Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UFOs
(06-15-2021, 04:09 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: As I said, maybe it's just people from the future. 

Still think the space is too big. 

Or maybe it was just the first Sci Fi novel of history :)

What's funny is even if someone thinks time travel is absurd...  it sure would make things interesting if true.

Just imagine events through long stretches of time that where affected by future time travelers.

Changes in thinking and ideas brought about by a time traveler dropping info to humans throughout history.

Not just some natural random scientific findings, epiphanies, or freethinking enlightenment but slight pushes/nudges from future travelers.

I mean if we're talking alien UFOs of total unknown, then the stretches of human capabilities cannot be taken off the table in my opinion.

Couldn't scientists be reverse engineering technology from failed time travelers and not of those from extraterrestrials?
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2021, 08:19 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: What's funny is even if someone thinks time travel is absurd...  it sure would make things interesting if true.

Just imagine events through long stretches of time that where affected by future time travelers.

Changes in thinking and ideas brought about by a time traveler dropping info to humans throughout history.

Not just some natural random scientific findings, epiphanies, or freethinking enlightenment but slight pushes/nudges from future travelers.

I mean if we're talking alien UFOs of total unknown, then the stretches of human capabilities cannot be taken off the table in my opinion.

Couldn't scientists be reverse engineering technology from failed time travelers and not of those from extraterrestrials?

Time travel crosses the line for me. There is just no way
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2021, 07:10 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Time travel crosses the line for me. There is just no way

What about a hot tub time machine?  Cool
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2021, 10:11 AM)Beaker Wrote: Again, science doesn't require belief, only understanding, its religion which requires belief. 

Just so you know, I didn't reach my current world view by simply dismissing religion. I have read many religious texts including the bible, the Quran, the Tibetan Book of Living and Dying, holistic texts such as a Course in Miracles, etc. In addition, I found science to be quite logical and thorough at explaining why and how many things occur in nature. I found religion as more of a way to seek inner peace, but not so good at explaining why things occur in nature. I am totally open to changing my world view should something else provide strong evidence to explain things. I even allow for the possibility that a creator got life started, but I'm also very certain that once it began it has proceeded via evolution. Could it be that if there is a creator, that evolution was the way they intended for life to proceed? Could be. 

I would not exclude you as a friend or acquaintance because we have different views on certain topics. Different views and beliefs are what lead us to discovery and truth. Staying in the same rut surrounding yourself with only those that think exactly like you it what prevents advancement in thinking and discovery. So no, I rarely get offended irl, and never on a message board. Its all good. 

Cool Beaker. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2021, 07:10 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Time travel crosses the line for me. There is just no way

Felt the same for awhile but I did see that the Nazi's built a thing called the Bell that stood in a circle hung by 11 pillars and 
was supposedly saw disappearing in 45 with the hot Nazi babe and a few others. The Nazi's were calling it a time machine 
anyways, saw pictures of it. Was another weird thing, I think this fits the UFO narrative.

Maybe the hot Nazi babe came back and turned the world into a bunch of smart phone hooked Zombies...

Who knows man. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2021, 10:11 AM)Beaker Wrote: Again, science doesn't require belief, only understanding, its religion which requires belief. 

Just so you know, I didn't reach my current world view by simply dismissing religion. I have read many religious texts including the bible, the Quran, the Tibetan Book of Living and Dying, holistic texts such as a Course in Miracles, etc. In addition, I found science to be quite logical and thorough at explaining why and how many things occur in nature. I found religion as more of a way to seek inner peace, but not so good at explaining why things occur in nature. I am totally open to changing my world view should something else provide strong evidence to explain things. I even allow for the possibility that a creator got life started, but I'm also very certain that once it began it has proceeded via evolution. Could it be that if there is a creator, that evolution was the way they intended for life to proceed? Could be. 

I would not exclude you as a friend or acquaintance because we have different views on certain topics. Different views and beliefs are what lead us to discovery and truth. Staying in the same rut surrounding yourself with only those that think exactly like you it what prevents advancement in thinking and discovery. So no, I rarely get offended irl, and never on a message board. Its all good. 
Ever hear the saying that great minds think alike?  They don't. Fish think alike as do many herd animals. Great minds are by their very nature very independent and unique. Otherwise they're just like everyone else and quite ordinary. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2021, 02:23 AM)grampahol Wrote: Ever hear the saying that great minds think alike?  They don't. Fish think alike as do many herd animals. Great minds are by their very nature very independent and unique. Otherwise they're just like everyone else and quite ordinary. 

I have seen some weird fish though.

Heard of one story where my friend saw one Brown trout that came up on his lure and had 5 or so lures on his face and just 
snatched his lure away as another trophy. Big Brown sumbitch. Just another fish story though lol

Nothing ordinary about that fish. Mellow
Reply/Quote