Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tyler Eifert
(08-22-2016, 11:16 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Why isn't Burfict practicing?

I guess they figure he is just so damn good he doesnt need the extra wear and tear. Plus they need to keep the offense healthy. Get the guys ready for life without Burfict the first three games. Then when he comes in like a coach on the field and top tier LB we get that much better.
Reply/Quote
I have had Eifert penciled in as a luxury for some time now. Shame he isn't as durable as Gresh was.

If only you could combine the 2.

Reply/Quote
(08-22-2016, 05:02 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Is trying to jog for the first time today since his surgery.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/08/22/tyler-eifert-trying-to-jog-for-first-time-since-surgery/

I'm sorry, but if you're just now trying to jog for the first time and we're what, 3 weeks away from the season? This is just jogging... forget sprinting, cutting, and starting and stopping. He is simply not going to be ready to start the season.

I was leaning towards him being carried on the roster and only missing 2-3 games, but now I might be leaning more towards him going on the PUP.

It's been almost what, 7 months since the Pro Bowl?

He won't  be ready for the season's start, but he is right on schedule.

Recovery time for the surgery is 4-6 months and he didn't have surgery until May. If that schedule holds and you assume the full recovery time it won't be until Nov before he's playing.

Not sure why any of this is a surprise for anyone.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-22-2016, 05:15 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I'm with you on this.  Some of our medical experts in here, say it's protocol to give severe sprains time to heal on their own.  Just keep in mind the Bengals 'crack medical staff' is the same one who said Marvin Jones would be back and that Burfict was coming back much, much sooner than he actually did.

Good Gawd, will the "crack medical staff" stupidity ever go away??? Eifert is/was being treated by one of the top foot guys in the country.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2016, 08:38 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Good Gawd, will the "crack medical staff" stupidity ever go away??? Eifert is/was being treated by one of the top foot guys in the country.

People still have flashbacks to how the Antonio Bryant injury fiasco went down.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-22-2016, 05:02 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Is trying to jog for the first time today since his surgery.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/08/22/tyler-eifert-trying-to-jog-for-first-time-since-surgery/

I'm sorry, but if you're just now trying to jog for the first time and we're what, 3 weeks away from the season? This is just jogging... forget sprinting, cutting, and starting and stopping. He is simply not going to be ready to start the season.

I was leaning towards him being carried on the roster and only missing 2-3 games, but now I might be leaning more towards him going on the PUP.

It's been almost what, 7 months since the Pro Bowl?

I thought the exact same thing when I saw this yesterday.  Him being out the entire season would surprise me less than only missing 2-3 games and you have to think the PUP is an overwhelming possibility.

Dude is a really good player when he is on the field, but man... he seems to always be hurt...
Reply/Quote
This is his first weight bearing exersise once he does that without soreness it's really not that long of rehab to get to running sprinting cutting etc. I still expect him back no later than week 2 probably week 1 plus him and Dennard are boxing together with a trainer which involves a lot of light on your feet cutting juking things like that so he is able to cut pretty well if he's boxing shouldn't be long till he's cutting on the field
Reply/Quote
And do we really need to rush him back? If he's healthy suit him up but don't play him unless you need to jets I'm not worried about steelers without Bryant bell or green definitely not worried about and jets have NO OFFENSE so why not keep him out of first 3 games instead of rushing him back
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2016, 05:29 PM)NKYRob Wrote: Latest I heard was that he was working on the rehab field today.  Still targeting a week 1 return.  

I'm not too worried about Kroft. If he were seriously hurt, the team would've signed a vet TE by this point.

Eifert is another story. Best case scenario, he misses 2-3 games, but I wouldn't be surprised if he missed half the season.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2016, 01:44 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm not too worried about Kroft. If he were seriously hurt, the team would've signed a vet TE by this point.

Eifert is another story. Best case scenario, he misses 2-3 games, but I wouldn't be surprised if he missed half the season.

Hobson said yesterday that both Eifert and Kroft were planning to "try" to run outside.  Then he said that neither tight end, Dennard, nor Ced will likely play in either of the two remaining pre season games.
Reply/Quote
Eifert just started jogging.... He wont be ready for Week 1.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
**** the Pro Bowl.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2016, 12:15 AM)tlotharw Wrote: Then what do you attribute accomplishing nothing last year to?  And the last five years?

I wouldn't call 5 straight postseason trips and a 12 win season "nothing" lol.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2016, 02:27 PM)jason Wrote: **** the Pro Bowl.

F the Pro Bowl... but not because of Eifert.

The Pro Bowl is a joke because of lack of effort and 7th alternates.

That said, I refuse to blame it for Eifert being hurt for the billionth time. It's also not the Pro Bowls fault that the Bengals waited until May (5 months) to get surgery. Even if they only wait like 3 months to get him surgery, there's most likely not even a discussion about him missing any regular season games. An often hurt guy getting hurt and the Bengals procrastinating with his treatment has nothing to do with the Pro Bowl.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2016, 11:16 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Why isn't Burfict practicing?

To lengthen his career by removing unnecessary wear and tear from his knee.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2016, 03:37 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: F the Pro Bowl... but not because of Eifert.

The Pro Bowl is a joke because of lack of effort and 7th alternates.

That said, I refuse to blame it for Eifert being hurt for the billionth time. It's also not the Pro Bowls fault that the Bengals waited until May (5 months) to get surgery. Even if they only wait like 3 months to get him surgery, there's most likely not even a discussion about him missing any regular season games. An often hurt guy getting hurt and the Bengals procrastinating with his treatment has nothing to do with the Pro Bowl.

It was probably Eifert's decision to delay surgery. The team can't force him to have it. If the man wanted to let the thing heal before going under the knife, so be it. Most of us would probably do the same.

It's not the Pro Bowl's fault, but that's a lame place for that injury to happen.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Eifert won't start the year on the PUP - that means he has to miss six weeks. We'll know more on him after the 30th. No set backs, but ya, it's worth thinking at this point he'll miss the NYJ game. But let's say they stretch it to week 3. If the guy plays 13 games that ties his total from a year ago, second best in his career (to put that in context). Not ideal - the hope was always week 1 - but if he's truly 100 percent to come back the same week Tez does against Miami, that won't be the worst thing. I'm guessing he would have to practice fully on Sept. 7, exactly two weeks from this post, to play against the Jets..

In my walkthru today I talk about this very thing. He offers up an insight into the rehab process and states the obvious - if you have surgery, that part of the body is never again the same. So yes, he waited for it to heal. Trust me, if my ACLs could've healed on their own I would have waited on surgery too. I've come to understand Marvin gives (or has given) timelines in the past and has been off. It's interesting because he usually says he doesn't like to do it for that very reason, but it ends up happening. Honestly guys, no one knows when a player is "supposed" to or "will" come back for sure until they practice.

I would imagine the same parameters fall on Kroft, Dennard and Fisher re: practicing before playing.

As for Burfict, not sure. But he was in the building the other day. Remember, he's the only guy on the roster that Marvin came out to say wouldn't play a snap in the preseason and he did start on NFI. I would just sort of assume stuff like this will happen on the regular going forward and until he misses games it's not really worth worrying about. Marvin also said at the end of last week that he had pull Tez back from practice because he wasn't going to play the first three weeks, so this could be a way to do that, too.
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2016, 01:05 PM)Jpoore Wrote: And do we really need to rush him back? If he's healthy suit him up but don't play him unless you need to jets I'm not worried about steelers without Bryant bell or green definitely not worried about and jets have NO OFFENSE so why not keep him out of first 3 games instead of rushing him back

Er...the Jets 2015 were:

10th in YPG
11th in PPG
13th in passing
10t in rushing
8th in TO ratio

and have Marshall and Decker who posted 1,502 yards/14 TDs and 1,027/12, respectively.  Not sure I'd call that NO OFFENSE in capital letters, personally.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2016, 01:48 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Er...the Jets 2015 were:

10th in YPG
11th in PPG
13th in passing
10t in rushing
8th in TO ratio

and have Marshall and Decker who posted 1,502 yards/14 TDs and 1,027/12, respectively.  Not sure I'd call that NO OFFENSE in capital letters, personally.

Ehh maybe not in capitol letters but not worried against our defense i personally am thinking a 21 or 28-7 game bc pacman is gonna shut down marshall so i dont see where there offense is coming from outside of decker 
Reply/Quote
These decisions to have surgery are not near as easy as a lot of people think.

Remember in '08 when Carson tore a ligament in his elbow and missed most of the season? He suffered that injury in week three, missed one game, then came back and played against the Cowboys in week 5 with that injury before deciding to have surgery.
Reply/Quote