Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
UDFAs
(05-01-2017, 08:29 PM)Joelist Wrote: I'd like to see Tupou make the roster. He and Billings would rotate in the two gap position on the line, with Atkins and Glascow possibly being the other two DTs. Then you have DE, where we have Dunlap, Will Clarke, Jordan Willis and that last spot is a dogfight. 

Why did Tupou go undrafted? 
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2017, 08:37 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: How can you not pull for cox?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Typically I only do one at a time
Reply/Quote
Boom Williams is my UDFA.

Very Gio-ish, this cat can scoot if he finds the green grass.
Reply/Quote
[quote pid='381418' dateline='1493686212']
Boom Williams is my UDFA.

Very Gio-ish, this cat can scoot if he finds the green grass.
[/quote]

Yep, Boom is a real threat to take it to the house anytime he touches the ball..... his performance against the SEC with a less than stellar UK team I thought would have seen him drafted....
Reply/Quote
Listening to NFL radio this morning, they mentioned that in the first hour after the draft was over, Cole Hikutini received one call from the owner, 5 calls from the head coach, and 2 calls from SF's medical personnel. And, he was given a $110,000.00 signing bonus. Not bad for a UDFA....
Reply/Quote
If I was in their shoes I would rather be undrafted than be a late RD pick. It would suck not hearing your name called but at least I may get a choice. I thought UDFA's like Toth, the TE from Louisville and maybe center Orlovsky from WV would be locks with them being so close. Wish we would have got those guys. Don't blame the TE for going to SF at all.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 07:44 PM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: I'll be updating this thread as Undrafted Free Agents have been signed.

So far:
Demetrious Cox, DB, Michigan State
Karel Hamilton, WR, Samford
Brandon Bell, LB, Penn State
Dustin Stanton, OL/TE, Oregon State
Jarveon Williams, RB, UT-San Antonio
Darrin Laufasa, FB, UTEP
Phil Nelson, QB, ECU
Kent Perkins, OL, Texas
Cethan Carter, TE, Nebraska
Monty Madaris, WR, Michigan State
Jason Carr, DT, West Georgia
Tyler O'Connor, QB, Michigan State
Josh Tupou, DL, Colorado
Harold Brantley, DT, Northwest Missouri State University
Landon Lechler, OL, North Dakota State
Hardy Nickerson Jr., LB, Illinois
Torren McGaster, CB, Vanderbilt
Boom Williams, RB, Kentucky

I was hoping we'd bring in Gunner Kiel. I think after the injuries and Tuberville screwing him there's still a pretty good talent there.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2017, 01:25 AM)kevin Wrote: Hardy Nickerson Jr, son of 5 time Pro Bowler Hardy Nickerson Sr,  a 4 year starter at MIKE with California and then Illinois. Good speed but built more like a safety.  Considered a bottom of the roster LB and special teams player. 6 foot and 232 pounds.  4.48 in 40 yard dash and 33 vertical jump with 18 bench presses of 225 at combine.  He was coached by his Pro Bowl father who was Defensive Coordinator at Illinois and was coached up to Big 10 Honorable Mention and led Illinois in tackles with 107.

It may have been a typo, but Nickerson ran a 4.78 in the forty.  I still like him despite his lack of height.  He didn't have a ton of talent on the defensive line at Illinois keeping him clean.  Good depth and special teams prospect.  

I liked Tupou as a late round prospect as they can work on his conditioning and maybe become a decent NT.  

Good stuff, thanks!
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2017, 02:36 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Yes!!! The Hardy Nick-man's son is aboard! I hope he sticks on PS, at least: my favourite LB ever.

Truck, I have missed you on here!  I am ready to take up a collection (or pay for it myself) to have you still access PFF for your post-game analysis.  Although I am not sure if that was the issue...maybe it was the way they report? 

I kept dropping "Dingleberry" on some posts hoping you would respond.
Reply/Quote
With regard to Tupou, he was suspended for an entire year I believe in 2015 for an alleged assault charge. That dropped his draft status and probably why he was not drafted. He also also not that great in pass rush threat but he is a space eater. He would make an excellent backup nose tackle at some point.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(05-04-2017, 09:20 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Truck, I have missed you on here!  I am ready to take up a collection (or pay for it myself) to have you still access PFF for your post-game analysis.  Although I am not sure if that was the issue...maybe it was the way they report? 

I kept dropping "Dingleberry" on some posts hoping you would respond.

Lol I still call him that all the time! Wink.

PFF has completely bastardised their grades, to make them more, "user-friendly," but their context is dreadful and the site has become just like all the others.

I'll never go back to them and their status are also bad now too.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2017, 02:39 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Listening to NFL radio this morning, they mentioned that in the first hour after the draft was over, Cole Hikutini received one call from the owner, 5 calls from the head coach, and 2 calls from SF's medical personnel. And, he was given a $110,000.00 signing bonus. Not bad for a UDFA....

I think you mis heard them. He signed for 100k base and 10k signing bonus. Teams have less than 100k in total signing bonus to spread amongst all their UDFA's.
Reply/Quote
I think Nickerson has a real shot. Flowers typically doesn't stay healthy (although I hope for the best for him) and Dawson just doesn't seem hungry from coaches impressions. Couple that with our history of UDFA LBs and Marvin's love for smart guys from football families and I think he's got it all in front of him to ball out and make the team.
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2017, 03:29 PM)Slythe Wrote: I think Nickerson has a real shot. Flowers typically doesn't stay healthy (although I hope for the best for him) and Dawson just doesn't seem hungry from coaches impressions. Couple that with our history of UDFA LBs and Marvin's love for smart guys from football families and I think he's got it all in front of him to ball out and make the team.

I won't be surprised if both he and Brandon Bell from Penn State make it. Bell's another smart guy, sort of the 2017 version of V. Rey.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2017, 03:03 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Lol I still call him that all the time! Wink.

PFF has completely bastardised their grades, to make them more, "user-friendly," but their context is dreadful and the site has become just like all the others.

I'll never go back to them and their status are also bad now too.

Bummer....Well, at least Dingleberry is still on the team!
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2017, 05:04 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Bummer....Well, at least Dingleberry is still on the team!

Yeah, he's clinging to a roster spot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Glance-at-2017-CFA-class/7ae4975a-e8a7-4d5f-9cc3-535d7c6416d7

Looks like a few of those listed don't show up here. Not sure how much upside is here, but hopefully they'll provide decent competition at camp.
Reply/Quote
Trying to catch lightning in a bottle at T?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I hope one of the OL pan out. We need another tackle, but that guard from Texas looks pretty good.
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2017, 03:26 PM)Au165 Wrote: I think you mis heard them. He signed for 100k base and 10k signing bonus. Teams have less than 100k in total signing bonus to spread amongst all their UDFA's.

You are correct, either they misstated it or I mis heard it. 10K signing bonus, 100K guaranteed money that comes off of his salary should he make the roster.
Reply/Quote