Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UFOs
(06-08-2021, 01:33 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three.

"What, behind the bunny?"

Eh-hem:

"What, behind the rabbit?"
"It IS the rabbit."
"You silly sod!"
"What?"
"You got us all worked up!"
"That's no ordinary rabbit; that's the most foul, cruel and bad-tempered rodent you ever set eyes on!"
"You tit! I soiled my armour, I was so scared."
"Look that rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide, he's a killer!"
"Get stuffed!"
"He'll do you a treat, mate."
"Oh yeah? Manky, Scots git."
"I'm warnin' you!"
"What's he do, nibble your bum?"
"He's got huge, sharp, uh, he can leap about... look at bones!"
"Go on Bors, chop his head off."
"Right! Silly, little bleeder. One rabbit stew comin' right up!"
"LOOK!"
(rabbit decapitates Bors)
"JESUS CHRIST!"
"I warned you!"

lol I can go on: I quote this scene in my head whenever I see a rabbit, someone mentions Scots or chopping someone/thing LOL
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2021, 10:30 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Eh-hem:

"What, behind the rabbit?"
"It IS the rabbit."
"You silly sod!"
"What?"
"You got us all worked up!"
"That's no ordinary rabbit; that's the most foul, cruel and bad-tempered rodent you ever set eyes on!"
"You tit! I soiled my armour, I was so scared."
"Look that rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide, he's a killer!"
"Get stuffed!"
"He'll do you a treat, mate."
"Oh yeah? Manky, Scots git."
"I'm warnin' you!"
"What's he do, nibble your bum?"
"He's got huge, sharp, uh, he can leap about... look at bones!"
"Go on Bors, chop his head off."
"Right! Silly, little bleeder. One rabbit stew comin' right up!"
"LOOK!"
(rabbit decapitates Bors)
"JESUS CHRIST!"
"I warned you!"

lol I can go on: I quote this scene in my head whenever I see a rabbit, someone mentions Scots or chopping someone/thing LOL

If there are more quotable movies  there arent many lol...

The rabbit scene
The bridge keeper scene
Scene 27 with some lovely acting.....
The Black Knight
The French Taunting
Building a castle in a swamp
Witch Scene.
....  Just about every scene that wasnt a song lol.

If we need to Bring this Full Circle another Great Monty Python Works Life of Brian hints to UFO's being around during ancient rome lol.

Reply/Quote
(06-07-2021, 01:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Don't want to de-rail this thread, but perhaps you should read about what God's chosen people did to the Canaanites over a real estate dispute AFTER He handed down those Commandments.

Not to mention people wearing mixed fibers and trimming their beards.. We're all goin to H E double dirty Q-tips..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(06-05-2021, 10:06 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, wild world under there. Need to do more exploring and not censor it like the media does.

I saw a Mesosaur on a truck bed in Thailand about 10 years ago with an entire village getting ready to cut it up on youtube.

You cannot find that vid on youtube anymore. Kind of hard to prove it, but was real as you or me.

The ocean is huge with all kind of crazy things in there. These types of things are what others do not want to be seen.

It proves the flood and proves evolution of man does not exist. Everything evolves, just not from a 1 celled organism to a human.

The ocean is big proves the flood? Rock solid logic there. Evolution is the way life proceeds on this planet. All current life on Earth evolved from single celled organisms....even humans. And the best part is, evolution doesn't require your belief. Its happening whether you believe it or not.
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2021, 07:45 AM)Beaker Wrote: The ocean is big proves the flood? Rock solid logic there. Evolution is the way life proceeds on this planet. All current life on Earth evolved from single celled organisms....even humans. And the best part is, evolution doesn't require your belief. Its happening whether you believe it or not.

I've never particularly found evolution and religion to be an either/or scenario. The Bible says God created man, it doesn't really explain how he did it. Maybe it was done through evolution, and millions of our years is but a brief second to God. But, I also have questions, like if man evolved from apes, why are there still apes,,,lol
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2021, 09:30 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I've never particularly found evolution and religion to be an either/or scenario. The Bible says God created man, it doesn't really explain how he did it. Maybe it was done through evolution, and millions of our years is but a brief second to God. But, I also have questions, like if man evolved from apes, why are there still apes,,,lol

There is a reason the bible is never found in the NON-Fiction section just FYI....
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2021, 09:30 AM)Sled21 Wrote: But, I also have questions, like if man evolved from apes, why are there still apes,,,lol

Man did not evolve from apes.  Apes and man evolved from the same common ancestor millions of years ago.
Reply/Quote
Science doesn't threaten my faith. Quite the contrary.
Many scientists confuse the mental exercise of removing the mystical from observation and the resultant theories with a way of life. In fact, adopting some sort of ego reduction would benefit science to a great degree. I'm thinking of the stories, legion, of scientists who go to ridiculous extremes to defend their theories, including suppression of competing theories by any number of means up to and including murder. I have other reasons, but this is a big one.

Here's my theory, I postulated it, and it's mine.

Are your ready? Here's my theory. That I postulated.

Dinosaurs are small at one end, get bigger in the middle, and are small at the other end.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2021, 10:06 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, wild world under there. Need to do more exploring and not censor it like the media does.

I saw a Mesosaur on a truck bed in Thailand about 10 years ago with an entire village getting ready to cut it up on youtube.

You cannot find that vid on youtube anymore. Kind of hard to prove it, but was real as you or me.

The ocean is huge with all kind of crazy things in there. These types of things are what others do not want to be seen.

It proves the flood and proves evolution of man does not exist. Everything evolves, just not from a 1 celled organism to a human.

Sir, you may be confusing evolution with the Theory of Evolution by Natural Selection. 

Evolution is a fact. In simplest terms, is just change over time; a process that's objectively true, demonstrable and observable. 

Evolution by natural selection addresses the explanation for complexities, adaptations, environmental influences, survival mechanisms an so forth as it pertains to the diversity and progression of life on this planet. 

As to the idea of a world-wide flood, there is no evidence of any repute than any such event ever took place. In fact, a vast majority of prominent academic theologians no longer support or promote such a notion and instead categorize the story as an allegorical lesson meant to illuminate God's ire with Man and the wickedness that had infected his creation.  

Also, when you state a single-celled organism can't evolve into a human, I would suggest some reading up on some of the incredible research that's been done in that area --- unicellular to multicelluar. A more recent work, and one that is rather easy to navigate, can be found at https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-019-39558-8. If that peaks your interest, there are many others that, while more complex and involved, are incredibly fascinating and enlightening. I would be glad to share more links if you would like to pursue the topic further.
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2021, 10:35 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Man did not evolve from apes.  Apes and man evolved from the same common ancestor millions of years ago.

I'm often dismayed that this isn't more readily known. Perhaps an incredible failure in the education system; it's frustrating to see that question still being asked in this day and age, especially when the answer is easily accessible. 
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2021, 09:47 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: There is a reason the bible is never found in the NON-Fiction section just FYI....

Nor is it found in the FICTION section.
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2021, 07:45 AM)Beaker Wrote: The ocean is big proves the flood? Rock solid logic there. Evolution is the way life proceeds on this planet. All current life on Earth evolved from single celled organisms....even humans. And the best part is, evolution doesn't require your belief. Its happening whether you believe it or not.

Lol, prove it. Where have you ever actually seen a one celled organism evolve into anything more than a one celled organism?

Billions of years is BS, sorry if it interferes with your job Beaker. Evolution happens just not like this. 

A one celled organism just doesn't come from the goo to the zoo to you...
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2021, 12:38 PM)Lucidus Wrote: Sir, you may be confusing evolution with the Theory of Evolution by Natural Selection. 

Evolution is a fact. In simplest terms, is just change over time; a process that's objectively true, demonstrable and observable. 

Evolution by natural selection addresses the explanation for complexities, adaptations, environmental influences, survival mechanisms an so forth as it pertains to the diversity and progression of life on this planet. 

As to the idea of a world-wide flood, there is no evidence of any repute than any such event ever took place. In fact, a vast majority of prominent academic theologians no longer support or promote such a notion and instead categorize the story as an allegorical lesson meant to illuminate God's ire with Man and the wickedness that had infected his creation.  

Also, when you state a single-celled organism can't evolve into a human, I would suggest some reading up on some of the incredible research that's been done in that area --- unicellular to multicelluar. A more recent work, and one that is rather easy to navigate, can be found at https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-019-39558-8. If that peaks your interest, there are many others that, while more complex and involved, are incredibly fascinating and enlightening. I would be glad to share more links if you would like to pursue the topic further.

Evidence is all around you of the flood, the Grand Canyon and most all the bigger canyons happened suddenly.

They didn't just slowly wash out over billions of years sorry. There have been bones of the so called dinosaurs found with meat 
still on the bones. This is not possible over millions of years. Also, did you know that the word "dinosaur" was only created a couple
hundred years ago by the Smithsonian and your fellow academics. Before that they were all called "dragons" or "serpents".

There has been a massive job going on to try and cover up the flood and all things pertaining to the Bible. Giants and all things of 
this sort have been found and even are around today. A dozen or so troops were murdered and ate by a 16 foot giant in Afghanistan
about 10 years ago, they killed it and took it away. A few of the surviving troops spoke about it and I believe them.

I know I am way out there lol

Way more than you guys and your billions of years theory and no flood ever happened theories.

The flood explains many things and I believe the Bible isn't taken literal enough. They make you go to sleep when you go to church
which is a travesty. The Bible is the greatest action novel of all time IMO. Should be riveting, not a judgmental thing or something 
you have to do on Sundays which I don't believe is the Sabbath anyways. Saturday is the last day of the week, the Sabbath.

Sunday is the first day of the week when the sun rises.
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2021, 03:26 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Lol, prove it. Where have you ever actually seen a one celled organism evolve into anything more than a one celled organism?

Billions of years is BS, sorry if it interferes with your job Beaker. Evolution happens just not like this. 

A one celled organism just doesn't come from the goo to the zoo to you...

What's BS is your knowledge of how evolution proceeds. And once again, whether you believe it or not is inconsequential. It doesn't require your belief, it only requires that you understand how it happens, which you clearly don't. I will keep teaching students to how evolution truly works so that they will grasp it correctly, and eventually archaic thinking like yours will eventually die out....a so called evolutionary dead end.
Reply/Quote
You want to know the real reason we are suddenly hearing so much from the government and the media about UFOs?

More hype for the King.

[Image: lebron-james-space-jam.png?resize=600%2C...#038;ssl=1]
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2021, 09:48 AM)Beaker Wrote: What's BS is your knowledge of how evolution proceeds. And once again, whether you believe it or not is inconsequential. It doesn't require your belief, it only requires that you understand how it happens, which you clearly don't. I will keep teaching students to how evolution truly works so that they will grasp it correctly, and eventually archaic thinking like yours will eventually die out....a so called evolutionary dead end.

Wow, convinced me lol Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2021, 10:22 AM)fredtoast Wrote: You want to know the real reason we are suddenly hearing so much from the government and the media about UFOs?

More hype for the King.

[Image: lebron-james-space-jam.png?resize=600%2C...#038;ssl=1]

That guy. I miss Michael Jordan of da Bulls. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2021, 03:11 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Wow, convinced me lol Hilarious

But you're convinced a 16 foot giant ate people in Afghanistan. Gotcha. ThumbsUp

Its people like you that I don't worry about. You will believe your own absurd notions no matter what evidence is put in front of you to the contrary. If it conflicts with your particular world view it has to be BS. I get to teach our youth the true facts, while you simply get to put forth unsubstantiated myths on a message board.
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2021, 03:38 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Evidence is all around you of the flood, the Grand Canyon and most all the bigger canyons happened suddenly.

They didn't just slowly wash out over billions of years sorry. There have been bones of the so called dinosaurs found with meat 
still on the bones. This is not possible over millions of years. Also, did you know that the word "dinosaur" was only created a couple
hundred years ago by the Smithsonian and your fellow academics. Before that they were all called "dragons" or "serpents".

There has been a massive job going on to try and cover up the flood and all things pertaining to the Bible. Giants and all things of 
this sort have been found and even are around today. A dozen or so troops were murdered and ate by a 16 foot giant in Afghanistan
about 10 years ago, they killed it and took it away. A few of the surviving troops spoke about it and I believe them.

Way more than you guys and your billions of years theory and no flood ever happened theories.

The flood explains many things and I believe the Bible isn't taken literal enough. They make you go to sleep when you go to church
which is a travesty. The Bible is the greatest action novel of all time IMO. Should be riveting, not a judgmental thing or something 
you have to do on Sundays which I don't believe is the Sabbath anyways. Saturday is the last day of the week, the Sabbath.

If your scientific knowledge base is formed around stories from the bible. You may have some outdated theories. Sounds like someone spent some coin at the Ark Encounter.

I get why religious types are not big on accepting the fact our lives are absolutely itsy bitsy teeny tiny flashes in the pan in the grand scheme of time. It's an unsettling concept.

I believe our ancestors slayed some monsters. And at the same time I am totally stunned there are adults who think a story from some ancient book about some guy building a boat and loading it up with two of every animal on earth while the entire planet flooded is plausible but evolution, time, and thousands of years of human civilization later with all the scientific advancements, collective knowledge, and discoveries is too far out to believe.
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2021, 03:38 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Evidence is all around you of the flood, the Grand Canyon and most all the bigger canyons happened suddenly.

In an effort to be as respectable as possible, I will simply describe your post as unfortunate. Perhaps the educational system failed you greatly in terms of scientific basics and critical thinking skills, or perhaps you simply prefer conspiracies, anti-scientific theories or ideologies that claim to be true because they fall outside evidence based consensus. In either case, it's unfortunate. 

When you assert that evidence for the flood is all around us, it's simply not true. In fact, there is no evidence at all that would suggest a global flood. If scientists thought there was such evidence, they would be pursuing it to great degrees in hopes of making an incredible discovery. They would not be attempting to "cover it up" as you asserted. 

You referenced the origin of the word dinosaur. It's a combination of the Greek words "deinos" and "sauros" and was first used in around 1841 by Sir Richard Owen as a means to categorize a certain family of fossils, which he coined "dinosauria". He invented the term to describe large reptiles that lived hundreds of millions of year prior. He realized these fossils were deserving of their own distinct taxonomic grouping; as there was no useful utility in ambiguous labels.

The subject of giants killing soldiers in Afghanistan is the product of conspiratorial and supernatural sites around the web that have been spreading said nonsense for years and have yet to provide even a scintilla of proof. I'm astonished [although I probably shouldn't be] that anyone with even the slightest level of cognitive reasoning would believe such a thing.

Finally, when you assert that the Bible should be taken more literally, does that include instructions on owning your fellow human beings, treating women as second class citizens, forcing rape victims to marry their assailants and killing unruly children?
Reply/Quote