Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tyler Eifert
(08-26-2016, 03:14 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: Remember when we said he would miss 6 weeks?  I know I got bashed on this very forum and everyone was so hopeful he would be back for week 1.  LOL.

Here is what you actually said.

"He gets PUP'ed, they are mum about it until week 1, and we don't see him until week 7 or 8."

You were wrong and you deserved to get bashed

LOL.
Reply/Quote
First time tuning in since January and Eifert is hurt again? Wow. I don't keep up with off season football.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2016, 01:34 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Well, it's hard to say because the Bengals only went 3-3 against teams with 10 wins. Whereas the Jets went 1-1.

We were 3-1 with Dalton at QB.

If Andy goes down before the opening game then you might have a point, but it is clear that the Jets played a much weaker schedule than us and still had a worse won-loss record a worse offense and a worse defense.
Reply/Quote
Now reported that Eiff will miss the first 4-6 weeks.

I think we all saw this coming.

I hope no one was naive enough to think that a guy that just started jogging this week was going to be ready to play full contact football just 2 weeks later...

http://local12.com/sports/bengals/report-eifert-could-now-miss-until-at-least-week-4-of-regular-season
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2016, 12:38 AM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: What makes you think AJ  vs Revis isn't Loppsided? THe last time AJ lined up against Revis (with a similar looking 2014 squad) he was blanketed until the game was practically over.

Because that was two years ago and Revis is not the same player.

Look at what these WRs did to Revis and the Jets last year

Jarvis Landry........165 yards
Odell Beckham......149
Sammy Watkins.....136
Allen Hurns............122
Donte Moncrief.......122
Allen Robinson........121
DeAndre Hopkins.....118
MIchael Crabtree.....102
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2016, 12:44 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Well Jets are hurting themselves in their front seven, Bodine has played well the first two preseason games and the line has protected well... 

No, he has not.  He even gets knocked into the backfield, on running plays..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
NFL mobile on Verizon is saying that Eifert is shooting for a return Week 4-6.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2016, 05:02 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Is trying to jog for the first time today since his surgery.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/08/22/tyler-eifert-trying-to-jog-for-first-time-since-surgery/

I'm sorry, but if you're just now trying to jog for the first time and we're what, 3 weeks away from the season? This is just jogging... forget sprinting, cutting, and starting and stopping. He is simply not going to be ready to start the season.

I was leaning towards him being carried on the roster and only missing 2-3 games, but now I might be leaning more towards him going on the PUP.

It's been almost what, 7 months since the Pro Bowl?

He is Eyeing a week 4 return.....

Probly means the team doesn't PUP him.  Although that roster spot could be handy in his absence.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2016, 03:57 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: No, he has not.  He even gets knocked into the backfield, on running plays..

its so odd for the man with the 7th highest strength rating in madden
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2016, 03:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: We were 3-1 with Dalton at QB.

If Andy goes down before the opening game then you might have a point, but it is clear that the Jets played a much weaker schedule than us and still had a worse won-loss record a worse offense and a worse defense.

And went 3-2 against playoff teams with Dalton at QB.

Jets went 2-2 against playoff teams.

No, the Jets are still a tough team. Point blank period.

Also, the Jets ranked 4th in overall defense. Bengals ranked 11th.
Jets ranked 10th in offense. Bengals ranked 15th.
Points? Bengals on offense were 7th and Jets were 11th.
For defense Bengals were 2nd and Jets were 9th.
So they both had spots where one team was stronger than the other.

You can't go by stats alone. If you did, then why would the Bengals have lost to the Texans? Since we're so "out of their league". They had a weaker schedule, worse win-loss record, a worse offense, but had a better defense (3rd overall)
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2016, 03:53 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Now reported that Eiff will miss the first 4-6 weeks.

I think we all saw this coming.

I hope no one was naive enough to think that a guy that just started jogging this week was going to be ready to play full contact football just 2 weeks later...

http://local12.com/sports/bengals/report-eifert-could-now-miss-until-at-least-week-4-of-regular-season

Yet people were actually saying this could/would happen.  At this point, none of us have any idea when he will be back.  It would not surprise me if he misses at least half the season.  A setback and he could miss the entire year.

Here is the question.  Let's say he misses half the season, or even the entire thing.  Do they pick up his fifth year option?  He has missed time every year of his career.  Even if he only missed four games this year, he will have missed significant time multiple years.  He is very talented, especially in the red zone, but can't stay healthy.  Not sure what I would do...
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2016, 04:34 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: its so odd for the man with the 7th highest strength rating in madden

That right there is why you take Madden ratings with a grain of salt
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2016, 04:35 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Yet people were actually saying this could/would happen.  At this point, none of us have any idea when he will be back.  It would not surprise me if he misses at least half the season.  A setback and he could miss the entire year.

Here is the question.  Let's say he misses half the season, or even the entire thing.  Do they pick up his fifth year option?  He has missed time every year of his career.  Even if he only missed four games this year, he will have missed significant time multiple years.  He is very talented, especially in the red zone, but can't stay healthy.  Not sure what I would do...

That's a question for the end of the year if he doesn't pay much of this year I think you offer him a contract like 2 year extenstion or so to see if he can get and stay healthy.

If he comes back week 4-5 and picks up where he left off... We are gonna have to pay him a lot to keep him. And it will be worth it even if he misses a couple games a year average as long as they aren't in the postseason.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2016, 04:21 PM)jason Wrote: NFL mobile on Verizon is saying that Eifert is shooting for a return Week 4-6.

To which my level of surprise is nearly nonexistent.

Knew a guy who just tried jogging for the first time wasn't going to be back early. Honestly, if they're already saying 4-6, that means they aren't 100% confident in week 4. In that case, I would rather PUP him, and open up a roster spot for another guy. Heck, if Eifert goes on the PUP, that means they could keep both Hewitt and Luc, moving Hewitt to TE and keeping Luc at FB.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2016, 04:36 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: That right there is why you take Madden ratings with a grain of salt

well he is strong.  Its just the rest of being a Center hes not so good at.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2016, 04:35 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: And went 3-2 against playoff teams with Dalton at QB.

Jets went 2-2 against playoff teams.

No, the Jets are still a tough team. Point blank period.

Also, the Jets ranked 4th in overall defense. Bengals ranked 11th.
Jets ranked 10th in offense. Bengals ranked 15th.
Points? Bengals on offense were 7th and Jets were 11th.
For defense Bengals were 2nd and Jets were 9th.
So they both had spots where one team was stronger than the other.

You can't go by stats alone. If you did, then why would the Bengals have lost to the Texans? Since we're so "out of their league". They had a weaker schedule, worse win-loss record, a worse offense, but had a better defense (3rd overall)
We lost to Houston because Romeo stymied Hue and Hue couldn't find an answer.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2016, 04:42 PM)McC Wrote: We lost to Houston because Romeo stymied Hue and Hue couldn't find an answer.

Lost to Houston because the Bengals are TJ Yates' *****.   Ninja

I already included a TJ Yates clause in my Bengals record predictions for that very reason. Lol

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2016, 03:32 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I highly doubt they bring him back prior to th London game at this point. The news keeps incrementally getting worse for the past 8 months, so I'm not sold on him being back until he is on the field. So it goes. Here is hoping Krofts injury is semi accurate to the disclosure 

This has been like peeling back an onion the entire time.

I wasn't comfortable making a call then. Definitely not making a call now.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2016, 04:34 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: its so odd for the man with the 7th highest strength rating in madden

Repping out on the bench press, with a pretty light weight, is not very accurate way of measuring total body strength.  For OLmen, at least, they should go to some version of the clean, either hang or Oly style.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Don't worry guys. No, seriously.

The Bengals are used to injuries at this point, especially with Tyler. 2015 was a circus freak year for them.

Just put your trust in Andy and Jeremy. We all know AJ will bring it.

That's all we can do. Nothing new.
Reply/Quote