surgery or wait and see if it heals on it's own. The World Class doctors these players get sent to have no input...... Sarcasm
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2016, 03:37 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: F the Pro Bowl... but not because of Eifert.

The Pro Bowl is a joke because of lack of effort and 7th alternates.

That said, I refuse to blame it for Eifert being hurt for the billionth time. It's also not the Pro Bowls fault that the Bengals waited until May (5 months) to get surgery. Even if they only wait like 3 months to get him surgery, there's most likely not even a discussion about him missing any regular season games. An often hurt guy getting hurt and the Bengals procrastinating with his treatment has nothing to do with the Pro Bowl.

But, it has a lot to do with this franchise!!!
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2016, 10:38 PM)Derrick Wrote: But, it has a lot to do with this franchise!!!

It has zero to do with the franchise.

the decision was Eifert's, not the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2016, 10:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It has zero to do with the franchise.

the decision was Eifert's, not the Bengals.

Weird.  But, if intricate medical decisions are left to football players, it exemplifies the dysfunction of this training/medical staff and this franchise.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2016, 11:50 PM)tlotharw Wrote: Weird.  But, if intricate medical decisions are left to football players, it exemplifies the dysfunction of this training/medical staff and this franchise.

^^

Talk about a catch-22.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2016, 04:54 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Ehh maybe not in capitol letters but not worried against our defense i personally am thinking a 21 or 28-7 game bc pacman is gonna shut down marshall so i dont see where there offense is coming from outside of decker 

I mean, Matt Forte is no scrub. Last year he missed 3 games and still had more rushing and receiving yards than Hill or Gio.
Plus they get their TE back in Jace Amaro.
Marshall is very good and it's going to be hard to shut him down. Plus, Decker is a very nice addition and does well even when Marshall gets shut down..

The Jets actually have a decent team around them and shouldn't be taken lightly. They're very underrated.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2016, 12:04 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I mean, Matt Forte is no scrub. Last year he missed 3 games and still had more rushing and receiving yards than Hill or Gio.
Marshall is very good and it's going to be hard to shut him down. Plus, Decker is a very nice addition and does well even when Marshall gets shut down..

The Jets actually have a decent team around them and shouldn't be taken lightly. They're very underrated.

That game is a lot more loppsided in their favor than most people want to admit.

Their D-Line>Our O-Line.

Darelle Revis>AJ Green

Marshall & Decker> Pacman and Dre.

I don't like this matchup on paper at all. We're basically asking Boyd to beat Buster in his Pro Debut, and for our D-line to pressure Fitz all game.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2016, 12:09 AM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: That game is a lot more loppsided in their favor than most people want to admit.

Their D-Line>Our O-Line.

Darelle Revis>AJ Green

I don't like this matchup on paper at all. We're basically asking Boyd to beat Buster in his Pro Debut, and for our D-line to pressure Fitz all game.
Lopsided? Are you high? Honestly we have a good O line, AJ vs Revis is a wash, Pacman and Kirkpatrick vs Marshall and Decker is also a wash. I think the Jets are a good team and can beat us but it is not "lopsided".
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2016, 12:23 AM)J24 Wrote: Lopsided? Are you high? Honestly we have a good O line, AJ vs Revis is a wash, Pacman and Kirkpatrick vs Marshall and Decker is also a wash. I think the Jets are a good team and can beat us but it is not "lopsided".

What makes you think AJ  vs Revis isn't Loppsided? THe last time AJ lined up against Revis (with a similar looking 2014 squad) he was blanketed until the game was practically over.

It's not even Pacman that i'm worried about in the 2nd matchup. It's mainly Dre Kirkpatrick. 

I feel that both Decker and Marsall are mixmatches for him.

I'm really not sure what to make of Lafell here, given that we don't even know where he'll be playing: http://www.cincyjungle.com/2016/8/25/12619280/bengals-vs-jaguars-will-feature-battle-for-cincinnati-s-no-2-receiver-role

Our O-Line could be good as the year goes on. But as of right now, we have Bodine and at least one first year starter fresh off an injury against the Jets front seven. That's quite a bit even with the remaining O-linemen.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2016, 12:38 AM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: What makes you think AJ  vs Revis isn't Loppsided? THe last time AJ lined up against Revis (with a similar looking 2014 squad) he was blanketed until the game was practically over.

It's not even Pacman that i'm worried about in the 2nd matchup. It's mainly Dre Kirkpatrick. 

I feel that both Decker and Marsall are mixmatches for him.

I'm really not sure what to make of Lafell here, given that we don't even know where he'll be playing: http://www.cincyjungle.com/2016/8/25/12619280/bengals-vs-jaguars-will-feature-battle-for-cincinnati-s-no-2-receiver-role

Our O-Line could be good as the year goes on. But as of right now, we have Bodine and at least one first year starter fresh off an injury against the Jets front seven. That's quite a bit even with the remaining O-linemen.
Well Jets are hurting themselves in their front seven, Bodine has played well the first two preseason games and the line has protected well... 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2016, 12:44 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Well Jets are hurting themselves in their front seven, Bodine has played well the first two preseason games and the line has protected well... 

Source? Last I heard one of their ends was having a fit for not getting paid.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2016, 12:09 AM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: That game is a lot more loppsided in their favor than most people want to admit.

Their D-Line>Our O-Line.

Darelle Revis>AJ Green

This is silly.

Last year the Jets only played 2 games against 10 win teams yet they just went 10-6 and outscored their opponents by 73 points.

Bengals played 6 games against ten wins teams (2 with our back up QB) yet we won 12 games and outscored our opponents by 140 points.  Our offense scored scored 32  more points than them and our defense allowed 35 fewer points (despite missing Burfict for 6 games)

Jets are not in our class.  If they played our schedule last year they would not even be .500.

Their vaunted D-line lost the starting NT Damon Harrison to free agency and Sheldon Richardson is suspended. 
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2016, 01:02 AM)fredtoast Wrote: This is silly.

Last year the Jets only played 2 games against 10 win teams yet they just went 10-6 and outscored their opponents by 73 points.

Bengals played 6 games against ten wins teams (2 with our back up QB) yet we won 12 games and outscored our opponents by 140 points.  Our offense scored scored 32  more points than them and our defense allowed 35 fewer points (despite missing Burfict for 6 games)

Jets are not in our class.  If they played our schedule last year they would not even be .500.

Their vaunted D-line lost the starting NT Damon Harrison to free agency and Sheldon Richardson is suspended. 

This is actually the first I heard of this.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2016, 12:04 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I mean, Matt Forte is no scrub. Last year he missed 3 games and still had more rushing and receiving yards than Hill or Gio.

Pacman shut ab down in 3 games so i have no doubt he can shut down marshall and no doubt they are underrated but i trust our offense against their defense vs their offense against our defense

That game is a lot more loppsided in their favor than most people want to admit.

Their D-Line>Our O-Line.

Darelle Revis>AJ Green

[/quote] you have got to be kidding what d line they lost richardson the best d lineman for the first game so no d line secondly revis are you kidding me he got burned constantly last year hes not a shutdown corner or even a top 10 corner anymore in his heydey he was the best but hes lost a couple steps meanwhile pacman held ab to 140 total recieving yards in 3 games so he can hokd his own against marshall
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2016, 01:02 AM)fredtoast Wrote: This is silly.

Well, it's hard to say because the Bengals only went 3-3 against teams with 10 wins. Whereas the Jets went 1-1.

However, when it comes to playoff teams. The Bengals went 3-4 and the Jets went 2-2.

Plus, it doesn't matter if a team is "in your class".

The Bengals were 8-0 and lost to a 3-5 team that's leading rusher had 33 yards and gave up 173 passing yards....to two QBs. And lost to a team that had a backup QB; who was behind Hoyer.

Anything can happen on any given Sunday. And the Jets are a good team.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
Remember when we said he would miss 6 weeks? I know I got bashed on this very forum and everyone was so hopeful he would be back for week 1. LOL.
Reply/Quote
Tyler eifert targets wks 4-6...so there's that.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000690578/article/bengals-tyler-eifert-ankle-targeting-week-4-return

Reply/Quote
(08-25-2016, 11:50 PM)tlotharw Wrote: Weird.  But, if intricate medical decisions are left to football players, it exemplifies the dysfunction of this training/medical staff and this franchise.

Not unless every single team in the league is dysfunctional.

No team in the league makes medical decision for its players.

Educate yoursefl.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2016, 03:15 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Tyler eifert targets wks 4-6...so there's that.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000690578/article/bengals-tyler-eifert-ankle-targeting-week-4-return

I highly doubt they bring him back prior to th London game at this point. The news keeps incrementally getting worse for the past 8 months, so I'm not sold on him being back until he is on the field. So it goes. Here is hoping Krofts injury is semi accurate to the disclosure 
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2016, 03:15 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Tyler eifert targets wks 4-6...so there's that.

I miss Gresh..
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote