Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UPDATE: League explains why Shazier hit legal
(01-16-2016, 12:22 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I have not been one defending the flags against BUrfict and Jones.  Those were both legit penalties.  But the Shazier hit was clearly dirty.  He led with the crown of his helmet directly into Gio's face.  It is exactly what the rule is supposed to punish.  this stuff about :lining up" is total bullshit.

And Porter should have been penalized, but at least the NFL agrees and fined him for that.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^

and the Jones one there is no excuse for at all. They baited him and he took the bait and swallowed the hook whole. 

He should be giving more apologies than just to AB. 

But have always wanted him removed from team per flawed character issues. And yes I know he had a solid year between the lines.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
So Amendola after letting a punt bounce behind him turned around and lowered the crown of his helmet and speared the KC player attempting to down it before the ball went in the endzone. He was flagged and rightfully so. I would love to hear an explanation from NFL as to what the difference is between that hit and Shazier's hit.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2016, 08:13 PM)cinci4life Wrote: So Amendola after letting a punt bounce behind him turned around and lowered the crown of his helmet and speared the KC player attempting to down it before the ball went in the endzone. He was flagged and rightfully so. I would love to hear an explanation from NFL as to what the difference is between that hit and Shazier's hit.

They will say he lined him up.  Since nobody knows what that means and its not in the rule, you can't argue it.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
The penalty call explains it UNESSASARY roughness. Shazier should of been flag and so should of decastro
Reply/Quote
The whole "he didnt line him up" holds no water. I said this in a thread in smack talk. Those who have played know you have to locate and line a guy up to hit him that square. I have done it in both hockey and football. And depending on the other player's proximity, it only takes a split second to do. Gio got lined up, no matter what Blandino says.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 07:28 PM)jowczarski Wrote: Part of same story I pasted somewhere earlier, but a full explanation from Dean Blandino now included - so felt it warranted its own thread.

My bull$#!t meter is in the red now.
GO STRIPES!!!
Reply/Quote
this is such bullshit lol
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
If I was the Bengals, I would sue the NFL or take them to court on this on grounds of player safety. A freaking movie was made about all this crap for crying out loud, and the NFL refuses to recognize Gio was illegally hit. This just sets a dangerous precedent for future blows to the head after catches are made.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
If you recall Burfict got flagged for a PF in the last Steelers game for hitting Miller in the chest with his helmet while wrapping him up and tackling him and the "ref/experts" said it was a legit call because you can never lead with the crown. And now you can lead with the crown.

I hate the NFL and I want my money back!
Reply/Quote
[Image: blind+referees.png]

Here's the officiating crew for tonight's Steelers-Broncos game.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 09:34 PM)Crowe Wrote: I agree, and this season has taken my dislike of the Steelers to a whole new level. Go to profootballtalk.com and every article about this game and the injuries makes me want to find each Steelers fan and just slap the stupid out of them.

There aren't enough slaps in the world for that.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
It wasn't a penatly.

Our poor fans can't seem to understand much of anything.
Reply/Quote
On a bit of a tangent, but linked.

It was real nice seeing that **** looking all miserable on the sideline after the Denver FG. Where's your dancing now Shazier? Sit the heck down.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 09:14 PM)Blake2Pickens Wrote: It wasn't a penatly.

And you can't seem to understand that you're an idiot if you can't interpret a simple rule and see that it is a penalty.  BS is BS no matter who spews it.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 10:00 PM)EatonFan Wrote: And you can't seem to understand that you're an idiot if you can't interpret a simple rule and see that it is a penalty.  BS is BS no matter who spews it.

This cubed
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 09:14 PM)Blake2Pickens Wrote: It wasn't a penatly.

Lol just listen to what the league tells you no matter huh?

If that hits legal then I hope we start cracking star players helmet first to take them out

We just gotta make sure they make a football move first and we don't "line them up" whatever the **** that means
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 10:19 PM)CJ2etc Wrote: This cubed

Doesn't that still make it +1?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I watched shazier yesterday vs denver and he made several more tackles leading with his helmet. If he doesnt correct that, it will come back to haunt him at soem point....either as fines or an injury.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 07:32 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: If that's not leading with the crown of the helmet then there is no such thing.

Yes

they also say MBs TD wasnt a Catch
Reply/Quote