Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
UNSUNG HEROES
(01-23-2022, 02:20 PM)Science Friction Wrote: We are all aware of the contributions yesterday by  Joey B. , Chase , Reader,  Uzo , Logan Wilson , and Shooter McPherson to get us into the AFC Championship game.  But what about the unsung heros?  In big games like the one yesterday, you have to have your superstars step up but you also need plays from other guys. Oftentimes, it's those guys that make the difference between you winning or losing.  Who are your unsung heroes from yesterday's big win?

Mike Hilton -  HUGE interception when the Titans were in the Red Zone. One of the best INT's you'll ever see.

Chris Evans - I love this guy. 3 kickoff returns for  82 yards.

Eli Apple - made up for the taunting penalty by deflecting Tanny's final pass for Logan's INT. The Titans might have won if Eli doesn't get the hand in there.

Jesse Bates-  Pick on the first play of the game. Set the tone. Led to a quick 3 points.

Clay Johnston-  #44 Stopped Derrick Henry on the two-point conversion. Had the Titans gotten that two points, Tanny is just taking a knee at the end instead of throwing an INT.

Tre Flowers -  an absolute special teams assassin .  He is a punt returner's worst nightmare.  Tre is an absolute blanket on ST coverage. Kept the Titans from having any return game.

Who  do you vote as biggest unsung hero?  Maybe it's one of mine or someone else.   Who ya got ?

Isiah Prince
held his own at RT with an 81 pass blocking grade.  His run blocking grade wasn't that great, but he played at a level very similar to Reiff for a guy that was a former 6th round pick released by the Dolphins (not known for their line talent), he had a very solid game.

Vonn Bell got the only sack of the game for Cincy and was a very solid tackler. 

Lou Anarumo had a great game plan, and kept adjusting.  He got picks from Tannehill on his first throw of the game, first throw of the 2nd half, and his last throw of the night.  This guy hasn't received a lot of credit around here but he deserves it.  If he can find a way to keep KC down like he did in the second half, he deserves huge credit.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If Prince played so well against Tennesse, and held his own against Crosby in the wild card, then why aren’t any of you claiming that Cincy has found their RT of the future?

If prince has played so well, why does RT need to be replaced?
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 11:11 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: If Prince played so well against Tennesse, and held his own against Crosby in the wild card, then why aren’t any of you claiming that Cincy has found their RT of the future?

Context.....he played well for what he is: a backup. Adeniji didn't even play that well....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 11:45 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Context.....he played well for what he is: a backup. Adeniji didn't even play that well....

If you’re one of those pff gospel people, an 80 grade in pass protection is much better than “playing well for a back up”

That’s pretty darn terrific
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 12:02 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: If you’re one of those pff gospel people, an 80 grade in pass protection is much better than “playing well for a back up”

That’s pretty darn terrific

He had a nice game....and I'm not a pff gospel person. I think I read his run grade wasn't that stellar, but I do believe he will make a nice depth player moving forward. Let's put it this way, he far exceeded my expectations, lol. Adeniji REALLY struggled. To my eyes, he was the biggest liability against that stout front.

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 02:33 PM)Science Friction Wrote: And Vrabel. Really, really odd  call going for two early on. Could have ended 17-16 Titans with Tanny taking a knee at the end instead of 19-16 Bengals on a Shooter walkoff kick.  I say, thanks Coach V  !!!

Coaches following analytics has helped the Bengals out quite a bit this season. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 11:11 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: If Prince played so well against Tennesse, and held his own against Crosby in the wild card, then why aren’t any of you claiming that Cincy has found their RT of the future?

I would say they're playing the guy they think gives them the best shot right now and they will re-evaluate during FA and the draft. 

If he plays like he did against the Titans, they very well might have. That certainly remains to be seen though. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 12:24 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I would say they're playing the guy they think gives them the best shot right now and they will re-evaluate during FA and the draft. 

If he plays like he did against the Titans, they very well might have. That certainly remains to be seen though. 

Yeah, it's the whole sample size thing at this point. Can he sustain that level week in and week out?

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 12:26 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Yeah, it's the whole sample size thing at this point. Can he sustain that level week in and week out?

Well I tell ya, Adeniji hasn’t been able to
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 12:28 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Well I tell ya, Adeniji hasn’t been able to

LMAO, understatement of the year right there my friend! He was especially bad Saturday.

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 12:26 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yeah, it's the whole sample size thing at this point. Can he sustain that level week in and week out?

Yep. Right now, the Tennessee game is an outlier. He played well in his first start, then struggled for 5 games before this past Saturday. 

The run blocking i'm not so worried about. He just needs to be consistent in keeping Burrow clean. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 04:31 PM)pally Wrote: the tackle on that play was by Logan Wilson and Markus Bailey after being chased a bit by Sam Hubbard.  Shelvin was in the defensive crowd around the tackle

How do you think they LBS got through the line?? 
Reply/Quote