Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UFOs
They would not try to communicate with us because we are so arrogant we would not listen to anything they say.
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2021, 01:51 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Let's not let this thread go in to politics and religion land please because it is an interesting topic and not one I'd like to see moved to a forum I avoid.  

Anyway, as to questions if earth is being visited by extraterrestrials why have they not made contact?  One theory I ran across a bit ago was that any life form capable of traveling the universe to our planet may be so far advanced beyond our current human progress that they either are not interested in communicating or that they communicate with each other on a level that is not compatible with our current human linguistics.    Imagine humans trying to communicate to ants for example.  We know that ants do communicate with each other  but as advanced as we are we can not directly communicate with ants.  

So perhaps if intelligent life has visited or is still visiting they are so much more advanced than us that they see us as we see ants.  Perhaps they communicate in a way so much different than our language they don't bother or can't find a way to communicate.  Communication can be much more complicated than words and letters that make sounds.   Our language is based on symbols (letters), spoken sounds, and body language but in the grand scheme of the universe is not very old (only about 150,000 years).  It could be that a civilization capable of traveling to Earth communicates in a much different way.  For example maybe they communicate by releasing certain pheromones (like ants do) and don't use letters or sounds at all.

Of course we could argue that intelligent life with the technology to traverse the universe should be able to find a way to understand our language.  It's hard to say.  But again, if they are so advanced maybe they don't see us worth trying to communicate with.  We may just be ants to them and a point of curiosity since they are so much more advanced.  Based on the theoretical age of the universe (13.77 billion years) humans are brand new about 0.00002 years old on that scale.  

We tend to somewhat humanize what we think aliens may be.  It could very well be they are absolutely nothing like us biologically or are even outside our current understanding of biology if they exist, perhaps capable of forms of communication and understating of the universe developed maybe millions of years or more before humans came into existence.  Just something to think about.

Here is an interesting article from Astronomy Magazine on the issue of communicating with aliens or lack of being able to:

https://astronomy.com/bonus/alien-contact
While I  was reading this I kept flashing on how Sheldon Cooper is "too evolved" to be able to learn to drive.

My warped humor aside, your point is taken. Some think they do communicate with us. And that Tesla, for one, was able to hear. 

FSIW, the existence of extraterrestrials, aliens or whatever doesn't threaten my faith one iota.
Go Benton Panthers!!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2021, 01:51 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Let's not let this thread go in to politics and religion land please because it is an interesting topic and not one I'd like to see moved to a forum I avoid.  

Anyway, as to questions if earth is being visited by extraterrestrials why have they not made contact?  One theory I ran across a bit ago was that any life form capable of traveling the universe to our planet may be so far advanced beyond our current human progress that they either are not interested in communicating or that they communicate with each other on a level that is not compatible with our current human linguistics.    Imagine humans trying communicate with ants for example.  We know that ants do communicate with each other but as advanced as we are we can not directly communicate with ants.  

So perhaps if intelligent life has visited or is still visiting they are so much more advanced than us that they see us as we see ants.  Perhaps they communicate in a way so much different than our language they don't bother or can't find a way to communicate.  Communication can be much more complicated than words and letters that make sounds.   Our language is based on symbols (letters), spoken sounds, and body language but in the grand scheme of the universe is not very old (only about 150,000 years).  It could be that a civilization capable of traveling to Earth communicates in a much different way.  For example maybe they communicate by releasing certain pheromones (like ants do) and don't use letters or sounds at all.

Of course we could argue that intelligent life with the technology to traverse the universe should be able to find a way to understand our language.  It's hard to say.  But again, if they are so advanced maybe they don't see us worth trying to communicate with.  We may just be ants to them and a point of curiosity since they are so much more advanced.  Based on the theoretical age of the universe (13.77 billion years) humans are brand new about 0.00002 years old on that scale.  

We tend to somewhat humanize what we think aliens may be. Two arms, two legs, a head, mouth, nose and two eyes.   It could very well be they are absolutely nothing like us biologically or are even outside our current understanding of biology if they exist, perhaps capable of forms of communication and understating of the universe developed maybe millions of years or more before humans came into existence.  Just something to think about.

Here is an interesting article from Astronomy Magazine on the issue of communicating with aliens or lack of being able to:

https://astronomy.com/bonus/alien-contact

From what I have heard of people being abducted they CAN communicate it is just not a pleasant experience.

It is telepathy and malevolent.
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2021, 06:20 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: From what I have heard of people being abducted they CAN communicate it is just not a pleasant experience.

If they were really malevolent, we wouldn't stand a chance. 

BTW, I highly doubt it's something else than probes.

The own macrosystem of Earth is a combination of thousand of thousand of years of evolution and we know how a simple virus can change things, it's a really divine balance of "Earth things" and I doubt an organism which is alien to this macrosystem can leave like that without any severe damages to his own organism.

The biggest lesson we will learn by visiting Mars is how we are tied to Earth.

My two cents.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(05-19-2021, 02:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: They would not try to communicate with us because we are so arrogant we would not listen to anything they say.

I think the gap is too big, it would be like explaining the quantic theory to Neanderthal.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(05-19-2021, 06:20 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: From what I have heard of people being abducted they CAN communicate it is just not a pleasant experience.

Well I don't know how much I believe people supposedly being abducted by aliens.  I mean if I was a bit odd and wanted some attention I could park my car by some rural road, wander off in the woods for a day or two, wander back to the road naked flagging down a car and claim I was abducted by aliens with some amazing story.  If anything social media has shown us over the last decade or so that there are almost no limits to what some people will go to for attention and a few minutes of fame. 

I don't even know if I believe our tiny and fairly young planet in a massive universe is being explored by alien life.  I mean it could be possible but it would take a very, very advanced life form to do so.  I certainly believe given the expanse of the universe that there are planets outside our solar system that have life and most probably intelligent life as we define it. 

That said, I'm not ruling out alien abduction or alien visits.  I'm just not sold on the fact that they are doing so and also actively trying to communicate with us. Much less taking humans for samples, communicating with them in some way, and then sending them back with a story to tell all the other humans about the aliens that took them if said aliens are trying to keep things a secret.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2021, 06:42 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: If they were really malevolent, we wouldn't stand a chance. 

BTW, I highly doubt it's something else than probes.

The own macrosystem of Earth is a combination of thousand of thousand of years of evolution and we know how a simple virus can change things, it's a really divine balance of "Earth things" and I doubt an organism which is alien to this macrosystem can leave like that without any severe damages to his own organism.

The biggest lesson we will learn by visiting Mars is how we are tied to Earth.

My two cents.

Not to jump to another subject but how do scientists on this planet know what it takes for alien life forms to survive/exist?

I am totally baffled by the arrogance to be able to determine what an organism/species requires that they've never possessed nor have knowledge of before discovery.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2021, 08:16 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Not to jump to another subject but how do scientists on this planet know what it takes for alien life forms to survive/exist?

I am totally baffled by the arrogance to be able to determine what an organism/species requires that they've never possessed nor have knowledge of before discovery.

I think they just model life as they know it ... I don't really know.

My point is that we didn't get into this world but we came out of it and that every world generates his own life and I'm not really  sure they are interchangeable.

Reply/Quote
(05-19-2021, 07:35 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Well I don't know how much I believe people supposedly being abducted by aliens.  I mean if I was a bit odd and wanted some attention I could park my car by some rural road, wander off in the woods for a day or two, wander back to the road naked flagging down a car and claim I was abducted by aliens with some amazing story.  If anything social media has shown us over the last decade or so that there are almost no limits to what some people will go to for attention and a few minutes of fame. 

I don't even know if I believe our tiny and fairly young planet in a massive universe is being explored by alien life.  I mean it could be possible but it would take a very, very advanced life form to do so.  I certainly believe given the expanse of the universe that there are planets outside our solar system that have life and most probably intelligent life as we define it. 

That said, I'm not ruling out alien abduction or alien visits.  I'm just not sold on the fact that they are doing so and also actively trying to communicate with us. Much less taking humans for samples, communicating with them in some way, and then sending them back with a story to tell all the other humans about the aliens that took them if said aliens are trying to keep things a secret.

It doesn't make a lot of sense from an alien view. 

Whatever it takes it's a ***** long travel, an expedition, something that matters and I highly doubt you travel through space to arm any Kansas fellow to try to understand why he packs toilet paper during a pandemic ...

Reply/Quote
(05-19-2021, 08:16 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Not to jump to another subject but how do scientists on this planet know what it takes for alien life forms to survive/exist?

That is kind of what I was saying earlier about our limited knowledge of other possible life forms.  Our understanding of biology is fairly new.  There was a study that has shown some bacteria are capable of living in pure hydrogen and pure helium environments, the most abundant elements in our known universe.   So while we have some idea what it takes to support life on our planet, our knowledge is limited at this point.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2021, 07:35 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Well I don't know how much I believe people supposedly being abducted by aliens.  I mean if I was a bit odd and wanted some attention I could park my car by some rural road, wander off in the woods for a day or two, wander back to the road naked flagging down a car and claim I was abducted by aliens with some amazing story.  If anything social media has shown us over the last decade or so that there are almost no limits to what some people will go to for attention and a few minutes of fame. 

Hey, not all of us do that because we want attention.

As to the OP: Why would a superior alien species come visit this planet??? Because they can. 

Why did we climb Mt Everest, trek to the South Pole, or land on the moon?  Because we could
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I hypothesize that what we think are aliens are actually humanoids from the ocean. I believe that the world Governments have known about them since the first Nuclear bomb was dropped in 1945 and the reason why they are watching us is so we don't destroy each other.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2021, 10:05 PM)J24 Wrote: I hypothesize that what we think are aliens are actually humanoids from the ocean. I believe that the world Governments have known about them since the first Nuclear bomb was dropped in 1945 and the reason why they are watching us is so we don't destroy each other.

[Image: Aliens.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I definitely believe that there could be advanced life forms that have explored our solar system either in person, or through probes, or simply through observation from great distances.

However if these life forms did not want to be detected then we would never know they were here.  They sure as hell would not be landing in the woods hoping that no one saw them or abducting people for testing then returning them to tell everyone about their abduction.

Humans think they have pretty advanced knowledge but actually we are almost clueless about how the universe works.  We are still making up stuff like "dark matter" just to fill the huge holes in our theories.  Same with basic biology.  We still have no idea how to fix things like our own brains, or understand basic cellular problems like cancer, or create life out of basic elements.  We have no idea what type of life forms may have evolved on other planets under different conditions.  There are currently types of life on the bottom of the oceans right here on earth that we do not fully understand.

The human race would be so far behind any interstellar space travelers that they would have no reason to try and communicate with us.  To them we would seem like a bunch of one-year-olds throwing our shit at each other and fighting over toy blocks.
Reply/Quote
Yes, what we know is dwarfed by what we don't, and our collective and individual intellectual arrogance cracks me up. What we do know, from this report, is that there are aerial phenomena that appear to be crafts which possess movement capability thar far exceed anything in our inventory.

My wife and I have seen the lights operated by joysticks mentioned earlier, while we were camping, many years ago.

Maybe our race possesses features others don't, and they find these interesting.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2021, 10:05 PM)J24 Wrote: I hypothesize that what we think are aliens are actually humanoids from the ocean. I believe that the world Governments have known about them since the first Nuclear bomb was dropped in 1945 and the reason why they are watching us is so we don't destroy each other.

This is a far out theory but its not too far off from the one that believes the aliens put us on this earth to begin with and have been constantly watching over us from the beginning. Kind of like a science project type of thing. 

Every idea and hypothesis is just that, a hypothesis. These crafts and why they are here could be anything until proven otherwise. My main thing is that I hope they aren't hostile. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
just waiting on word of flying pyramids
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2021, 12:06 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: This is a far out theory but its not too far off from the one that believes the aliens put us on this earth to begin with and have been constantly watching over us from the beginning. Kind of like a science project type of thing. 

Every idea and hypothesis is just that, a hypothesis. These crafts and why they are here could be anything until proven otherwise. My main thing is that I hope they aren't hostile. 

But if they were hostile, and possessed the tech to visit and largely be unnoticed by the masses, wouldn't they have acted on their hostilities at this point? 
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2021, 04:33 PM)SladeX Wrote: While I  was reading this I kept flashing on how Sheldon Cooper is "too evolved" to be able to learn to drive.

My warped humor aside, your point is taken. Some think they do communicate with us. And that Tesla, for one, was able to hear. 

FSIW, the existence of extraterrestrials, aliens or whatever doesn't threaten my faith one iota.

he had his drivers liscense and just didnt tell anyone
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2021, 01:30 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: But if they were hostile, and possessed the tech to visit and largely be unnoticed by the masses, wouldn't they have acted on their hostilities at this point? 

Yep you would think. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote