Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
UNSUNG HEROES
We are all aware of the contributions yesterday by Joey B. , Chase , Reader, Uzo , Logan Wilson , and Shooter McPherson to get us into the AFC Championship game. But what about the unsung heros? In big games like the one yesterday, you have to have your superstars step up but you also need plays from other guys. Oftentimes, it's those guys that make the difference between you winning or losing. Who are your unsung heroes from yesterday's big win?

Mike Hilton - HUGE interception when the Titans were in the Red Zone. One of the best INT's you'll ever see.

Chris Evans - I love this guy. 3 kickoff returns for 82 yards.

Eli Apple - made up for the taunting penalty by deflecting Tanny's final pass for Logan's INT. The Titans might have won if Eli doesn't get the hand in there.

Jesse Bates- Pick on the first play of the game. Set the tone. Led to a quick 3 points.

Clay Johnston- #44 Stopped Derrick Henry on the two-point conversion. Had the Titans gotten that two points, Tanny is just taking a knee at the end instead of throwing an INT.

Tre Flowers - an absolute special teams assassin . He is a punt returner's worst nightmare. Tre is an absolute blanket on ST coverage. Kept the Titans from having any return game.

Who do you vote as biggest unsung hero? Maybe it's one of mine or someone else. Who ya got ?
Reply/Quote
I did enjoy seeing some nice kick returns.

Mike Vrabel going for two doesn’t get enough praise.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Kevin Huber for not pulling a Tony Romo at a critical time.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Ryan T. He would get the game ball from me. Clutch INTs all game!
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 02:27 PM)M.W. Wrote: Ryan T. He would get the game ball from me. Clutch INTs all game!

And Vrabel. Really, really odd  call going for two early on. Could have ended 17-16 Titans with Tanny taking a knee at the end instead of 19-16 Bengals on a Shooter walkoff kick.  I say, thanks Coach V  !!!
Reply/Quote
Clark Harris. As usual, all of his snaps were right on point!
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 02:33 PM)Science Friction Wrote: And Vrabel. Really, really odd  call going for two early on. Could have ended 17-16 Titans with Tanny taking a knee at the end instead of 19-16 Bengals on a Shooter walkoff kick.  I say, thanks Coach V  !!!

Real man of genius - Mr. go for the 2 point conversion for absolutely no GD reason... Real man of genius!!
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 02:36 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Clark Harris. As usual, all of his snaps were right on point!

Such an underrated aspect of a game !!!
Reply/Quote
Mike Hilton also was able to chase down AJ Brown, who had a clear field to the endzone, from behind saving a touchdown on the play immediately preceding the interception

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 02:36 PM)M.W. Wrote: Real man of genius - Mr. go for the 2 point conversion for absolutely no GD reason... Real man of genius!!

That was some two weeks to prepare level genius right there.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 02:43 PM)michaelsean Wrote: That was some two weeks to prepare level genius right there.

Agreed, can't scheme this crap up in a week, it takes time to turn coal into a diamond... and pressure.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 02:23 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Mike Vrabel going for two doesn’t get enough praise.

(01-23-2022, 02:33 PM)Science Friction Wrote: And Vrabel. Really, really odd  call going for two early on. Could have ended 17-16 Titans with Tanny taking a knee at the end instead of 19-16 Bengals on a Shooter walkoff kick.  I say, thanks Coach V  !!!

(01-23-2022, 02:36 PM)M.W. Wrote: Real man of genius - Mr. go for the 2 point conversion for absolutely no GD reason... Real man of genius!!

No way to prove this but if Zac had made the same decision I bet it would have been praised as "playing to win instead of not to lose".
Reply/Quote
I already said in two other threads last night that special teams across the board deserve tons of respect for this win.

Holder and long snapper are critical in a kick getting a chance to be successful. Flowers was a beast and some clutch returns for great field position.
Reply/Quote
Isaiah Prince for not being as horrible as some people thought.. Hell, the entire line for not giving up when it mattered the most..  Who Dey Who Dey
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Good call on Chris Evans. I think we found our kick returner.

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 02:47 PM)grampahol Wrote: Isaiah Prince for not being as horrible as some people thought.. Hell, the entire line for not giving up when it mattered the most..  Who Dey Who Dey

Isiah Prince was terrible. Stop thinking those PFF numbers are legit
Reply/Quote
Chris Evans and Tre Flowers. Special teams being solid today helped ALOT
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 02:48 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Good call on Chris Evans. I think we found our kick returner.

Absolutely!!! The guy gets good yardage about every time he touches the ball. He's very decisive as a returner. No hesitation ; runs North-South. Love him!!
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 02:48 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Good call on Chris Evans. I think we found our kick returner.

Fat Randy wasn't putting his weight behind those kick offs, landing on the 8 yard line.  Chris is good though!
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 02:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No way to prove this but if Zac had made the same decision I bet it would have been praised as "playing to win instead of not to lose".

Yeah but there was no playing to win aspect to it.

Reply/Quote