Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UDFA thread
(05-01-2022, 06:39 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Sweet, I'm going to alumni homer and root for him to make the squad. It's fun seeing a RedHawk on the Bengals.  He had tryouts with the Ravens, Dolphins, and Bears lined up so apparently the Bengals decided to change those plans.

He's more quick than fast  and is good at high pointing the ball and catching with his hands.
Reply/Quote
FSU TE Jordan Wilson is coming to rookie minicamp with intent to sign..... whatever that means. Maybe just a tryout type deal
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2022, 08:07 PM)bonesaw Wrote: FSU TE Jordan Wilson is coming to rookie minicamp with intent to sign..... whatever that means.  Maybe just a tryout type deal

It means he's getting a tryout. If he does well in minicamp, they'll sign him.
Reply/Quote
Kendric Pryor WR Wisconsin signed 5'10 183 4.38 speed 38.5 vertical 10'11 broad jump short shuttle 4.10 3 cone 6.77

Pryor is an explosive athlete at the position. He has above average straight line speed and is an impressive athlete linearly. Has shown strong hands throughout his Badgers career. Has experience both on the perimeter and in the slot. Willing as a blocker.

More athlete than receiver at this point. His skillset is better suited outside, but he will be on the small side to play outside in the NFL. Underwhelming production, though that’s not entirely on him.
Reply/Quote
Delonte Hood CB/KR Peru State signed 5'11 192 4.38 40 35 vertical 10'05 broad jump 4.20 short shuttle and 6.84 3 cone

Well-built cornerback who is best facing the action. Quick transitioning with opponents off the line, keeps receivers in front of him, and effectively covers crossing patterns. Smooth and fluid, mixes it up with opponents, and displays a sense of what’s happening on the field. Possesses a burst to the ball out of his plant. Aggressively moves upfield defending the run. Explosive hitter who separates the ball from opponents.

Hood was a solid small-school cornerback who comes with adequate size, decent speed, and solid ball skills. Best in a zone system or backed off the line of scrimmage, he possesses enough ability to make a squad as a dime back.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2022, 03:07 PM)BuildTheWall Wrote: Clarence Hicks would be competing with Cam Sample, Wyatt Hubert, and Khalid Kareem for a spot, not Bachie and Johnston. The former group are outside linebackers (as in edge rushers), while the latter group are middle linebackers, like Wilson, Pratt, Bailey, etc. 

Okay, sounds good to me. Need all the pass rushers we can get. He just seems like a pass rushing Linebacker with his size.

(05-01-2022, 05:29 PM)BuildTheWall Wrote: That makes three from the Local Day. Him, Justin Rigg, and Desmond Noel. I certainly did not expect all the undrafted ones to sign here but I expected at least a few considering our staff got an extra look at them and those guys had a chance to build a connection. We're a solid spot for him, he could compete and I think he's underrated and I find it criminal they didn't invite him to the Combine (not being a homer, I just like his game and what he brings).

Thanks, know nothing about Jake Sorenson. Is he a Slot WR or an outside guy, what size is he?

(05-01-2022, 06:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The call on LBs at the bottom of the roster often depends on special teams play.

Johnston only played 13 games with us and the Panthers last year, but I think he was top 20 in the league in special teams tackles.

If Hicks runs a 4.48 he could be very good on special teams.

True, this is where you break into the league. On Special Teams, if Hicks does his job here he could earn a spot and we 
could use him once in awhile in rushing the passer with his skills.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2022, 10:03 PM)Trademark Wrote: I kinda hope the Bengals sign Justyn Ross

He just signed with the Chiefs.  

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2022, 02:07 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: He just signed with the Chiefs.  

Which is kind of surprising tbh. I had no idea his medicals were so serious. Apparently he was born with a congenital spine condition (I thought he just had surgery due to an injury). Kid could be one bad hit away from being paralyzed.

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(05-02-2022, 02:40 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:  

Reese was projected to go in round 5 and only 7 guards were drafted before round 5 (and one early round 5), so it's not like he's a scrub.

He can play tackle or guard but I like him at guard and I think he could develop and offer us quality depth.

I like the signing!
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2022, 02:05 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Okay, sounds good to me. Need all the pass rushers we can get. He just seems like a pass rushing Linebacker with his size.

Thanks, know nothing about Jake Sorenson. Is he a Slot WR or an outside guy, what size is he?

True, this is where you break into the league. On Special Teams, if Hicks does his job here he could earn a spot and we 
could use him once in awhile in rushing the passer with his skills.

Sorenson is around 6' 190 strictly slot had 1400 yards last year. He's more quck than fast. He will be 25 by the time camp comes around. I think he's more of a camp body than anything. I think Lassiter and Pryor have more upside than he does. As far as Clarence Hicks  goes pass rushing was what he did mostly last year he had 16.5 TFL and 10.5 sacks and was honorable mention all american.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2022, 03:21 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Reese was projected to go in round 5 and only 7 guards were drafted before round 5 (and one early round 5), so it's not like he's a scrub.

He can play tackle or guard but I like him at guard and I think he could develop and offer us quality depth.

I like the signing!

Yeah he might be a nice sleeper.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2022, 02:35 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Which is kind of surprising tbh. I had no idea his medicals were so serious. Apparently he was born with a congenital spine condition (I thought he just had surgery due to an injury). Kid could be one bad hit away from being paralyzed.

klippel feil syndrome is not curable from what I understand.  The more I think about this, I think teams were not signing Ross so that he would retire, so that he avoid catastrophic injury.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(05-02-2022, 06:44 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: klippel feil syndrome is not curable from what I understand.  The more I think about this, I think teams were not signing Ross so that he would retire, so that he avoid catastrophic injury.  

Probably would be his best bet tbh.
Reply/Quote
WR Kendric Pryor of Wisconsin and DB Delonte Hood of Peru State to Cincy.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2022/5/2/23054048/bengals-wisconsin-badgers-kendric-pryor-peru-state-delonte-hood-udfa?fbclid=IwAR1IvpUyF7C9Ry8hY2q7UF-3Kr7HIvZHOQivCba-v48XtCvlHlkEdnHSRuI
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2022, 10:47 PM)cinci4life Wrote: WR Kendric Pryor of Wisconsin and DB Delonte Hood of Peru State to Cincy.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2022/5/2/23054048/bengals-wisconsin-badgers-kendric-pryor-peru-state-delonte-hood-udfa?fbclid=IwAR1IvpUyF7C9Ry8hY2q7UF-3Kr7HIvZHOQivCba-v48XtCvlHlkEdnHSRuI

I posted them yesterday lol
Reply/Quote
We're at 88, counting Huber and assuming the "mini-camp invitees" sign. Two more, since usually everybody goes with the max 90 to start camp. Could also be filled by veteran FAs, and can create a spot or two via cuts.
Build a great wall up front to protect Burrow!
Reply/Quote
Props to Pally for absolutely crushing this thread.

Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2022, 02:40 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:  

Very good at run blocking but pass blocking not so much. Not horrible but not good either.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2022, 01:26 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Props to Pally for absolutely crushing this thread.

Yep, thanks for running this thread Pally! Usually Pikespeak jumps on the UDFA list. Haven’t seen him post in a while. Hope all is well
Reply/Quote