Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ugly Win
(09-09-2018, 06:03 PM)BengalD Wrote: Since I havent seen it yet - I'm just going to say it. That sucked.  Outside of Mixon carrying the load, and the F man making a big play at the end - that sucked.  Oline cant get it done.  The awsome pass rush that they we're supposed to - cant get it done.  85% of the game this team was on its heals.  Green turning it over - ugh!  The colts (especially their o line) were supposed to be middle of the road at best,  A d-lineman the Bengals cut because he just wasnt good enough  - goes off.   All I can say is thank goodness for Mixon and FJ. 6 and 10 here they come.  Setup for another prime time let down.  Does the groundhog day never end?

Every win is a thing of beauty. It's your negativity that sux.
Reply/Quote
I swear it hurts me to say this as much as it hurts everyone to hear it but...play Cedric Ogbeuhi at Right Tackle on Thursday.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Opening game, Bengals outscore the Colts 17-0 in the 4th quarter on the road to win 31-23.

Ugly win though.

Mods, what am I allowed or not allowed to say at this point?
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 06:20 PM)Synric Wrote: I swear this hurts me to say this as much as it hurts everyone to hear it but...play Cedric Ogbeuhi at Right Tackle on Thursday.

He wasn't as bad as you make him out to be.

Really, he wasn't. And he slipped on one of the sacks, didn't get beaten.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Can we go grab ANYONE to plug in at RT?
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 06:03 PM)BengalD Wrote: Since I havent seen it yet - I'm just going to say it. That sucked.  Outside of Mixon carrying the load, and the F man making a big play at the end - that sucked.  Oline cant get it done.  The awsome pass rush that they we're supposed to - cant get it done.  85% of the game this team was on its heals.  Green turning it over - ugh!  The colts (especially their o line) were supposed to be middle of the road at best,  A d-lineman the Bengals cut because he just wasnt good enough  - goes off.   All I can say is thank goodness for Mixon and FJ. 6 and 10 here they come.  Setup for another prime time let down.  Does the groundhog day never end?

It is the NFL, I have yet to see a bad ROAD WIN!, Factor in got behind and then made plays to win the game. I see 10-6.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
“Since I haven’t seen it” ...obviously you mean the game.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 06:09 PM)Brimey Wrote: Here's a silver lining...

They just beat Andrew Luck on the road. And Luck looked good.

They brought in a new defensive coordinator to cause more turnovers. They forced two and ultimately those two won them the game.

They actually ran the ball effectively.

The offense made big plays

The offensive line looked good outside of RT.

The defensive line didn't allow Luck to throw downfield. Everything was short. Not every QB is going to be as good as Luck at doing that

They showed grit. Bad turnovers, bad penalties. And yet the stormed back. Loved seeing Dre on the sideline cheering the offense on.

Remember the opener last year?

rep
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 06:12 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Exactly. The only thing ugly about today's game was our Right Tackle. (and AJ had an off day)

An off day for AJ is 92 yds and a TD lol

But yeah, he has to clean up those fumbles (although the Colt made a great play on the 1st one).

Reply/Quote

umm...so why are you starting a thread about the type of win it was?!  Ninja

- Mixon ran great and was great to see Lazor/AD dump ball off to him and let him try and get YAC.  Also we pretty much kept giving it to him too.
- Price was doing a damn good Bodine impression at times
- I'm so glad we have Glenn at LT . Hart is what most people thought he was...not sure where we go with RT but its the clear achilles heal on offense
- Fat Randy may not look great but he got the job done today on KO and FG
- gonna be a long season with these new leading with helmet rules...Tez will not last long based on what we saw today.
- Vigil was pretty active and made some good plays.
- thought dennard and WJIII were solid along with Bates.  Williams was a moron for his 'tackle' on Luck
- The Defense seemed to play very soft at times, TA seemed to leave it quite late to dial up some blitzes.
- Luck looked impressive bearing in mind his layoff..glad we got them early.
- Infuriating game from AJ - two fumbles, dropped a TD pass, but when you look at the stats it looks OK but he was close to being a liability today.

first win after such a bad first half though shows resilience . who dey!
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 06:16 PM)Joelist Wrote: I saw the game. If anything Hart was WORSE. The announcers even noticed how poorly he played and if you noticed we finally were forced to use mass protect on the right side to get time to throw.

I saw every Giants game last year, and Hart is arguably the worst offensive lineman in the NFL. For some reason, Marv has hard-on for the guy. He shouldn't be playing pro football. Ever. And yet, here we are... Whatever
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 06:22 PM)thegimp Wrote: “Since I haven’t seen it” ...obviously you mean the game.

No - I mean posted on the board. Listen, I don't mean to be debbie downer but I've been with this team since 68. And what happened today was more of the same. No improvement. Sure any team will take the win , but sixteen weeks of that won't get it done.
Reply/Quote
Game one. All anybody is hoping for is a win, no matter how. Style points don't count. And how is roaring back in the second half and sealing the deal with a scoop and score not a beautiful thing?

Hell, a win like this might be more beneficial in the long run than a walk in the park.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Dunlap was great but had 2 very bad calls against him.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 06:21 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: He wasn't as bad as you make him out to be.

Really, he wasn't. And he slipped on one of the sacks, didn't get beaten.

Actually the reason he slipped was because the walking tree of a man Hunt beat him off of the snap. When he tried to recover he stepped to far and went down. If Hunt can beat you with "speed" there is no hope for you.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 06:22 PM)Joelist Wrote: Can we go grab ANYONE to plug in at RT?

I'll take anyone, and I mean ANYONE over Hart.. And yes, that includes Ced Og...

But there's gotta be a backup or practice squad player available who's better than both of them. There just has to be
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 06:35 PM)BengalD Wrote: No - I mean posted on the board. Listen, I don't mean to be debbie downer but I've been with this team since 68. And what happened today was more of the same. No improvement. Sure any team will take the win , but sixteen weeks of that won't get it done.

There was improvement. Pretty sure we were dead least in the running game last year, and Mixon looked great today. Almost 100 yds on the ground.

Reply/Quote
I know we want and expect Super Bowl perfection  Sarcasm . I also know our offense was ranked 32nd a year ago, the OL may have been the worst in the NFL and we beat the Colts at home. WE beat the Colts on the road. I saw an enthusiastic never say die team over and over again.

Heart in the NFL can win games, today our team played with heart. Yes, it was ugly at times. I saw us rush the football for over 100 yards when many said we will have no run game. I saw get his first TD. I saw Eifert back and contributing. I saw Boyd hustle and make a huge fumble recovery.

I saw lots of areas we need to work on also, but I would rather be discussing improvements we need to make after a road win than a any loss.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Dalton 21-28 for 243 yards, 2 TD's, 1 INT and a rating of 109
Mixon 17 carries for 95 yards at 5.5 yards per carry and 1 TD
Green and Ross both had a TD catch
Atkins and Dunlap both had a sack
Defense had an INT and a game ending Fumble/Scoop and score.

It was a close game, that's for sure but I don't think it was ugly. Defense still has work to do and the right side of the Offensive line needs help but overall, it was a good win on the road.

I'm looking forward to Thursday nights game against the Ravens and I hope the Bengals take them to the woodshed although I think the Ravens are going to be looking for a little payback for last year.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 06:37 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: I'll take anyone, and I mean ANYONE over Hart.. And yes, that includes Ced Og...

But there's gotta be a backup or practice squad player available who's better than both of them. There just has to be

Jermon Bushrod is available. Instant upgrade.
Reply/Quote